Golden's recruiting

he said he's seen some highly touted guys at his camp that in minutes he knew he would not recruit.. that means he's not worried about what everyone else is saying.

Advertisement
he said he's seen some highly touted guys at his camp that in minutes he knew he would not recruit.. that means he's not worried about what everyone else is saying.
The first sign of not having a problem is not admitting you have a problem.

Most Shannon slurpers have an agenda to push. You can figure it out. My guess is that 80+ percent of Shannon slurpers belong to a specific group.

MiamiNights
PennMed
Romeo
canelovernolehater
trueskool
playthefreshmen
eddiecane
etc.

Disagree on PennMed - that guy literally just plays devil's advocate with EVERY topic just to start a debate. He's actually pretty good at it too. But I don't think he's specifically a Shannon slurper...
It's true he was a devil's advocate generally, but he was still a randy slurper and a bull to the red cape on the topic of randy's incoherence and inability to communicate. Every time someone mocked Randy for sounding like a grade school dropout or saying totally inexplicable things (joe Joe Joe Joe Joe, I'd run up aginst a boat if I a had too), pmc was there to defend Randy and attack the poster. He couldn't permit the notion that linear Randy was an idiot to even be discussed.

Eddie cane was just the one honest man in the group -- he made no bones about why he Liked Randy. I can respect that much more than the clowns who pretended he was something other than what we knew just because they saw ghosts amongst his critics.

I see. Having an opinion that differs from the rest of the board makes you a slurper? Childish.
You're not this dense. "having an opinion that differs from the rest of the board" doesn't make you a slurper. Wrapping your lips around another man's phallus makes you a slurper. (that's a metaphor, in case you don't understand these things.). Repeatedly denying the obvious, refusing to see the possibility others were making legit points, seeing only one side of things, and having that side be made up crack pipe wrong, that makes you a slurper.

Ok. If you agree he sucks but disagree on how he sucked you're a slurper? Sorry but I disagree. That's childish on your part.

Most Shannon slurpers have an agenda to push. You can figure it out. My guess is that 80+ percent of Shannon slurpers belong to a specific group.

MiamiNights
PennMed
Romeo
canelovernolehater
trueskool
playthefreshmen
eddiecane
etc.

Disagree on PennMed - that guy literally just plays devil's advocate with EVERY topic just to start a debate. He's actually pretty good at it too. But I don't think he's specifically a Shannon slurper...
It's true he was a devil's advocate generally, but he was still a randy slurper and a bull to the red cape on the topic of randy's incoherence and inability to communicate. Every time someone mocked Randy for sounding like a grade school dropout or saying totally inexplicable things (joe Joe Joe Joe Joe, I'd run up aginst a boat if I a had too), pmc was there to defend Randy and attack the poster. He couldn't permit the notion that linear Randy was an idiot to even be discussed.

Eddie cane was just the one honest man in the group -- he made no bones about why he Liked Randy. I can respect that much more than the clowns who pretended he was something other than what we knew just because they saw ghosts amongst his critics.

I see. Having an opinion that differs from the rest of the board makes you a slurper? Childish.
You're not this dense. "having an opinion that differs from the rest of the board" doesn't make you a slurper. Wrapping your lips around another man's phallus makes you a slurper. (that's a metaphor, in case you don't understand these things.). Repeatedly denying the obvious, refusing to see the possibility others were making legit points, seeing only one side of things, and having that side be made up crack pipe wrong, that makes you a slurper.

Ok. If you agree he sucks but disagree on how he sucked you're a slurper? Sorry but I disagree. That's childish on your part.
LOL @ 'childish.' You keep saying that. Is that your out card here? Pretty pathetic. I'm not being 'childish.' I'm pointing out that you were wrong, dense and stubborn, and lacked self-awareness or honesty in the discussion. If that makes me 'childish,' okay.

What was the topic again???

Oh yeah!

