Golden's recruiting

TeamSports

Band
Banned
Does it seem suspect to you? Do you think there are better players out there we should be going after?

Advertisement
They may be better players out there but they may not be interested in Miami, not every player with an offer from the U will want to go to the U

Golden seems to be confident in his evals and his staffs
ability to coach guys up. Let's hope he's right.

Regardless, there is no reason to be second guessing his
decisions at this point.

Advertisement
Considering the situation ( NCAA sanctions around corner and the fact that we have not been relvant in half a decade) I think the man is doing really well...

Does it seem suspect to you? Do you think there are better players out there we should be going after?

Boy, you are as transparent as glass with your Shannon slurping agenda. :ibisroflmao:

Golden is doing just fine so far cleaning up after Shannon, especially with the crap concerning Shapiro hanging over our heads.

Advertisement
why is that pro-Shannon agenda? im seriously asking that question b/c i dont get it

is this poster just known as pro Shannon?

Seems to me at this point we simply need to wait and see w Golden's recruits.. not much else we can do

why is that pro-Shannon agenda? im seriously asking that question b/c i dont get it

is this poster just known as pro Shannon?

Seems to me at this point we simply need to wait and see w Golden's recruits.. not much else we can do

Leftovers from the Grassy site. Lot of pro-Shannon agenda pushers over there that are still butthurt that their man got shytecanned for his tenure of failure there. They arent real Cane fans. Just Shannon fans with a certain agenda to push. You can tell who they are because they will defend Shannon to the death, scapegoat Golden for stuff he has no control over and stuff he needs at least a year to fix, disappear when Golden wins, and only show up when Golden loses to bash him. They want Golden to fail. They wont give him one measly year to fix the Shannon mess while they gave their standard-bearer four years.

Leftovers from the Grassy site. Lot of pro-Shannon agenda pushers over there that are still butthurt that their man got shytecanned for his tenure of failure there. They arent real Cane fans. Just Shannon fans with a certain agenda to push. You can tell who they are because they will defend Shannon to the death, scapegoat Golden for stuff he has no control over and stuff he needs at least a year to fix, disappear when Golden wins, and only show up when Golden loses to bash him. They want Golden to fail. They wont give him one measly year to fix the Shannon mess while they gave their standard-bearer four years.

+10001

BS. You can't find a Shannon poster anywhere on any cane site. What you have is people who realize Shannon failed but not for retarded made up reasons like he played favorites.

Advertisement
BS. You can't find a Shannon poster anywhere on any cane site. What you have is people who realize Shannon failed but not for retarded made up reasons like he played favorites.

Most Shannon slurpers have an agenda to push. You can figure it out. My guess is that 80+ percent of Shannon slurpers belong to a specific group.

MiamiNights
PennMed
Romeo
canelovernolehater
trueskool
playthefreshmen
eddiecane
etc.

Golden has specifically laid out his recruiting process. If you've listened to his direct quotes, he doesn't want an All-Star prima donna 5-star recruiting class. He wants a mix of top kids along with a bunch of "B-recruits" that are hungry for it. He feels that's the mix that wins championships.

That said, don't try to figure out who's a B-kid based on the stars. These guys don't go by what internet mailmen rank a kid.

Most Shannon slurpers have an agenda to push. You can figure it out. My guess is that 80+ percent of Shannon slurpers belong to a specific group.

MiamiNights
PennMed
Romeo
canelovernolehater
trueskool
playthefreshmen
eddiecane
etc.

Disagree on PennMed - that guy literally just plays devil's advocate with EVERY topic just to start a debate. He's actually pretty good at it too. But I don't think he's specifically a Shannon slurper...

Advertisement
Based on how many players Temple put in the NFL, in the last few years, he definitely gets a lot of leeway from me.

Golden has specifically laid out his recruiting process. If you've listened to his direct quotes, he doesn't want an All-Star prima donna 5-star recruiting class. He wants a mix of top kids along with a bunch of "B-recruits" that are hungry for it. He feels that's the mix that wins championships.

That said, don't try to figure out who's a B-kid based on the stars. These guys don't go by what internet mailmen rank a kid.

+1

Also, with the class mostly filled they can bulls eye 5-8 guys that they really want and put a full court press on them. When Dec 1 hits it will be interesting to see the effort.

Before the scandal, I was getting right impatient with some of Golden's sleepers and projects. But now, it almost looks like he was knew beforehand that we were going to get hit. His hard work getting sleepers and undertheradar kids may pay off bigtime since a 2-3 star kid with average offers might be more willing to stick it out under sanctions than a 5 star stud who's probably got too many other better options. I'm thinking of guys like Vernon Davis, Hoilette, Dmauri Jones, etc. We've already had 1 elite DE kid decommit (Trent Taylor) and another on the fence (Keith Brown).

We will all just have to pray that he is the second coming of Butch when it comes to talent evaluation.

Advertisement
Back