Golden vs. Shannon

I hate, just absolutely hate, the fact that Nites spends his time building strawman arguments only he can dismantle or understand. Once you catch her, she'll switch the argument on you. This thread is a perfect example.

-Kareeem Jackson was recruited by everyone and a big time recruit!
-Kareem Jackson was only lightly recruited, including Al Golden at Temple.
-Nites response: None, we move to 12-2 and ALJ argument regarding Thomas Finnie. Seems ilogical, but OK.

-ALJ is better than Thomas Finnie. Al Golden FAILED to get ALJ to stay. ALJ is a sutd player and Finnie blows.
-ALJ and Finnie had identical stats, with the exception of 1 INT for ALJ. I bring up the fact that neither has done nothing spectacular, backed by simple stats and game logs.
-Nites response: Once again, we get nothing on topic, instead goes on to rant about Saban and his ability to get "A BUNCH" of players to help him go 12-2 in 2008.

-Saban's recruits are the reason why 'Bama goes 12-2 in 2008.
-Once again, facts are introduced. In 2008, most of the returning starters were players Mike Shula brought in. I believe the number was 15-16.
-Nites response: Dismiss all of Shula's players and quickly states that the reason 'Bama goes 12-2 is because of Julio Jones, Mark Ingram, and Terrence Cody.

Classic.

Thanks for looking up the ALJ & Finnie stats. I was going too but decided why do it. Nites will just circle around the topic just like he did the K. Jackson.

Crossover22 I agree he keeps talking about Mike Williams. Nites talks about Saban needed a CB and got Jackson. The Canes didnt just need a CB it also needed LB, DT, DE, ect. Nites let's forget about Perryman, Paul, D.Smith, Pierre, Grimble, and Chick. Sorry to continue to use Facts.

Nites do you think with this in coming Al Golden was able to recruit CBs?

Advertisement
I hate, just absolutely hate, the fact that Nites spends his time building strawman arguments only he can dismantle or understand. Once you catch her, she'll switch the argument on you. This thread is a perfect example.

-Nites response: None, we move to 12-2 and ALJ argument regarding Thomas Finnie. Seems ilogical, but OK.

-ALJ is better than Thomas Finnie. Al Golden FAILED to get ALJ to stay. ALJ is a sutd player and Finnie blows.
-ALJ and Finnie had identical stats, with the exception of 1 INT for ALJ. I bring up the fact that neither has done nothing spectacular, backed by simple stats and game logs.
-Nites response: Once again, we get nothing on topic, instead goes on to rant about Saban and his ability to get "A BUNCH" of players to help him go 12-2 in 2008.

-Once again, facts are introduced. In 2008, most of the returning starters were players Mike Shula brought in. I believe the number was 15-16.
-Nites response: Dismiss all of Shula's players and quickly states that the reason 'Bama goes 12-2 is because of Julio Jones, Mark Ingram, and Terrence Cody.

Classic.

Thanks for looking up the ALJ & Finnie stats. I was going too but decided why do it. Nites will just circle around the topic just like he did the K. Jackson.

Crossover22 I agree he keeps talking about Mike Williams. Nites talks about Saban needed a CB and got Jackson. The Canes didnt just need a CB it also needed LB, DT, DE, ect. Nites let's forget about Perryman, Paul, D.Smith, Pierre, Grimble, and Chick. Sorry to continue to use Facts.

and nights never talks about this class golden just brought in. look at all the quality CBs in this class. He never mentions that.

Fact dont really matter to much I guess.

crossover22[]_[];492235 said:
Nights uses mike williams as an example of who golden recruited in his first year but not chick or perryman. Haha thats dbc stupid right there.

Let me repeat it for you for the 1000 time. Nobody thinks golden is saban. People are saying saban wasnt great his first year either. how hard is that to understand? And did saban come into a massive ncaa investigation? Or terrible depth issues at key positions?

Damnit you and dbc need to only speak to each other.

Thank u

Dude uses Mike Williams as the end all about Goldens db recruiting.Lets see what he does with this db class b4 calling him a failure. This argument is about Shannon vs Golden not Golden vs Saban. I sat there and watched ppl defend shannnons db recruiting while some of us laughed at his lack of building depth or quality depth. Thats my argument here. He didnt have a clue about recuiting solid players at arguably the most important position in major cfb.
shannon is why we had the mess we had last year. No depth at the biggest positions on the field. Shannon only recruited players he knew he could get he never went after guys that were a challenge. You think he could have pulled howard from UF last year? No. crawford from GT? no.

