Golden's Buyout 10 Million

Whatever the buyout is we're gonna have to pay the whole amount, this clown isnt gonna get a job anywhere

serious truth here. who is going to hire a guy that flamed out without ever having done anything previously. and he definitely isn't getting a job coaching special teams.

Us. We'll probably give Randy Edsall another interview.

Advertisement
lol that cant be real life. how long are we gonna allow this football progrum to be ruined by a fat ******* hamster

for someone that hates shalala as much as you do, how did you not get the memo that she's retiring?

She hasn't retired yet...

right, but he asked how long she's going to run the "progrum" (which she doesn't, but whatever), and we've already known the answer for weeks.

Advertisement
Guess what, I hired a ****ty contractor to build my house, and the guy sucked, so now I have to hire a better one to fix the previous guys **** and pay him more, and you know why, cause I tried to be cheap with the first guy, its all on me, or I can live in a busted *** house and do nothing

Now we gotta bring in Mike Holmes--- "and make it right"

Guess what, I hired a ****** contractor to build my house, and the guy sucked, so now I have to hire a better one to fix the previous guys **** and pay him more, and you know why, cause I tried to be cheap with the first guy, its all on me, or I can live in a busted *** house and do nothing

I've learned that way too my man, don't feel alone. You get what you pay for.

Never send good money after bad. Its sunk costs now and if we think a buyout is expensive, maintaining this level of mediocrity will be way more expensive.

You can get Butch a lot cheaper that 5 mil. ****, you can probably get him almost free, with a huge bonus for winning NC. The question not asked is how much has it cost the THE U to lose its persona the last 10 years. How much will it cost to keep Al? Take the money out of Donna's retirement,

Advertisement
Never send good money after bad. Its sunk costs now and if we think a buyout is expensive, maintaining this level of mediocrity will be way more expensive.

Exactly. Some would say that UM can't afford to fire him; I say that UM can't afford to keep him.

If i see that orange tie on the sideline in 2015, I'm gonna punt some puppies and baby lambs to take out my frustrations.

Whatever his buyout is, I can all but guarantee the university will lose this amount, if not more, in lost season ticket renewals and lost donations by keeping this clown as HC.

In addition, if they actually bring in a decent head coach and staff and gives the fan base a little hope, the buyout would likely be completely offset by new season ticket purchases and donations.

So its your call Miami.

Advertisement
Are all of you guys idiots?

They key is not to look at total #'s, but yearly. It's not like UM will need to come up with $35mm at the end of the year!

If all the numbers are true, the buyout is probably over 4-5 years - so $2mm/y

Coaches salary = $4mm/y

Staff = $1mm/y

Total is $7mm, and we currently pay around $4-5mm at least. The difference isn't $35mm, it's $2mm a year

They key is not to look at total #'s, but yearly. It's not like UM will need to come up with $35mm at the end of the year!

Coaches salary = $4mm/y

Staff = $1mm/y

Total is $7mm, and we currently pay around $4-5mm at least. The difference isn't $35mm, it's $2mm a year

A lot of this is wrong:

1. He doesn't make 4 Million per year (base).

2. The assistants usually are on one year contracts.

3. Where did $35 Million come from?

Coaches salary = $4mm/y

Staff = $1mm/y

A lot of this is wrong:

1. He doesn't make 4 Million per year (base).

2. The assistants usually are on one year contracts.

3. Where did $35 Million come from?

I got the $35mm from the first post.

My point stands, call it $10mm a year for all I care. We have to paying at least $4mm for the staff currently. The difference YoY is not $35mm, but anywhere from $2mm to $6mm.

Advertisement
Well, the big schools have been paying $3-$5 million per year since we hired Randy... So we've saved at least $8-$24 million over the last 8 years on our last two bafoons, plenty for buyout :)

Like others have said the guy is stupid, no way buyout is that much. And I am sure Coach D is not part of his contract so they could easily force Golden to make a change there by not retaining Coach D. I think that is more likely than Golden going. But we'll probably be left with the same crappy D next year regardless since it's Golden's scheme anyway.

RT @sportsJC16: They need to pay full market rate for a HC AND staff. No shortcuts. The only way you get a top guy. Now you see why it's a tough call.

This right here is our biggest problem! Miami tends to hire young and up-and-comers. Guys that have potential (ala Jimmy). Those guys don't grow on trees... If pay is not an option, then why do we keep investing in duds?

Good Mark Stoops is up and comer.

Coaches salary = $4mm/y

Staff = $1mm/y

Spot on, you only look at incremental yearly cost. Realistically, we have been saving $3m/yr over what normal (read: competitive) college programs pay their coaching staff ($2m additional for the head coach and $1m for assistants). If we want to be competitive we should be at a much higher all-in number than we have been. It's just business these days unless you find a low paid assistant who turns out to be a great coach (which we are terrible at doing). Your sunk cost would probably only be $1m/yr with Golden assuming a full buyout and he is able to get a mid-level HC job paying about $1m/yr. I actually don't understand why that is such a big deal for our program given what we were able to pay Coker. Increased revenue from wins should easily cover a few million/year.

Wait, didn't the ACC just sign a huge deal with ESPN this offseason? If the school functioned before the deal they should have extra money now.

As others have mentioned no buyout is full value nor do u pay in one sum. If by some act of god Miami did do this they could recoup a lot of funds by firing whatever lawyer they had negotiate the deal.

Also, doesn't UM have a business school? There has to be an economics or finance professor , **** student, that could explain sunken costs and lost revenue.

Although with TV money I don't thinks fans matter all that much

Advertisement
Back