Golden's recruiting

The point alone that hes naming these guys in shannons defense proves what we've all been saying all along

Advertisement
The point alone that hes naming these guys in shannons defense proves what we've all been saying all along

Yep. Why do these geniuses spend so much time defending the worst Cane coach in 30 years? If they were TRUE Cane fans, they would curse his name. Instead, they are out on these forums defending that failure 24-7.

Makes you wonder what their motives are. :D Although those of us that can read between the lines know EXACTLY what their motives are.

If you ever listen to Golden discuss his evaluation philosophy, he always quotes Parcells or guys from the Parcells tree. That's where his famous "Bs and B+s" quote is from.

His style is not different than Jeff Ireland (as much as Dolphins fans don't want to hear that.) There are two things he doesn't budge on: measurables and character. Look at his commits. Almost all of them are from stable, two-parent environments. They come highly regarded from a work ethic standpoint. And they have size/speed for the position. The linebackers especially fit this description to a tee.

From today after practice:

"I'm looking for kids that match what we're doing. We're recruiting to those values, those height, weight and speed standards for our system. "

"Sean Spence has been really a pillar for us and somebody that we're going to miss. Got to get more guys like that - from that kind of family, (with that) makeup."

He fits the family makeup part, but I don't think SPence is a great example of Golden's height/weight standards. Plus,if he's really serious about the two parent household thing, let me say that that SERIOUSLY concerns me.

If you ever listen to Golden discuss his evaluation philosophy, he always quotes Parcells or guys from the Parcells tree. That's where his famous "Bs and B+s" quote is from.

His style is not different than Jeff Ireland (as much as Dolphins fans don't want to hear that.) There are two things he doesn't budge on: measurables and character. Look at his commits. Almost all of them are from stable, two-parent environments. They come highly regarded from a work ethic standpoint. And they have size/speed for the position. The linebackers especially fit this description to a tee.

"I'm looking for kids that match what we're doing. We're recruiting to those values, those height, weight and speed standards for our system. "

"Sean Spence has been really a pillar for us and somebody that we're going to miss. Got to get more guys like that - from that kind of family, (with that) makeup."

He fits the family makeup part, but I don't think SPence is a great example of Golden's height/weight standards. Plus,if he's really serious about the two parent household thing, let me say that that SERIOUSLY concerns me.
+1.8 trillion

Advertisement
# 1 class

And his last two classes and the lack of depth at QB/DB/DT????

Qb's brought in under Shannon
Marve
Cook
Harris
Smith
Morris
Whipple

I can do the rest of the groups you mentioned but it would be just a waste of my time.

Shannon created such a bad enviroment, 3 of those kids left and created a depth issue at QB. And giving shannon credit for whipple shows you will reach at anything.

LMAO Yea Shannon created such a bad evironment that Tayloy Cookk Transfered to Rice becoming a 4th string QB before being moved to TE. Marve and Smith all back ups. Is this post ****** serious? Miami had 3 QB's leave who weren't as good as they thought they were.

Garret Gilbert transfered from texas. Did Mack Brown create a bad evironment? USc had 2 qb's transfer. Was Pete carrol creating a bad environmnet? Dumb

Keep crying about DL depth as Golden moves a DE (dye) to TE where Miami has 4000 players. Then he moves DT Jeremy Lewis to one of Miami's deepest positions (OL). Like somebody said earlier....either Golden knows what he's doing or he's an idiot. Pick one.

That's just coach speak in regards to the hieght weight thing....family BS. Exceptions are made.. Spence is exacly what you want in a football player and that is what Golden is saying. This is an excellent observation by Golden as he recognizes the types of players you need mentally. Let's just hope he can put it all together as there are alot of different aspects that go into creating a winner. Putting it all together and evolving are key. What worked the year before may not work with the next group of kids 2-3 years down the road.

Golden talks a good game but the actual application is
the name of the game.

