Golden's recruiting

Advertisement
Disagree on PennMed - that guy literally just plays devil's advocate with EVERY topic just to start a debate. He's actually pretty good at it too. But I don't think he's specifically a Shannon slurper...

This Shannon Slurper talk is childish. Most, if not all, of the names on that list are glad Shannon was fired. They may disagree with some of the reaosns as to why he was fired. I don't see anything wrong with that.

This Shannon Slurper talk is childish. Most, if not all, of the names on that list are glad Shannon was fired. They may disagree with some of the reaosns as to why he was fired. I don't see anything wrong with that.

No way. Shannon was our worst head in 30 years, an abject failure in every respect. But try getting any of those posters to publicly admit it and you will get nothing but silence. This is because they are all agenda pushers. They will never admit the plain truth of the matter. Oh yea, BTW, add iwasbornacane to the mix. Forgot about that character - he actually admitted he has an ulterior motive in supporting Shannon. Hey, but at least he has the balls to admit the truth, unlike others on that list.:eek:

If you ever listen to Golden discuss his evaluation philosophy, he always quotes Parcells or guys from the Parcells tree. That's where his famous "Bs and B+s" quote is from.

His style is not different than Jeff Ireland (as much as Dolphins fans don't want to hear that.) There are two things he doesn't budge on: measurables and character. Look at his commits. Almost all of them are from stable, two-parent environments. They come highly regarded from a work ethic standpoint. And they have size/speed for the position. The linebackers especially fit this description to a tee.

Advertisement
If you ever listen to Golden discuss his evaluation philosophy, he always quotes Parcells or guys from the Parcells tree. That's where his famous "Bs and B+s" quote is from.

His style is not different than Jeff Ireland (as much as Dolphins fans don't want to hear that.) There are two things he doesn't budge on: measurables and character. Look at his commits. Almost all of them are from stable, two-parent environments. They come highly regarded from a work ethic standpoint. And they have size/speed for the position. The linebackers especially fit this description to a tee.

So no single baby stopping momma recruits?

Leftovers from the Grassy site. Lot of pro-Shannon agenda pushers over there that are still butthurt that their man got shytecanned for his tenure of failure there. They arent real Cane fans. Just Shannon fans with a certain agenda to push. You can tell who they are because they will defend Shannon to the death, scapegoat Golden for stuff he has no control over and stuff he needs at least a year to fix, disappear when Golden wins, and only show up when Golden loses to bash him. They want Golden to fail. They wont give him one measly year to fix the Shannon mess while they gave their standard-bearer four years.

+1000000!!!!!

The shannon bashers reverted to racial overtones
My issue with golden is not against him bu those Tht have prematurely crown th guy in spite of randy

I dont think we can fully evluate coach Goldens recruiting. He has yet to have a full year to recruit without some external issue.

So far, I felt he did well to put together the 2011 class. His 2012 class looks solid so far. We'll see if he can hold it together.

Advertisement
I like that ag seems to have a plan and is executing against it. I like that he isn't afraid (at all) to go with his own evaluations. I am a bit uneasy about whether those evaluations will pan out, but only time will tell.

My view is there are a few wtf takes so far, and too many solid kids relative to not enough front line difference makers.

I'm prepared to believe he thinks he found the difference makers. I'm also prepared to believe he's doing what he can operating under threat of sanctions and a decade of bad on field performance.

Is there a comparable situation to what Golden walked into in terms of recruiting challenges? A program that was formerly at the top of the heap, but has not really been relevant in even top 25 discussions in nearly 10 years. Plus, unknown sanctions pending. Typically, when sanctions are coming, the program has cheated, which coincided w/ getting top players and having great success on the field. Conversely, we were dreadful despite whatever benefits Shapiro may have been doling out. So, Golden is in a very tough spot, perhaps unprecedented. Fortunately, SFLa is a hotbead of talent, but there are a lot of choices out there for the recruits so that does not resolve everything.

