Good Thing Player's "Love" Manny

Advertisement
revisionist historians already out on Brevin.

Got drafted in the 5th round so he sucked when he was here, forgetting that he showed up whenever called upon in big games, was a legit big play threat and…given how many times he got dinged up…probably played through a lot of pain while doing it. Did it all while way undersized for the position.

Your body is your body. Stop. When this man was on the field he sealed the edge against DEs and catch balls he should. Its not his fault we didn't put a team around him to win or that his body broke down from the physicality of the game. Manny is breeding softness like i said and the ones defending him are his creations. Brevin a real one, sorry
You see it time and again from kids who come from superschools like bishop gorman. They feel entitled to winning and when it doesnt happen they do whats best for them. Right or wrong thats what i saw. Just enough to tape to get drafted. Effort never lacked on the field when he was there. Stacy Coley was similar.

revisionist historians already out on Brevin.

Got drafted in the 5th round so he sucked when he was here, forgetting that he showed up whenever called upon in big games, was a legit big play threat and…given how many times he got dinged up…probably played through a lot of pain while doing it. Did it all while way undersized for the position.
White knight to the rescue. Guy missed at least half of the games he was here. Mallory was broken last year and played in every game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No need to sht on people in your industry. Give a neutral answer without bashing.

If it was Manny: He still has to develop a bit with his discipline. Anything else sounds like you're being petty.
If it was Brevin: I thank him for the time he spent coaching the team. Anything else sounds like you're being petty.

Advertisement
Manny is a low hanging fruit. It’s easy for Brevin to pile on with everything going on. Not saying either is right or wrong but Brevin had a pretty bad pro day and long injury record. Manny very well could’ve tanked his stock but Brevin needs to look in the mirror as well for some of his slipping.

1. Brevin doesn’t have a catch this year. He can blame Diaz all he wants but he’s in the League, he has a chance, all we heard was how perfect Houston was because they had no TEs. Make something of the future, don’t just **** about the past. You are where you need to be to succeed. All Diaz did publicly was praise and feature Jordan while he was here.

2. Lu said this in another thread, but we are reaching the point of the narrative arc where everyone knows Manny is DOA, so they’ll air half truths they never would’ve when he was on top. I have no idea what is true, but I’m not getting animated about this story until it’s proven accurate. By then, both of them will be far enough removed it won’t matter.

1. Brevin doesn’t have a catch this year. He can blame Diaz all he wants but he’s in the League, he has a chance, all we heard was how perfect Houston was because they had no TEs. Make something of the future, don’t just **** about the past. You are where you need to be to succeed. All Diaz did publicly was praise and feature Jordan while he was here.

2. Lu said this in another thread, but we are reaching the point of the narrative arc where everyone knows Manny is DOA, so they’ll air half truths they never would’ve when he was on top. I have no idea what is true, but I’m not getting animated about this story until it’s proven accurate. By then, both of them will be far enough removed it won’t matter.
This. Current and former players can continue to pile on (and they will) but I highly doubt Manny went out of his way to bash Brevin to scouts when his total body of work suggested mid-round selection.

Advertisement
I mean buddy if you were partying too much and showing up to practice drunk then that’s on you. If manny doesn’t disclose that he loses all credibility to nfl scouts so when your teammate goes to get drafted, your behavior and your coach covering for you could cost your old teammate money and an opportunity.

I have zero issue with manny telling the nfl scouts like it is, only if it’s true, but why would he make that up? Manny has nothing to gain by lying.

Last edited:
I mean buddy if you were partying too much and showing up to practice drunk then that’s on you. If manny doesn’t disclose that he loses all credibility to nfl scouts so when your teammate goes to get drafted, your behavior and your coach covering for you could cost that your teammate money and an opportunity.

I have zero issue with manny telling the nfl scouts like it is, only if it’s true, but why would he make that up? Manny has nothing to gain by lying.
Agreed. But this actually brings up a couple of other points. IF Brevin really did show up to practice drunk, wouldn't this warrant a suspension? I don't recall Brevin ever being suspended. Also, what does that say about the culture around this program? Players just don't respect Manny or take him seriously.

Advertisement
Back