Golden vs. Shannon

crossover22[]_[];492235 said:
Nights uses mike williams as an example of who golden recruited in his first year but not chick or perryman. Haha thats dbc stupid right there.

Let me repeat it for you for the 1000 time. Nobody thinks golden is saban. People are saying saban wasnt great his first year either. how hard is that to understand? And did saban come into a massive ncaa investigation? Or terrible depth issues at key positions?

Damnit you and dbc need to only speak to each other.

Thank u

Dude uses Mike Williams as the end all about Goldens db recruiting.Lets see what he does with this db class b4 calling him a failure. This argument is about Shannon vs Golden not Golden vs Saban. I sat there and watched ppl defend shannnons db recruiting while some of us laughed at his lack of building depth or quality depth. Thats my argument here. He didnt have a clue about recuiting solid players at arguably the most important position in major cfb.

I use mike willams and finnie b/c they were brought in during GOLDEN'S FIRST YEAR which is what I was talking about. Jackson was brought in in sabans fFIRST YEAR. That's the premise of the comparison. FIRST YEAR. Coaches like carrol, saban etc brought in IMPACT PLAYERS AT NEED POSITION IN YEAR ONE. FACT. GOLDEN BROUGHT IN MIKE WILLAMS AND FINNIE at a NEED POSITION. FACT. Everyone here claims Willaims sucked but Jackson became a first rd. lmao
yall know the score.

Read the thread title again dumbass. U got nothing.

Advertisement
meaningless post with meaningless facts.

who cares if jackson was a highly rated recruit? Meaningless. he was an impact player MEANING he came in and made an impact at a need position

ALJ played more, started more games, had more tackles int etc than Finnie. he made more of an impact than Finnie Did. Fact.

Oh boy, this guy went full ******.

I'll let you tell me which player is which...

0/10 (starts/played)
14 total tackles; 10 solo, 4 assist, 1 TFL

0/11
14 total tackles; 10 solo, 4 assist, 1 PBU, 1 INT

Who is the better player?

By the way, ALJ didnt start any games according to the BC website.

LMFAO at you man, EL EM EF AE OE.

YOu FOS. ALJ started v Northwestern, http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/worksheet.jsp?year=2011&game=201100000006720110903.xml

and UCF,

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/worksheet.jsp?year=2011&game=201100000012820110910.xml

How retarded do you have to be to compare stats between two cb to see who's better even when one guy missed more games due to injury? LMAO dumb. perfect example is deon sanders....didn't always have the most tackles or int but everyone knew he was the best cb as compared to his peers. all you had to do was watch the guy.

watch the dam games. anybody that did this knwos alj played more and made more of an impact than thomas finnie did.

Logic check time!

- In this thread, you say (twice actually) that ALJ played more than Finnie, so he's obviously better. In the same post, you then turn around that it is dumb for me to compare tackles and stats between guys because ALJ played LESS games due to injury.

So which is it? Is ALJ better because of his stats? Or is ALJ better because he's more on an "impact guy" who's contributions can't be measured by stats?

It's obviously not stats right, because they're nearly identical as I posted.
It's obviously not the intangible "playmaker/impact" crap because he made no impact plays.
You say he was limited by injury, so it is not because ALJ played more.

Again, I ask you sir, why is ALJ better than Finnie?

These ghey logic games don't work in football. AJL contrubuted more to his team b/ he was better than finnie. ALJ played more b/c he was better than finnie. ALJ played more than Finnie and performed better in games.

It's not like Finnie had a bunch of great players in front of him either. gandi real simple concept if you watch games instead of staring at stats on a dam screen gandi.

Nites I know you watch alot of BC games. You say Finnie didn't have a bunch of great players in front of him (by the way Shannon's fault the depth at CB sucked). How many GREAT BC CBs did Louis-Jean had to beat out for playing time?

I understand that this CB class hasn't done anything in College yet but that wasn't what we were talking about. We were talking about recruiting need positions. Golden needed CBs and got them. You keep running around in circles changing your points on the fly when people have facts. AGAIN your playing the results with Jackson because we already know he's in the NFL and Finnie we wont know for awhile.

I can't wait til these young db's start showing up and producing. Maybe then he'll stfu but probly not. Every one of those db's shannon recruited was garbage. Even the can't miss guys.

crossover22[]_[];492235 said:
Nights uses mike williams as an example of who golden recruited in his first year but not chick or perryman. Haha thats dbc stupid right there.

