Golden's Buyout 10 Million

datcaneguy

Senior
RT @sportsJC16: Number for today is $35 million. The approximate cost for UM to fire Al Golden and hire a new HC and staff. Next few tweets will outline it.

RT @sportsJC16: $10 million. Cost of firing Golden with 5 years remaining on his contract. That number can be offset by $ he gets in his next gig. (Cont)

RT @sportsJC16: But $10 million is a working number. $20 million to hire the next coach ($4 million per/5 years). That gets you an upper echelon HC. (Cont).

RT @sportsJC16: Remaining $5 million goes to hiring a staff. Give or take a million. To conclude, firing Golden ends up costing UM $35 million. (Cont)

RT @sportsJC16: That's a huge whack for a private school. You can do it cheaper but that doesn't really get you anywhere. Therein lies the problem.

RT @sportsJC16: A coaches buyout is if he takes another job. UM may have language in Golden's deal post-extension that insulates them. I'm not sure on that.

Advertisement
RT @sportsJC16: My overall point is, even if there is buyout protection for UM in Golden's deal, you are looking at $20+million to make all the moves.

RT @sportsJC16: My friend @ByTimReynolds tells me UM has buyout protection in Golden's deal and I trust Tim. Still would be an enormous investment for UM.

RT @sportsJC16: I'm not saying I wouldn't do it. Just pointing out the size of the financial undertaking if they do. Making it an above the AD decision.

RT @sportsJC16: Final UM pt. IF they fired Golden, they would also have to do something they've never done going back to when Howard was the coach.

RT @sportsJC16: They need to pay full market rate for a HC AND staff. No shortcuts. The only way you get a top guy. Now you see why it's a tough call.

Thats why hes not worried about firing his D-coordinator. He will get his money regardless and he knows UM cant do it for at least 2 more seasons.

Advertisement
lol that cant be real life. how long are we gonna allow this football progrum to be ruined by a fat ******* hamster

Thats why hes not worried about firing his D-coordinator. He will get his money regardless and he knows UM cant do it for at least 2 more seasons.

they can't afford to fire golden at the end of this year in my opinion. I hope they have some leverage over him to be able to force staff changes or we are going to have to ride with these clowns for another year or two.

Guess what, I hired a ****** contractor to build my house, and the guy sucked, so now I have to hire a better one to fix the previous guys **** and pay him more, and you know why, cause I tried to be cheap with the first guy, its all on me, or I can live in a busted *** house and do nothing

Another dumb *** blowhard pontificating on a contract he's never seen.

On top of that, he makes it seem like you have to pay the entire $20M in a lump sum payment to the next HC the day you hire him.

Twitter giveth (Joaquin and Buchanon and the Albortion detractors) and Twitter taketh away (fakes and pontificating blowhards like this guy).

Advertisement
I thought he was making $2MM/year. If that's the case, no way is his buyout his full salary for the next 5 years.

Whatever the buyout is we're gonna have to pay the whole amount, this clown isnt gonna get a job anywhere

Whatever the buyout is we're gonna have to pay the whole amount, this clown isnt gonna get a job anywhere

serious truth here. who is going to hire a guy that flamed out without ever having done anything previously. and he definitely isn't getting a job coaching special teams.

Advertisement
God I wish I had Buffet/ Gates type money cause this would have happened awhile ago....35 mil is pocket change for those guys.

On top of that, he makes it seem like you have to pay the entire $20M in a lump sum payment to the next HC the day you hire him.

Twitter giveth (Joaquin and Buchanon and the Albortion detractors) and Twitter taketh away (fakes and pontificating blowhards like this guy).

Yep this guy is clueless. All of us here can make up numbers to serve our purpose. Bottom-line is they will lose more money by not putting a product worth watching on the field.

Advertisement
Wow, Golden used the Car Salesman Tatics on Shala and she bought right in. SMH. i can just see it, him confusing the **** out of her. she just saying okay lets do it.

Do you know who the pontificating blowhard is? It's none other than Roger Federer's former agent, Joe Casale.

Advertisement
Back