Golden says we've lost 40 recruits due to the NCAA

Some of you are reading too much into Al's comment. Typically when numbers like these are being thrown around, it is used for posturing before lawsuits or settlements. Al was probably advised by the school a while back to start keeping track of all negative impacts resulting from this NCAA crap so damages can quantified if it ever goes to court or settlement. UM is on the offensive now, so Al's comments are to be expected.

Yeah, that's how I saw it. Golden's statement is an attempt to negate the NCAA from even considering any future scholly reductions.

Advertisement
I thought I was the only one that felt that number was a little exaggerated. Lol. He has been here for 3 years now..So we have lost 13 kids a year? Dang. But hey, whatever helps get this situation over with im all for. He could have thrown out 100 for all I care.

Golden didn't say we had lost 40 recruits. Golden said the NCAA investigation affected at least 40 recruitments. That's not to say we definitely wouldn't have gotten the kids in question, but the sanctions knocked us out early.

Fellas, we offered around 140 players last year according to Rivals. I know that info is not completely accurate, but ****. If we offer 125 a year over 3 years thats 375 players. 40 is not a high number if we offer 300+ players. It was said for some affect but cmon fellas. What if 5 of the guys were top DT recruits. What if the 5 Dt's were Goldman, Bostwick, Bradley, T. Johnson and Keif? **** If we get 2 of those guys we feel dif about the dt situation on the team. just sayin

Well if you mean me in regards to the dumb comment I will take that. But you gotta give that dumb hat to buddy who started the thread too. The thread title clearly says, "Golden says we've lost 40 recruits due to the NCAA."

Advertisement
How many kids have we heard mention the cloud over our heads in the past 3 years? Too many to count right... There you go.

Advertisement
Back