Let me repeat it for you for the 1000 time. Nobody thinks golden is saban. People are saying saban wasnt great his first year either. how hard is that to understand? And did saban come into a massive ncaa investigation? Or terrible depth issues at key positions?

Damnit you and dbc need to only speak to each other.

You commented on what I said. lmao. pay attention next time

Thank u

Dude uses Mike Williams as the end all about Goldens db recruiting.Lets see what he does with this db class b4 calling him a failure. This argument is about Shannon vs Golden not Golden vs Saban. I sat there and watched ppl defend shannnons db recruiting while some of us laughed at his lack of building depth or quality depth. Thats my argument here. He didnt have a clue about recuiting solid players at arguably the most important position in major cfb.

I use mike willams and finnie b/c they were brought in during GOLDEN'S FIRST YEAR which is what I was talking about. Jackson was brought in in sabans fFIRST YEAR. That's the premise of the comparison. FIRST YEAR. Coaches like carrol, saban etc brought in IMPACT PLAYERS AT NEED POSITION IN YEAR ONE. FACT. GOLDEN BROUGHT IN MIKE WILLAMS AND FINNIE at a NEED POSITION. FACT. Everyone here claims Willaims sucked but Jackson became a first rd. lmao
yall know the score.

Read the thread title again dumbass. U got nothing.

You commneted on what i said about mike willaims. pay attention next time

I can't wait til these young db's start showing up and producing. Maybe then he'll stfu but probly not. Every one of those db's shannon recruited was garbage. Even the can't miss guys.

Mike Williams has already graduated buddy. do you understand that? Finnie is the only other db golden brought in..in year one. this is basic hurricane info son.

Advertisement
****, this MiamiNites guy is a ******* ****** huh ????... Really? You prefer Randy over Golden?... WOW

While any meaningful attempt to compare Corch to Golden is kind of a waste of time, I will say that coach Golden is going to face some serious head winds in his 2013 efforts. I think Randy faced the same thing in 09. When you go around landing kids with the lure of early playing time, you end up with a roster full of young contributors. Next year, coach Golden will not be able to offer much in the way of early PT. He will have to compete with other programs that are stacked AND WINNING. That's where Randy fell short as well.

Well at certain positions he can say early playing time... positions such as Safety, TE, WR, RB, and OL... even the DL is open season rght now...Now there are other positions that are lock up... CB will belocked up. LB is def locked, and QB for a while will be locked up...

meaningless post with meaningless facts.

who cares if jackson was a highly rated recruit? Meaningless. he was an impact player MEANING he came in and made an impact at a need position

ALJ played more, started more games, had more tackles int etc than Finnie. he made more of an impact than Finnie Did. Fact.

0/10 (starts/played)

0/11

YOu FOS. ALJ started v Northwestern, http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/worksheet.jsp?year=2011&game=201100000006720110903.xml

and UCF,

How retarded do you have to be to compare stats between two cb to see who's better even when one guy missed more games due to injury? LMAO dumb. perfect example is deon sanders....didn't always have the most tackles or int but everyone knew he was the best cb as compared to his peers. all you had to do was watch the guy.

watch the dam games. anybody that did this knwos alj played more and made more of an impact than thomas finnie did.

Logic check time!

- In this thread, you say (twice actually) that ALJ played more than Finnie, so he's obviously better. In the same post, you then turn around that it is dumb for me to compare tackles and stats between guys because ALJ played LESS games due to injury.

So which is it? Is ALJ better because of his stats? Or is ALJ better because he's more on an "impact guy" who's contributions can't be measured by stats?

It's obviously not the intangible "playmaker/impact" crap because he made no impact plays.

These ghey logic games don't work in football. AJL contrubuted more to his team b/ he was better than finnie. ALJ played more b/c he was better than finnie. ALJ played more than Finnie and performed better in games.

It's not like Finnie had a bunch of great players in front of him either. gandi real simple concept if you watch games instead of staring at stats on a dam screen gandi.

Instead of further embarrassing you, I'll accept this reply as you conceding your position. There is absolutely no other way of you trying to prove your point; which is why you've resulted to saying logic in football is ghey.

If I sat here and told you that you can't have it both ways (either injured and not contributing OR playing more), you would simply respond with another "I watch the games" line and the stats don't measure the impact.