Advertisement
LMAO Yea Shannon created such a bad evironment that Tayloy Cookk Transfered to Rice becoming a 4th string QB before being moved to TE. Marve and Smith all back ups. Is this post ****** serious? Miami had 3 QB's leave who weren't as good as they thought they were.Garret Gilbert transfered from texas. Did Mack Brown create a bad evironment? USc had 2 qb's transfer. Was Pete carrol creating a bad environmnet? Dumb

Keep crying about DL depth as Golden moves a DE (dye) to TE where Miami has 4000 players. Then he moves DT Jeremy Lewis to one of Miami's deepest positions (OL). Like somebody said earlier....either Golden knows what he's doing or he's an idiot. Pick one.[/QUOTE]

You are truly lost. Using your own example proving I'm right at how bad the QB sistuation was. Shannon recruited those 3 kids, which again shouldn't have been on the team. Comparing anything Pete Carroll did as a HC at SC to shannon, hold on while I get off the ground laughing my *** off.

I'll give you one thing, you are a funny troll.

While you are at it chose a handle and stick with it. Is it Miaminites, or Team Sports?

What's the difference bewteen that qb situation and the one Miami had in 2002

Ken Dorsey
Derrick Crudup (lmao)
? Ethnic Sands? a WR

Butch Davis must be dumb as ****.

See how dumb your "concern" is?

Look at OSU*s's QB situation this year. I guess you think Tressel is an idiot.

Re: miami nites comments....Isn't the fact that Shannon recruited a qb who can only rise to 4th string at Rice an indictment on his recruiting abilities? Same sub-par talent for Cannon Smith

LMAO Yea Shannon created such a bad evironment that Tayloy Cookk Transfered to Rice becoming a 4th string QB before being moved to TE. Marve and Smith all back ups. Is this post ****** serious? Miami had 3 QB's leave who weren't as good as they thought they were.Garret Gilbert transfered from texas. Did Mack Brown create a bad evironment? USc had 2 qb's transfer. Was Pete carrol creating a bad environmnet? Dumb

Keep crying about DL depth as Golden moves a DE (dye) to TE where Miami has 4000 players. Then he moves DT Jeremy Lewis to one of Miami's deepest positions (OL). Like somebody said earlier....either Golden knows what he's doing or he's an idiot. Pick one.

You are truly lost. Using your own example proving I'm right at how bad the QB sistuation was. Shannon recruited those 3 kids, which again shouldn't have been on the team. Comparing anything Pete Carroll did as a HC at SC to shannon, hold on while I get off the ground laughing my *** off.

I'll give you one thing, you are a funny troll.

While you are at it chose a handle and stick with it. Is it Miaminites, or Team Sports?[/QUOTE]

MiamiNites is idiotic enough to DEFEND Shannon's garbage DL that he left Golden with?????? :ibisroflmao:

Advertisement
:nelsonhaha: Das some funny shi*. "Flag football". LMAO.

This dude's real funny. He keeps saying that he admits that Shannon failed, but then he defends SHannon every single time someone brings up a criticism of him. Bruh's gotta bruh for his "homey" i guess.

He fits the family makeup part, but I don't think SPence is a great example of Golden's height/weight standards. Plus,if he's really serious about the two parent household thing, let me say that that SERIOUSLY concerns me.[/QUOTE]

Well We do have a commit THIS year that is similar to Spence in James Burgess Jr. I think Golden is lax at the WILL spot..if your around 6'0 200-205 he'll give a concession. No doubt spence would be bigger had he had Golden here all 4 years.

but the two parent thing will be difficult in so.fla.

I like recruiting BIGGER GUYS.....guys that are coming in not needing to add much weight but just strength..since i legitamately dont believe Swasey is really good at developing strength or weight.....he's a speed/conditioning guy imo.

Golden seems to be confident in his evals and his staffs
ability to coach guys up. Let's hope he's right.

Regardless, there is no reason to be second guessing his
decisions at this point.

Can we second guess him now? Or is it actually lack of player development?

Advertisement

:jordan:

Advertisement
Back