Good Jarren Williams analysis

Advertisement
Kaaya had 3532 yards, 27 TDs, 7 Ints, 61% completion percentage his final season here.

Last year, Rosier and Perry combined for a measly 2,000 yards, 19 TDs, and 14 Ints on 51%.

If we got Kaaya’s level of production in 2018 with our defense, we win 9/10 games. More passing touchdowns, less turnovers, longer more successful drives, more points, a rested defense, better field position, etc.

Just to put this into real numbers, if our QBs last season threw for that extra 8 TDs that Kaaya did, that would've bump our offense up to 35th in total points scored. Now, that’s not even factoring in the additional points we’d score from field goals or rushing TDs as a result of the extra 1,500 passing yards, or from the added 7 possessions we’d gain from the reduction in INTs. Factor all this in, and we would’ve been top 25 in points scored last season.

These are the only teams that were top 25 in both total points scored and points allowed last year:

App St: 11-2
Alabama: 14-1
Clemson: 15-0
Florida: 10-3

Not sure what Jarren will be, but I’ll take Kaaya-level production all day from our freshman QB especially if our defense is anywhere near as stout again.

Last edited:
SIAP. Came across this YouTube channel. They have a pretty good assessment on JW. It’s kinda long but at about 27:30ish they start breaking down some of his highlight film. The older guy particularly is a good amateur analyst.

I laughed When people said Williams wasn’t a good runner or not even better than Perry in that aspect weeks ago. Williams can run..

Last edited:
Remember, Kaaya was the victim of a horrible playcalling and a sieve offense of line. He had a lot of talent but was shellshocked. I remember seeing a tooth fly out when he got hit during the FSU game
jmhcane, you can't reason with some of these guys especially when they are stuck on stupid. BK was a good QB and suffered behind the play calling of idiot coaches and average OL at best. These are things they choose to omit because it does not support their agenda.

Advertisement
Donovan McNabb is a pretty good comparison but I think JW was more polished at this stage. Psyched to see how he develops and grows.

Jw is more polished as a passer , mcnabb was more of an athlete in hs, and ran a lot of option at Syracuse. DM had far superior arm but accuracy and consistency was his issue . Especially early on.

Mcnabb was also a better athlete but Williams is light years ahead as a pocket passer.

Kaaya had 3532 yards, 27 TDs, 7 Ints, 61% completion percentage his final season here.

Last year, Rosier and Perry combined for a measly 2,000 yards, 19 TDs, and 14 Ints on 51%.

If we got Kaaya’s level of production in 2018 with our defense, we win 9/10 games. More passing touchdowns, less turnovers, longer more successful drives, more points, a rested defense, better field position, etc.

Not sure what Jarren will be, but I’ll take Kaaya-level production all day from our freshman QB especially if our defense is anywhere near as stout again.

Get outta here with your facts!!!

jmhcane, you can't reason with some of these guys especially when they are stuck on stupid. BK was a good QB and suffered behind the play calling of idiot coaches and average OL at best. These are things they choose to omit because it does not support their agenda.
Playcalling has been bad for a while but you can’t do much with crappy offense of line play. The problem with the CMR was he called plays is if he had Georgia’s line. We ruined Kaaya.
Finally Enos is smart enough to use the talent. I hope he figures out how to cover up our crappy OL.

Advertisement

Got drafted 7th round and not in league anymore, 0-3 FSU, never completed a 2nd half comeback his ENTIRe career

=

good QB

Got drafted 7th round and not in league anymore, 0-3 FSU, never completed a 2nd half comeback his ENTIRe career

=

good QB
Wow! So you don't think the play-calling, scheme, and OL had anything to do with his inabilities? OK Bruh. Ignorance is bliss.

Carry on

Advertisement

=

good QB
Since you mentioned BK's NFL draft and career stats, what round was Ken Dorsey drafted and did he star in the NFL?
Also, KD was surrounded by phenoms on both sides of the ball. Freaking HOF'ers
I can argue if you put BK on the teams KD had the results would be very similar. However, I'm sure you will disagree.

People forget the offense was humming during that five game steak. Imagine going into that 17 season with him returning?

go back to 2016, when Rickety opened it up a bit more, when to more shotgun spread, and less I-formation(starting with that Pitt game after the loss at South Bend) the offense got going again. I really thought we were going to see more of that 'Fast Break' that Rick was a part of at FSU. Also, Alex Gall coming in at center was huge upgrade from Nick Linder ,too, during that streak

Advertisement
Since you mentioned BK's NFL draft and career stats, what round was Ken Dorsey drafted and did he star in the NFL?
Also, KD was surrounded by phenoms on both sides of the ball. Freaking HOF'ers
I can argue if you put BK on the teams KD had the results would be very similar. However, I'm sure you will disagree.

KD started multiple games in the nfl

Brock Berlin started in the nfl

Advertisement
Back