If he can hold this class together, Golden should be praised. He has done an amazing job considering all that he is up against.

Most Shannon slurpers have an agenda to push. You can figure it out. My guess is that 80+ percent of Shannon slurpers belong to a specific group.

MiamiNights
PennMed
Romeo
canelovernolehater
trueskool
playthefreshmen
eddiecane
etc.

Disagree on PennMed - that guy literally just plays devil's advocate with EVERY topic just to start a debate. He's actually pretty good at it too. But I don't think he's specifically a Shannon slurper...
It's true he was a devil's advocate generally, but he was still a randy slurper and a bull to the red cape on the topic of randy's incoherence and inability to communicate. Every time someone mocked Randy for sounding like a grade school dropout or saying totally inexplicable things (joe Joe Joe Joe Joe, I'd run up aginst a boat if I a had too), pmc was there to defend Randy and attack the poster. He couldn't permit the notion that linear Randy was an idiot to even be discussed.

Eddie cane was just the one honest man in the group -- he made no bones about why he Liked Randy. I can respect that much more than the clowns who pretended he was something other than what we knew just because they saw ghosts amongst his critics.

Advertisement

No way. Shannon was our worst head in 30 years, an abject failure in every respect. But try getting any of those posters to publicly admit it and you will get nothing but silence. This is because they are all agenda pushers. They will never admit the plain truth of the matter. Oh yea, BTW, add iwasbornacane to the mix. Forgot about that character - he actually admitted he has an ulterior motive in supporting Shannon. Hey, but at least he has the balls to admit the truth, unlike others on that list.:eek:

I've seen the above mentioned posters admit Shannon wasn't very good. The fact that you have openly lied about what has taken place brings your motives into question.

Most Shannon slurpers have an agenda to push. You can figure it out. My guess is that 80+ percent of Shannon slurpers belong to a specific group.

MiamiNights
PennMed
Romeo
canelovernolehater
trueskool
playthefreshmen
eddiecane
etc.

It's true he was a devil's advocate generally, but he was still a randy slurper and a bull to the red cape on the topic of randy's incoherence and inability to communicate. Every time someone mocked Randy for sounding like a grade school dropout or saying totally inexplicable things (joe Joe Joe Joe Joe, I'd run up aginst a boat if I a had too), pmc was there to defend Randy and attack the poster. He couldn't permit the notion that linear Randy was an idiot to even be discussed.

Eddie cane was just the one honest man in the group -- he made no bones about why he Liked Randy. I can respect that much more than the clowns who pretended he was something other than what we knew just because they saw ghosts amongst his critics.

I see. Having an opinion that differs from the rest of the board makes you a slurper? Childish.

MiamiNights
PennMed
Romeo
canelovernolehater
trueskool
playthefreshmen
eddiecane
etc.

I see. Having an opinion that differs from the rest of the board makes you a slurper? Childish.
You're not this dense. "having an opinion that differs from the rest of the board" doesn't make you a slurper. Wrapping your lips around another man's phallus makes you a slurper. (that's a metaphor, in case you don't understand these things.). Repeatedly denying the obvious, refusing to see the possibility others were making legit points, seeing only one side of things, and having that side be made up crack pipe wrong, that makes you a slurper.

Advertisement
BS. You can't find a Shannon poster anywhere on any cane site. What you have is people who realize Shannon failed but not for retarded made up reasons like he played favorites.

MiamiNights
PennMed
Romeo
canelovernolehater
trueskool
playthefreshmen
eddiecane
etc.

Lol why not be a man and just say I bet all randy Shannon supporters are black lol .................. "from the same group" thinly veiled my friend THINLY veiled

Golden has been successful recruiting everywhere he's coached, even at Temple. Even last year's class is looking fairly good, considering how pitiful it was when he was hired. These last two kids who committed are having good senior years. I don't see what the issue is. With some success, he'll have an easier time, but I think even then, if he doesn't like a 5-star kid's attitude in camp, he won't recruit him.

Advertisement
Back