Good Golden Article

Ok, so we're reduced to name calling with anyone offering a different view. I'll give Butch his due - great eye for talent and player development. But was never more than an average game-day coach. And know it's counter to those clinging to a nostalgic return, but very unlikely to happen.

Advertisement
While I recognize that Butch had a hand in developing one if not THE greatest group of talent ever assembled in CFB, I am not sure if he is the man for the job. I will stay out of predicting who needs to come in next.

What I have been very vocal about is that AG and his band of idiots are absolutely in over their heads. I also believe that this admin does not prioritize winning on the FB field. FB is what put UM on the map. I just want AG and his lame ars 1981 motivational informercials out of SFla. We need a proven winner. AG will NEVER EVER EVER win here or ANYWHERE else. FUG this staph and anyone who either directly or indirectly supports them in ANY kind of way.

Butch Davis record as head coach 87 wins 78 losses. No National Championships,no playoffs in the NFL,no super bowls and head coach of one of the biggest cheating classroom scandals in college history. Figures a loser like you would want this bum. He is in his 60's,his coaching career is over.

You have zero grasp of facts, but we've all been realizing that for a while. Just can't figure out which coach you are or are related to.

Your boss is gone this fall. He's crap, he's a failure, and he's gone. And whoever your relative is - I hope he falls flat on his *** like this entire coaching staff has fallen flat on its *** for UM.

Butch Davis would beat Golden's teams 499/500. And that one is if the game is played in the Congo and UM took a wrong turn and missed the game entirely. I'd love to see the whining, beitching, moaning and groaning Golden would be doing if he had to lose 31 scholarships like Butch did - for real.

And didn't UNC win like two or three games the year before Butch got there?

He's a program builder. He has his own National Championship rings. Oh, and Super Bowl Championship rings - as DEFENSIVE Coordinator.

Dumbass.

" From National Champs to National Chumps, thanks Butch"- but he's the chosen one to lead the program back from the dark ages?

Makes perfect sense.

" From National Champs to National Chumps, thanks Butch"- but he's the chosen one to lead the program back from the dark ages?

Makes perfect sense.

Which means that there is still hope for Golden if he is just able to make some minor changes on defense. He is pretty decent organizationally and recruiting. All he needs to do is change the read and react to a more aggressive scheme. I don't even think the 3-4 is that big a deal. An r and r 4-3 would not be any better.

Advertisement
While Butch wasn't the best game day coach on the planet, there's no denying his eye for talent. Recruiting would go crazy if we brought him back, even if he is 60+ years old. Recruits, really good ones, are only concerned with the next 3-4 years. Butch Davis isn't 90 years old, and there's no real concern he'd die or leave. IF he came back, he'd want to retire here. And win in the process.

Also, IF he took over the Miami job in the next 12 months, he'd inherit the best situation he's ever inherited as a HC. The UM job was a disaster in 1995. The Cleveland job was even worse. The NC job wasn't much better. Miami would at least have a star QB, and talent all over the place to work with. Plus what he'd bring in. Again, top recruits all know of the kids he put in the NFL and would be crawling over each other for offers.

We all want a coach that can build a winner at Miami. We know Butch Davis can do it, because he did it under far worse circumstances last time. I'd be happy if he came back.

I can envision a situation where he'd bring in Schiano and Chud. DC and OC -- at the very worst, he'd bring in Dorsey, who is turning out to be a solid QB Coach in Carolina.

It's only partly Butch -- it's actually WHO he would bring in on his staff. Schiano is very quietly unemployed, too. I'd take him a billion times as a DC. He too needs that "redemption position" - the one where a coach needs a job to put his name in the hat to get back in the game. Just like Kiffin.

First I don't dislike Butch and admire what he built even if he left in a very suspect way. That said, all this "he only wants the Miami job" crap is laughable, his name never, and I mean never, comes up when there are vacancies at other schools and sorry if I don't take his word for it when he say's he's been offered jobs. He must be the only candidate in the business who can keep a lid on rumors.
You want a new coach, that's your prerogative, but find someone better that Davis.

Advertisement
Lots of inaccuracies in that article and Dorsett, while fast, isn't the fastest Cane ever no matter what dumbass Swasey hand timed him at.