487941.jpg

Advertisement
I like how people talking about Saban recruiting well year 1 at Alabama. He came in from the Miami Dolphins after winning a championship at LSU. Golden's only head coaching job was Temple. He's winning recruiting battles on Miami's reputation and his skill as a recruiter. When/if he starts winning some games at Miami, he'll lock down South Florida even more than he already has.

****, this MiamiNites guy is a ******* ****** huh ????... Really? You prefer Randy over Golden?... WOW

You sound like you wanna be my wife trying to speak for me. I'd actually prefer jim harbaugh, the boise st HC, paul cryst, the hc at west virginia and a few others over both those clowns but if i had a choice between golden and shannon i'd take golden. (said this along time ago) I've said numerous times i could never play for a coach like shannon, to much of a one way **** who just isn't my type of HC. doesn't pay enough attention to detail ( example being the o-lineman thing he did in a vid where he corrected an offensive lineman but ran off....didn't see if the guy understood what he said or was even able to apply what he just told him , chit was pathetic to watch)

another thing that ****ed me off with this guy is he got away from all the things that made miami maimi which made zero sense since he came up under JJ and other's.

He wasn't the same from week to week. one week he's jumping up and down with the players the next week he's stoic and distant looking on the sidelines. Just couldn't evolve with the players from week to week.

Golden looks like he atleast get's some of the stiff i mentioned above but his gameday performance is pathetic for a school the caliber of Miami. That ****es me off.

0/10 (starts/played)

0/11

and UCF,

Logic check time!

Instead of further embarrassing you, I'll accept this reply as you conceding your position. There is absolutely no other way of you trying to prove your point; which is why you've resulted to saying logic in football is ghey.

If I sat here and told you that you can't have it both ways (either injured and not contributing OR playing more), you would simply respond with another "I watch the games" line and the stats don't measure the impact.

You don't get do you. This is football. If you understand what you're watching you can compare two players ( Andrew Luck vs jacory harris) and see that Luck is better. You can also look at different circumstances regarding different teams and form an opinion that one player is better than another player.

Since ALJ was able to start 2 games as a true frosh while logging more meaningful game time minutes on a team with percieved stronger db's one can conclude that player A (alj) is better than another player who never started a game or played meaningful minutes on a team where db's were percieved as a weakness.

ALJ played more and started 2 games b/c he is better than Finnie at this point in his career. You can save all that other BS for your next star trek convention.

Advertisement
While any meaningful attempt to compare Corch to Golden is kind of a waste of time, I will say that coach Golden is going to face some serious head winds in his 2013 efforts. I think Randy faced the same thing in 09. When you go around landing kids with the lure of early playing time, you end up with a roster full of young contributors. Next year, coach Golden will not be able to offer much in the way of early PT. He will have to compete with other programs that are stacked AND WINNING. That's where Randy fell short as well.

Well at certain positions he can say early playing time... positions such as Safety, TE, WR, RB, and OL... even the DL is open season rght now...Now there are other positions that are lock up... CB will belocked up. LB is def locked, and QB for a while will be locked up...

Both of you are wrong. Golden preaches competition and the best players will play regardless of class. If he sticks to this he can still sell his program accordingly. All golden has to say is this " look here, i'm not going to promise you playing time but if you come and work hard and show me your the best you will play".

Some kids you just toy with " yea your good enough to play right now if you work, you work and do what we ask you'll play"

The funny thing about this thread is the fact that people want to compare golden and shannon. the fact that this comparison was brought shows that alot of you think golden is nothing more than an avg coach or slightly above what you thought shannon was which isn't saying much.

The funny thing about this thread is the fact that people want to compare golden and shannon. the fact that this comparison was brought shows that alot of you think golden is nothing more than an avg coach or slightly above what you thought shannon was which isn't saying much.

That makes no sense...

People compare Shannon and Golden for obvious reasons, they coach(ed) at Miami, with one following the other. Pretty logical, right?

Advertisement

That makes no sense...

People compare Shannon and Golden for obvious reasons, they coach(ed) at Miami, with one following the other. Pretty logical, right?

Nope. You only compare something if they are simular in abiltiy, stature etc. The fact that Golden is even close enough to be compared to Shannon is pathetic.

That makes no sense...

Nope. You only compare something if they are simular in abiltiy, stature etc. The fact that Golden is even close enough to be compared to Shannon is pathetic.

The problem is you are the only one that thinks Golden is close enough to be compared to Shannon. now thats pathetic

Advertisement
Back