Golden brought in a nasty class WITH possible ncaa sanctions. Look at the depth golden built in one class now imagine the depth we will have in 2_3 years unless the ncaa blasts us.

Crossover, I guess you weren't around in 2008. Shannon's second class was ranked higher than Goldens. Shannon beat all the big boys for some highly sought after kids.

Advertisement
Crossover, I guess you weren't around in 2008. Shannon's second class was ranked higher than Goldens. Shannon beat all the big boys for some highly sought after kids.

Which was a great and promising start. Too bad he never followed that up...

The hard work is having a great recruiting class at least 3 years in a row. Golden will need 2 more great recruiting class to back this one up.

Which was a great and promising start. Too bad he never followed that up...

The hard work is having a great recruiting class at least 3 years in a row. Golden will need 2 more great recruiting class to back this one up.

Of course the same holds true for Golden. Good start, but let's see what happens over the course of the next few years.

That's the whole point, to date Golden hasn't accomplished anymore than Shannon did in his first year and a half. We all hope he does, but as of now they are about even. Now Goldens communication skills seem to be 1000000 times better, but unless he wins who's gonna give a **** in the long run.

Classic.

meaningless post with meaningless facts.

who cares if jackson was a highly rated recruit? Meaningless. he was an impact player MEANING he came in and made an impact at a need position

ALJ played more, started more games, had more tackles int etc than Finnie. he made more of an impact than Finnie Did. Fact.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];493479 said:

Classic.

and nights never talks about this class golden just brought in. look at all the quality CBs in this class. He never mentions that.

Fact dont really matter to much I guess.

The class he just brought in hasn't done chit yet. What the **** is there to talk about with these kids regarding the college game? lmao fact.

Nights uses mike williams as an example of who golden recruited in his first year but not chick or perryman. Haha thats dbc stupid right there.

Let me repeat it for you for the 1000 time. Nobody thinks golden is saban. People are saying saban wasnt great his first year either. how hard is that to understand? And did saban come into a massive ncaa investigation? Or terrible depth issues at key positions?

Thank u

Dude uses Mike Williams as the end all about Goldens db recruiting.Lets see what he does with this db class b4 calling him a failure. This argument is about Shannon vs Golden not Golden vs Saban. I sat there and watched ppl defend shannnons db recruiting while some of us laughed at his lack of building depth or quality depth. Thats my argument here. He didnt have a clue about recuiting solid players at arguably the most important position in major cfb.

I use mike willams and finnie b/c they were brought in during GOLDEN'S FIRST YEAR which is what I was talking about. Jackson was brought in in sabans fFIRST YEAR. That's the premise of the comparison. FIRST YEAR. Coaches like carrol, saban etc brought in IMPACT PLAYERS AT NEED POSITION IN YEAR ONE. FACT. GOLDEN BROUGHT IN MIKE WILLAMS AND FINNIE at a NEED POSITION. FACT. Everyone here claims Willaims sucked but Jackson became a first rd. lmao
yall know the score.

crossover22[]_[];493485 said:

Thank u

shannon is why we had the mess we had last year. No depth at the biggest positions on the field. Shannon only recruited players he knew he could get he never went after guys that were a challenge. You think he could have pulled howard from UF last year? No. crawford from GT? no.

Golden brought in a nasty class WITH possible ncaa sanctions. Look at the depth golden built in one class now imagine the depth we will have in 2_3 years unless the ncaa blasts us.

Miami returned one if not the most expericned and talented teams in the acc. GTFOOH with this BS. If you think Miami had depth problems then whatever. The teams we played were worse off in ALOT of area's. How much Depth did BC have when they played 6 Frosh vs Maryland AND STILL WON? That's what you guys fail to see in all of your excuses.

And shut up talking about depth when alot of these players your talking abput haven't played a down of cfb. LMFAO at ths dude not knowing the differnece between depth and bodies.

And stop bringing up shannon that clown aint here. What we do know is golden couldn't bring in ALJ in year 1 while Shannon did. Fact. Your post anbout shannon and howard? specualtion, dreams, fake, false, imaginary, contrived etc.

Last edited:
That's the whole point, to date Golden hasn't accomplished anymore than Shannon did in his first year and a half. We all hope he does, but as of now they are about even. Now Goldens communication skills seem to be 1000000 times better, but unless he wins who's gonna give a **** in the long run.

yep basically. win or gtfo. **** even sorry *** shannon won 7 games in his second year with a young team so Golden bes win atleast 8 if he's worth anything.