I'm one of the few guys that doesn't hate Swasey. However, I agree that Dorsett is nowhere close to the fastest Cane ever. Maybe top 5-6.
So who its the fastest. During my time of watching the Canes, I would say Roscoe. My dad says Daryl Jones. As far as game speed, nobody moved like Hester. Buchanan was a burner too

The notion that we hire Butch and he brings in Chud and Schiano is sadly laughable. Are folks that clueless? Appreciate the talent Butch brought in before blowing out of town - and also thank Coker for finishing the job. But if there's a move to be made, wouldn't be in favor of revisiting the past. Best analogy would be like hooking up with the old wife 20 years later after she dumped you, she got dumped after another brief fling and then ended up on the curb after a salacious ethical scandal. And this after we remain under the watchful eye of NCAA gumshoes. In short, the Butch talk harkened back to a more promising time, but let's move on from the past.

Lots of inaccuracies in that article and Dorsett, while fast, isn't the fastest Cane ever no matter what dumbass Swasey hand timed him at.

I'm one of the few guys that doesn't hate Swasey. However, I agree that Dorsett is nowhere close to the fastest Cane ever. Maybe top 5-6.
So who its the fastest. During my time of watching the Canes, I would say Roscoe. My dad says Daryl Jones. As far as game speed, nobody moved like Hester. Buchanan was a burner too

Benjamin and Shields were real fast. Not sure if they were faster than Dorsett though. Shields may have been.

The notion that we hire Butch and he brings in Chud and Schiano is sadly laughable. Are folks that clueless? Appreciate the talent Butch brought in before blowing out of town - and also thank Coker for finishing the job. But if there's a move to be made, wouldn't be in favor of revisiting the past. Best analogy would be like hooking up with the old wife 20 years later after she dumped you, she got dumped after another brief fling and then ended up on the curb after a salacious ethical scandal. And this after we remain under the watchful eye of NCAA gumshoes. In short, the Butch talk harkened back to a more promising time, but let's move on from the past.

L'ville is laughing at your ignorance.

Advertisement
First I don't dislike Butch and admire what he built even if he left in a very suspect way. That said, all this "he only wants the Miami job" crap is laughable, his name never, and I mean never, comes up when there are vacancies at other schools and sorry if I don't take his word for it when he say's he's been offered jobs. He must be the only candidate in the business who can keep a lid on rumors.
You want a new coach, that's your prerogative, but find someone better that Davis.

Until Schnellenberger was hired, his name wasn't brought up in college coaching circles either. In fact, Schnelly wasn't interested.

Until Jimmy Johnson was hired, no one at Miami knew who he was, and he certainly wasn't spoken of with vacancies around the nation.

Dennis Erickson? Who in the 305 ever heard of Erickson before he was hired?

Butch has had contracts. Buyouts. If you're getting a fat check from someone you believe fcuked you over, just to **** them off sometimes, you take a break and cash the checks. You can bet your bottom dollar Butch has been offered other jobs, and if you doubt that - you got siht for brains.

Butch knows what he did here before, he can do again. But this time, he's coming with a mission.

Until Schnellenberger was hired, his name wasn't brought up in college coaching circles either. In fact, Schnelly wasn't interested.

Until Jimmy Johnson was hired, no one at Miami knew who he was, and he certainly wasn't spoken of with vacancies around the nation.

Butch has had contracts. Buyouts. If you're getting a fat check from someone you believe fcuked you over, just to **** them off sometimes, you take a break and cash the checks. You can bet your bottom dollar Butch has been offered other jobs, and if you doubt that - you got siht for brains.

Butch knows what he did here before, he can do again. But this time, he's coming with a mission.

You're responding to a legit imbecile.

Do you really believe your fantasy bull****?
Your coaching comparison is ridiculous, Davis has a track record and still no one will touch him. You honestly believe that Davis has been offered jobs, but miraculously, he's been the only coach in the country to keep it quiet...seriously, GTFOH.
Now he's taking UNC's money to **** them off waiting in the wings for the Miami job?!?!
And I wonder why you believe in bigfoot.

Advertisement
You're responding to a legit imbecile.[/QUOTE]

Let me know when your IQ hits room temperature.

NEGGED for claiming that drivel was "good" in any manner.

The only "good" is Golden has been fired, or choked to death on a fuggin hot dog.

You freaking dope.

Butch Davis record as head coach 87 wins 78 losses. No National Championships,no playoffs in the NFL,no super bowls and head coach of one of the biggest cheating classroom scandals in college history. Figures a loser like you would want this bum. He is in his 60's,his coaching career is over.

mario cristobal would be the best candidate hands down if Golden can't get it done this year.

mario cristobal would be the best candidate hands down if Golden can't get it done this year.

You maybe right! He now has the experience and insight on how the best does it.

Advertisement
Back