Golden is doing the best he can, and so far so good. Selling is one thing with recruits. Closing the deal is what counts, and we won't know until recruiting is over for 2012.

Why the ****ing contests over Shannon? Shannon's gone.

Coker's gone.

Let's move on.

Advertisement

Oh yeah!

Golden is doing the best he can, and so far so good. Selling is one thing with recruits. Closing the deal is what counts, and we won't know until recruiting is over for 2012.

Coker's gone.

Let's move on.

Hard to move on when Shannon slurpers have infested this forum like they did at Grassy. They're the ones constantly bashing Golden after every loss, gloating over them like a bunch of Gaytors. They're Randy fans, not Cane fans. Should be banned on sight.

Oh yeah!

Coker's gone.

Let's move on.

Hard to move on when Shannon slurpers have infested this forum like they did at Grassy. They're the ones constantly bashing Golden after every loss, gloating over them like a bunch of Gaytors. They're Randy fans, not Cane fans. Should be banned on sight.

Shannon sucked as a HC and deserved to be fired. Unlike, Ethnic Sands aka escdkny I know Shannon wasn't fired b/c he tucked his shirt in or didn't wear a tie.

JTKosh, you still think white RB's don't get treated fairly in col. or the NFL? (((YAWN)))

Address the post, not the poster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
What lack of depth?
Last time I checked there were 3 deep at every position
Injuries happened at every level that's not on him
Put down your pitch fork

Advertisement
LOL, wow are you lost. Pitch fork????

You know there was a reason shannon was fired and hasn't been hired again as a HC?

If you ever listen to Golden discuss his evaluation philosophy, he always quotes Parcells or guys from the Parcells tree. That's where his famous "Bs and B+s" quote is from.

His style is not different than Jeff Ireland (as much as Dolphins fans don't want to hear that.) There are two things he doesn't budge on: measurables and character. Look at his commits. Almost all of them are from stable, two-parent environments. They come highly regarded from a work ethic standpoint. And they have size/speed for the position. The linebackers especially fit this description to a tee.

From today after practice:

"I'm looking for kids that match what we're doing. We're recruiting to those values, those height, weight and speed standards for our system. "

"Sean Spence has been really a pillar for us and somebody that we're going to miss. Got to get more guys like that - from that kind of family, (with that) makeup."

Golden has a plan ...Let's see what he can do with the type of players he wants and then we can judge him for what he has done with his players...

Advertisement
If you ever listen to Golden discuss his evaluation philosophy, he always quotes Parcells or guys from the Parcells tree. That's where his famous "Bs and B+s" quote is from.

His style is not different than Jeff Ireland (as much as Dolphins fans don't want to hear that.) There are two things he doesn't budge on: measurables and character. Look at his commits. Almost all of them are from stable, two-parent environments. They come highly regarded from a work ethic standpoint. And they have size/speed for the position. The linebackers especially fit this description to a tee.

From today after practice:

"I'm looking for kids that match what we're doing. We're recruiting to those values, those height, weight and speed standards for our system. "

"Sean Spence has been really a pillar for us and somebody that we're going to miss. Got to get more guys like that - from that kind of family, (with that) makeup."

Forget Jeff Ireland, Bill Parcells... and family make up... I want Dez Bryant on my team... and his momma

# 1 class

And his last two classes and the lack of depth at QB/DB/DT????

Qb's brought in under Shannon
Marve
Cook
Harris
Smith
Morris
Whipple

I can do the rest of the groups you mentioned but it would be just a waste of my time.

Shannon created such a bad enviroment, 3 of those kids left and created a depth issue at QB. And giving shannon credit for whipple shows you will reach at anything.

Go ahead list those other positions and I will show how far off base you continue to be.

Other than the 08 class which fell in his lap, he left the roster riddled with kids that shouldn't even be in uniform.

The thing is you can keep defending shannon, the fact was he was fired.

Advertisement
Back