Advertisement

who cares if jackson was a highly rated recruit? Meaningless. he was an impact player MEANING he came in and made an impact at a need position

ALJ played more, started more games, had more tackles int etc than Finnie. he made more of an impact than Finnie Did. Fact.

Oh boy, this guy went full ******.

I'll let you tell me which player is which...

0/10 (starts/played)
14 total tackles; 10 solo, 4 assist, 1 TFL

0/11
14 total tackles; 10 solo, 4 assist, 1 PBU, 1 INT

Who is the better player?

By the way, ALJ didnt start any games according to the BC website.

LMFAO at you man, EL EM EF AE OE.

0/10 (starts/played)

0/11

YOu FOS. ALJ started v Northwestern, http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/worksheet.jsp?year=2011&game=201100000006720110903.xml

and UCF,

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/worksheet.jsp?year=2011&game=201100000012820110910.xml

How retarded do you have to be to compare stats between two cb to see who's better even when one guy missed more games due to injury? LMAO dumb. perfect example is deon sanders....didn't always have the most tackles or int but everyone knew he was the best cb as compared to his peers. all you had to do was watch the guy.

watch the dam games. anybody that did this knwos alj played more and made more of an impact than thomas finnie did.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I was around. I saw it and I was never as high on alot of those guys as everyone else. I like this class way better and I havent seen them play yet.

crossover22[]_[];493485 said:

Thank u

Miami returned one if not the most expericned and talented teams in the acc. GTFOOH with this BS. If you think Miami had depth problems then whatever. The teams we played were worse off in ALOT of area's. How much Depth did BC have when they played 6 Frosh vs Maryland AND STILL WON? That's what you guys fail to see in all of your excuses.

And shut up talking about depth when alot of these players your talking abput haven't played a down of cfb. LMFAO at ths dude not knowing the differnece between depth and bodies.

And stop bringing up shannon that clown aint here. What we do know is golden couldn't bring in ALJ in year 1 while Shannon did. Fact. Your post anbout shannon and howard? specualtion, dreams, fake, false, imaginary, contrived etc.

returned one of the most talented and experienced teams haha? Discussion over.

0/10 (starts/played)

0/11

YOu FOS. ALJ started v Northwestern, http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/worksheet.jsp?year=2011&game=201100000006720110903.xml

and UCF,

How retarded do you have to be to compare stats between two cb to see who's better even when one guy missed more games due to injury? LMAO dumb. perfect example is deon sanders....didn't always have the most tackles or int but everyone knew he was the best cb as compared to his peers. all you had to do was watch the guy.

watch the dam games. anybody that did this knwos alj played more and made more of an impact than thomas finnie did.

Logic check time!

- In this thread, you say (twice actually) that ALJ played more than Finnie, so he's obviously better. In the same post, you then turn around that it is dumb for me to compare tackles and stats between guys because ALJ played LESS games due to injury.

So which is it? Is ALJ better because of his stats? Or is ALJ better because he's more on an "impact guy" who's contributions can't be measured by stats?

It's obviously not stats right, because they're nearly identical as I posted.
It's obviously not the intangible "playmaker/impact" crap because he made no impact plays.
You say he was limited by injury, so it is not because ALJ played more.

Again, I ask you sir, why is ALJ better than Finnie?

0/10 (starts/played)

0/11

and UCF,

Logic check time!

- In this thread, you say (twice actually) that ALJ played more than Finnie, so he's obviously better. In the same post, you then turn around that it is dumb for me to compare tackles and stats between guys because ALJ played LESS games due to injury.

So which is it? Is ALJ better because of his stats? Or is ALJ better because he's more on an "impact guy" who's contributions can't be measured by stats?

It's obviously not stats right, because they're nearly identical as I posted.
It's obviously not the intangible "playmaker/impact" crap because he made no impact plays.
You say he was limited by injury, so it is not because ALJ played more.

Again, I ask you sir, why is ALJ better than Finnie?

These ghey logic games don't work in football. AJL contrubuted more to his team b/ he was better than finnie. ALJ played more b/c he was better than finnie. ALJ played more than Finnie and performed better in games.

It's not like Finnie had a bunch of great players in front of him either. gandi real simple concept if you watch games instead of staring at stats on a dam screen gandi.

Advertisement
Back