Golden says we've lost 40 recruits due to the NCAA

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Fuggin ridiculous man

"As we reported in our last post, the NCAA this past week essentially ruled out UM’s hopes of the case against it being dismissed before a full hearing in front of the infractions committee in mid-June.

Meanwhile, for the first time, Al Golden is quantifying – with numbers -- the impact this case has had on recruiting.
“If you just take the number of kids that flipped on us in the last two years, that’s a big number,” Golden told us.

“But I’m talking about kids [that say]: ‘I really like Miami, but I don’t know what’s going to happen’ [with the NCAA]. That number is well over 40. Easily over 40.

“The further they get along in the decision-making process, the attacks on us grow exponentially once we’re identified as one of the players in their picks.”

Golden said he doesn’t believe the investigation has hurt the perception of the program but “the toxicity is the problem, whether it’s through the media or things the kids are exposed to. There hasn’t been a time where we haven’t had negative recruiting. It’s been difficult.”

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy

This better not drag on to signing day again, what a disaster that would be.

Advertisement
This will go to court and UM will talk about this and other issues that came from the NCAA and their whole reputation, if it isn't already completely destroyed will be in the near future smh a ******* shame

No way. That's just a bunch of dumb excuses. But I'll give Al a pass for now. He better go undefeated this year though, or I'm finished with him.

Advertisement
No way. That's just a bunch of dumb excuses. But I'll give Al a pass for now. He better go undefeated this year though, or I'm finished with him.

Franchise, Your posts are usually pretty decent, but this one is WAY off base. I assume it is attributed to weekend drinking. Are you saying that if we were to lose ONE game, that you're gonna bail? Absurd. For ANY team to go undeafeated in this age of CFB is very difficult.

Advertisement
FRANCHISE I hope when AG is gone eventually they hire you as HC

And I hope you ******* fail miserably

Advertisement
From a logical perspective, this was another nugget we were holding against the NCAA, to put pressure on the COI to end the whole fiasco. There will probably be more in between now and the hearing.

I want this **** to be over by the end of June/early July. If we do receive a penalty, I'm praying it doesn't affect the numbers for this class

That the obvious sarcasm was not obvious to most of you shows how defensive this fiasco was made us. Cowed, trigger-fingered-reactions. Like battered dogs.

A possibly un-noteworthy read is that he was saying more "we've lost the chance at 40 kids" then he was "we've lost 40 members of our roster, outright". Seems obvious, but it contextualizes the statement.

And it's entirely absurd regardless. What a pox this process has been. What a shocking display of gross ineptitude. As absurd as Shapiro out-throwing Freeman. But, if he'd have said it twice, the NCAA assumed it was verified.

Advertisement

That the obvious sarcasm was not obvious to most of you shows how defensive this fiasco was made us. Cowed, trigger-fingered-reactions. Like battered dogs.

A possibly un-noteworthy read is that he was saying more "we've lost the chance at 40 kids" then he was "we've lost 40 members of our roster, outright". Seems obvious, but it contextualizes the statement.

And it's entirely absurd regardless. What a pox this process has been. What a shocking display of gross ineptitude. As absurd as Shapiro out-throwing Freeman. But, if he'd have said it twice, the NCAA assumed it was verified.

Well said. You can't blame a kid for telling us thanks but no thanks on the first phone call, but I don't even want to imagine how many times its happened, and with whom. You miss out on an opportunity to get a kid on campus and in the city to take advantage of the biggest recruiting tools we have. **** the NCAA.

I don't doubt that AG can recruit and if UM didn't have the NCAA bs still going on he'd been able to haul in better classes the past 2 years.. Problem is, can he coach? IDC how many players were suspended the Maryland game, Miami had no business losing that game and other loses since.. Really I blame it on coach D but that's AGs guy and if Miami loses to teams they have no business losing to, then AG has to go and if the defense sucks again then AG **** well better give coach D the boot..

Advertisement
Back