Good Golden Article

Ok, so we're reduced to name calling with anyone offering a different view. I'll give Butch his due - great eye for talent and player development. But was never more than an average game-day coach. And know it's counter to those clinging to a nostalgic return, but very unlikely to happen.

Ucla, Ohio state, fsu, sugar bowl, etc.

For every game people like to use saying he is average, there are two more otherwise that you could use.

look at the coaching staffs he assembled here too

And I'm sorry, but winning the ship as UM DC and as Cowboys DC means you're pretty good w coaching at least one side of the ball.

Advertisement
Folden is so terrible he got some of you thinking Butch is less than average. Gawd look at what this program has became...

Butch Davis record as head coach 87 wins 78 losses. No National Championships,no playoffs in the NFL,no super bowls and head coach of one of the biggest cheating classroom scandals in college history. Figures a loser like you would want this bum. He is in his 60's,his coaching career is over.

Tell us more.

Folden is so terrible he got some of you thinking Butch is less than average. Gawd look at what this program has became...

since Butch left, and we ran out of Butch Davis recruits.

Butch Davis was single-handedly responsible for The U Part Two, yet you have morons on here trashing him. Lmfao. They really just need to go and kill themselves. Chances are though, they're too stupid to do it right and will just end up dumber then before.

Advertisement
Makes me laugh that these idiots would defend Golden for his "sanctions", but none of them point out what Butch was dealing with when trying to say he was such an average gameday coach. Am I saying Butch is #1 gameday? No, but the man is better than many here give him credit for.

since Butch left, and we ran out of Butch Davis recruits.

Butch Davis was single-handedly responsible for The U Part Two, yet you have morons on here trashing him. Lmfao. They really just need to go and kill themselves. Chances are though, they're too stupid to do it right and will just end up dumber then before.

If it weren't for Butch, 60% of this fan base, doesn't even exist, **** the NFL would be totally different too.

you can tell these reporters get paid ****. everyone is writing the same stupid articles over and over. nothing original. We are stuck with Golden for another year

Ok, so we're reduced to name calling with anyone offering a different view. I'll give Butch his due - great eye for talent and player development. But was never more than an average game-day coach. And know it's counter to those clinging to a nostalgic return, but very unlikely to happen.

For every game people like to use saying he is average, there are two more otherwise that you could use.

And I'm sorry, but winning the ship as UM DC and as Cowboys DC means you're pretty good w coaching at least one side of the ball.

As much as some of y'all claim to love Butch, you would think you would know his history.

He was NEVER DC at Miami. He coached DL ... The same job he had when he left UM to coach the Cowboys with JJ.

Advertisement
Butch Davis record as head coach 87 wins 78 losses. No National Championships,no playoffs in the NFL,no super bowls and head coach of one of the biggest cheating classroom scandals in college history. Figures a loser like you would want this bum. He is in his 60's,his coaching career is over.

mario cristobal would be the best candidate hands down if Golden can't get it done this year.

You maybe right! He now has the experience and insight on how the best does it.

If we're taking a coach from Bama, it better be Kiffin.

At least if he fails, the O will be fun to watch.

What side of the ball does Mario make better?

And if we're griping about taking the DL coach from FIU to be our DL coach, why do we want the guy FIU actually fired as their HC to be our HC?

Can you give me a some examples from games of butch being just an avg gameday coach? I talking x and o examples not some dumb *** timeout u saw some other clown on the net claiming he burned.

As much as some of y'all claim to love Butch, you would think you would know his history.

He was NEVER DC at Miami. He coached DL ... The same job he had when he left UM to coach the Cowboys with JJ.

Butch was DL coach here at U. Won a ring with the 87' squad. Then he went to Dallas with Jimmy and won back-to-back SB rings as DC of Dallas.

Don't let your histrionics get in the way of the facts ma'am.

Advertisement

Butch was DL coach here at U. Won a ring with the 87' squad. Then he went to Dallas with Jimmy and won back-to-back SB rings as DC of Dallas.

Reading is fundamental, CD.

You're better than this ...

I never mentioned he wasn't DC with Dallas. I mentioned he was never DC at Miami.

I'm well aware of the fact Butch was promoted to DC after Dave Wannstedt left the job.

Save the cute quips for someone else. :durantunimpressed:

This thread sucked from the start, but the super honest pool guy took it too the next level of garbage.

Reading is fundamental, CD.

You're better than this ...

I never mentioned he wasn't DC with Dallas. I mentioned he was never DC at Miami.

I'm well aware of the fact Butch was promoted to DC after Dave Wannstedt left the job.

Save the cute quips for someone else. :durantunimpressed:

Negged for verbosity and plain old fashioned douchebaggery.

Advertisement
"Whenever Butch Davis comes up in conversation, fans point to his record as evidence of a great coach. However, that same great coach was despised by the same fanbase for that same record. Davis averaged nine wins per season in a conference in which there were 3-5 guaranteed wins per year. The Big East of the late 90s was one of the worst conferences in the country, with an impressive top end. Syracuse, Virginia Tech and Miami were the class of the league, with schools like Temple, Rutgers and Pitt being uncompetitive. Miami usually crushed the bottom feeders, then struggled to beat teams with a pulse. Davis' record against Florida State, Syracuse and Virginia Tech was a combined 6-12, with three of those wins coming in the 2000 season. Davis' struggles weren't limited to the big teams, the 'Canes were inconsistent across the board. A perfect example would be the 31-6 beating East Carolina laid on the 'Canes at the Orange Bowl. Butch Davis only had one "awful" season, going 5-6 in 1997. That season was the result of years of heavy sanctions, so that can't be blamed on Davis. However, Miami fans have to look at Davis' overall record and realize that his record is a pleasant mirage. His teams beat the teams they were supposed to, and usually lost when faced with teams with equal or superior talent. In most cases, those games were ugly routs. Some of that can be attributed to the 'Canes not having depth, thanks to the NCAA mandated scholarship restrictions, but that isn't the only cause. Butch Davis' teams were usually horribly coached and disorganized, there's a reason why Davis was referred to as "Botch" by the same group that is now pushing for his return. "

"Whenever Butch Davis comes up in conversation, fans point to his record as evidence of a great coach. However, that same great coach was despised by the same fanbase for that same record. Davis averaged nine wins per season in a conference in which there were 3-5 guaranteed wins per year. The Big East of the late 90s was one of the worst conferences in the country, with an impressive top end. Syracuse, Virginia Tech and Miami were the class of the league, with schools like Temple, Rutgers and Pitt being uncompetitive. Miami usually crushed the bottom feeders, then struggled to beat teams with a pulse. Davis' record against Florida State, Syracuse and Virginia Tech was a combined 6-12, with three of those wins coming in the 2000 season. Davis' struggles weren't limited to the big teams, the 'Canes were inconsistent across the board. A perfect example would be the 31-6 beating East Carolina laid on the 'Canes at the Orange Bowl. Butch Davis only had one "awful" season, going 5-6 in 1997. That season was the result of years of heavy sanctions, so that can't be blamed on Davis. However, Miami fans have to look at Davis' overall record and realize that his record is a pleasant mirage. His teams beat the teams they were supposed to, and usually lost when faced with teams with equal or superior talent. In most cases, those games were ugly routs. Some of that can be attributed to the 'Canes not having depth, thanks to the NCAA mandated scholarship restrictions, but that isn't the only cause. Butch Davis' teams were usually horribly coached and disorganized, there's a reason why Davis was referred to as "Botch" by the same group that is now pushing for his return. "

quotation marks within quotation marks

LOL

What an incredibly ignorant and idiotic porst.

Advertisement
Back