Golden's Buyout 10 Million

Wait, didn't the ACC just sign a huge deal with ESPN this offseason? If the school functioned before the deal they should have extra money now.

As others have mentioned no buyout is full value nor do u pay in one sum. If by some act of god Miami did do this they could recoup a lot of funds by firing whatever lawyer they had negotiate the deal.

Also, doesn't UM have a business school? There has to be an economics or finance professor , **** student, that could explain sunken costs and lost revenue.

Although with TV money I don't thinks fans matter all that much

None of this is new (already been posted). In addition, for the 1000th time, here is free money

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...08_1_exit-fee-conference-revenues-acc-members

Advertisement
LMFAO. Joe Casale, the guy who (a) lied about being a lawyer, (b) lied about being Roger Federer's agent, (c) lied about being Devin Hester's tutor, (d) lied about being friends with Jimmy Johnson, thinks he knows what Golden's buyout is?

There's no way that Golden's buyout is just the money remaining on the contract. In that case, it wouldn't be a "buyout."

This information is so sociopathicly inaccurate, I almost don't know how to respond. The buyout is not nearly 90% of his total contract. It is at the most half that at around 5 million with it being much closer to 3.5 million. He might be right that the moving and shaking that would come with the firing would be its own expenditure, but the numbers he threw out there are ludicrous. Michigan, Florida, and Alabama don't even use those kind of figures on the football program.

Last edited:
Another dumb *** blowhard pontificating on a contract he's never seen.

On top of that, he makes it seem like you have to pay the entire $20M in a lump sum payment to the next HC the day you hire him.

Twitter giveth (Joaquin and Buchanon and the Albortion detractors) and Twitter taketh away (fakes and pontificating blowhards like this guy).

Do you know who the pontificating blowhard is? It's none other than Roger Federer's former agent, Joe Casale.

I had no idea that was him. I wouldn't have wasted time responding to that post had I known better.

Advertisement
God I wish I had Buffet/ Gates type money cause this would have happened awhile ago....35 mil is pocket change for those guys.

If i had 81 billion I would hire Nick Saban as Head Coach, Mark Dantonio as DC, and Chip Kelly as OC. I don't care what it would cost i would make it happen.
lololol yes. god that'd be amazing to be able to control the situation like that,

Wow, Golden used the Car Salesman Tatics on Shala and she bought right in. SMH. i can just see it, him confusing the **** out of her. she just saying okay lets do it.

He didn't have to sell her on ****e. He's cheap compared to what we really need and he didn't sue UM for breach and misrepresentation after NCAA sanctions hit right after taking the gig...then he stuck through "the cloud"...he's everything Shalala always wanted, thus the extension without the results to justify. The Coker and Shannon hires tell us all we need to know about her hiring criteria.

UM

Advertisement
So how does cost of hiring new staff get included in cost of firing golden?

Golden gets $2.5/yr right now. So it will cost $12.5M to keep him not including the staff.

We're stuck. Let's just go back to being a baseball school with a decent hoops team on the side. Both have their own field/arena, although baseball still has A-Fraud's name plastered on it's ball park. Nothing is perfect. Our football team has no stadium, no decent coach and no immediate or or foreseeable future.

Advertisement
Lots of contract knowledge flying around:
- Golden's contract has a fully negotiable buyout somewhere between 1 million and 1 zillion dollars.
- Our deal with Sunlife is iron clad with no way to get out of it.

Depending on the details we are either ****ed or really really ****ed. That and legalzoom is in trouble.

His buyout is 3.5-5 million.
This...

why do you guys automatically believe every idiot with a keyboard?

No buyout is 80% of the total contract.

While we have every right to question the hiring decisions of our last 2-3 ADs none of them are dumb enough to fully guarantee a contract.

golden will somewhere 3.5-5.5 million in 2-3 lump sums just like RS did. That is done in case the ex coach gets a HC job his salary there will be deducted from the buyout. Miami went as far structuring RS buyout that if he got a DC job that salary would be deducted from his buyout.

Assistant coaches usually are on 1 or 2 year deals and no way in **** did the temple guys (D'Onforio, Jethro, or Williams) get extensions last off season after the PSU crap. We can let them go with a simple severance package.

2-2.5 mil a year won't attract a Saban or Harbaugh but you better believe Butch or Chud or Narduzzi or Pruitt will take that in a heartbeat.

Advertisement
Serious question, are there formulas for buyouts regardless of amounts? E.g. University of Miami will pay 20% of remaining salary? FYI I am not saying it's 20% just an example.

**** so NOBODY knows the actual buyout? smh... How about we fire the whole defensive staff, keep golden and see if he steps down? It would be cheaper

We have to have some mega rich boosters right? I'm talking in the hundreds of millions. Wish they would get together and help the school out or offer to pay the next coach's salary. Not sure if this is legal but assuming they could just make it a "donation" and mandate the funds be allocated towards head coach and coaching staff salaries I'm guessing it is. Wish I was in the position to do so, I'd do it in a heart beat if I could.

That being said, it would be pathetic if it had to come to that. Will never understand how a school that has one of the highest tuitions in the entire country can be so frugal. Especially considering UM owes its prominence in academics to football in a strange way. Without football the U brand wouldn't be anywhere near what it is today. Sure, a private institution in Miami is attractive in and of itself but our wild success with football in the 80's,90's, and early 00's is the reason we are a very strong, global brand. The school should feel indebted towards the football program and should be willing to do whatever it takes to restore it back to where it needs to be. I will never understand the thought process behind it, and I hate every single decision maker in our athletic department and administration.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back