Golden says we've lost 40 recruits due to the NCAA

I don't doubt that AG can recruit and if UM didn't have the NCAA bs still going on he'd been able to haul in better classes the past 2 years.. Problem is, can he coach? IDC how many players were suspended the Maryland game, Miami had no business losing that game and other loses since.. Really I blame it on coach D but that's AGs guy and if Miami loses to teams they have no business losing to, then AG has to go and if the defense sucks again then AG **** well better give coach D the boot..

Still with Maryland. Amazing!

Advertisement
I don't doubt that AG can recruit and if UM didn't have the NCAA bs still going on he'd been able to haul in better classes the past 2 years.. Problem is, can he coach? IDC how many players were suspended the Maryland game, Miami had no business losing that game and other loses since.. Really I blame it on coach D but that's AGs guy and if Miami loses to teams they have no business losing to, then AG has to go and if the defense sucks again then AG **** well better give coach D the boot..

and if I had mentioned both losses to Virginia or the loss to B.C. you would of replied with "still with x. Amazing!" right ? Look bich, I was over the Maryland game the day after.. I just used it as an example..

and if I had mentioned both losses to Virginia or the loss to B.C. you would of replied with "still with x. Amazing!" right ? Look bich, I was over the Maryland game the day after.. I just used it as an example..

Listen you KIND GENTLEMAN AND FELLOW CANES FAN this has been discussed to death and we all see it differently. Im not going into the discussion of each game but it is part of a season under a certain coach's regime. Either Al will fix it or fail.

Just amazed that people see things so differently, this fan base is amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Listen you f@ggy **** this has been discussed to death and we all see it differently. Im not going into the discussion of each game but it is part of a season under a certain coach's regime. Either Al will fix it or fail.

Russell Wilson in 1 year in the pros has proved that he has learned how to play as a small mobile qb and he's more polished in that aspect then Mike Vick whose been in the league over a decade.

What does this have to do with anything above? Great irrelevance!

Franchise attempted to demonstrate the knee-jerk reaction of the majority of the posters here and succeeded brilliantly.
He relied on the fact that many have not known him long enough. He is a master at moves like that.

Advertisement
Lulz at the sarcasm fail in this thread and double lulz at those negging Franchise for failing to see that sarcasm.

Even with that **** brown cloud of the NCAA lingering for 2 years, AG and his staff have been able to recruit nationally. In addition this staff has repaired strained relationships at local HS and have made our Canes more visible in the tri-counties.

We're fortunate to have this guy as our CEO. He isnt perfect, but he's the best CEO since Butch.

Franchise attempted to demonstrate the knee-jerk reaction of the majority of the posters here and succeeded brilliantly.
He relied on the fact that many have not known him long enough. He is a master at moves like that.

You are probably right. Just so many negative posts and posters and even negative happenings with the program as a whole lately that that kind of sarcasm for me is just too much. As a rule I love sarcasm but a little touchy when it involves our team. Also pretty sure recruits dont know Franchise well enough either. I know its debated all the time but I am on the side of not posting stuff that could have a negative impact on recruits. I do enjoy most of what chise posts.

I have to believe that coach Golden had intent when releasing specific numbers like that to the Miami Herald.

As well, I do not doubt the validity of the claim.

Advertisement
Its true. There was an all american running back this year who my friend coach named David Williams who liked um alot but was told by sec coaches that miami had already gotten their punishment but are keeping it secret until after signing day so he went to South Carolina. Another kid from last year Gerald Bowman was told the same stuff. Its definitely going on, however, he was probably going to USC regardless.

And what about that loss against Baylor in 1972, they should fire Golden because of that loss.

i can tell if serious

Advertisement

Listen you KIND GENTLEMAN AND FELLOW CANES FAN this has been discussed to death and we all see it differently. Im not going into the discussion of each game but it is part of a season under a certain coach's regime. Either Al will fix it or fail.

you are responding to miaminites,

his reasoning is irrerafutable, just drop it and walk away.

Last edited by a moderator:
No way. That's just a bunch of dumb excuses. But I'll give Al a pass for now. He better go undefeated this year though, or I'm finished with him.

One of the stupidest focking things I've read on here and that's saying something. Thought you were better than that Chise...

Advertisement
How did Golden factor these numbers. Maybe 10 of the 40 were 3 star prospects that had no interest in Miami and used that as an excuse. Your telling me that in years that 40 players told him they would come to Miami if it wasn't for this mess? Are we assuming that these players were all high end prospects and we wanted them more than what we got?

I have no doubt we lost good players because of this but I am not sure we would have 40 different guys on our roster if it wasn't for this. I like Golden a lot but I think he is justifying his first 2 years and essentially buy himself more time to fix things which I think he can do.

I like Golden a lot but I think he is justifying his first 2 years and essentially buy himself more time to fix things which I think he can do.

A few things:

1. The guy is signed through 2020 in a legal document. You think he is justifying this now. You think he is justifying buying more time even though he has a contract with an unknown buyout through 2020.

2. The quote is as follows: “But I’m talking about kids [that say]: ‘I really like Miami, but I don’t know what’s going to happen’ [with the NCAA]. That number is well over 40. Easily over 40.

He is just saying that there are kids who mention this as part of their reason for not ending up at Miami. Ultimately the kid can pick another program because he likes it more than Miami but he is saying there are 40 kids who have liked Miami may be turned off (in part) because they don't know what will happen.

I don't think he is saying but for the investigation, those 40 kids were coming to Miami.

3. We have had a bunch of kids flip over the last two years, for many reasons, it just doesn't help recruiting that the NCAA investigation still has a shadow over the program.

Some of you are reading too much into Al's comment. Typically when numbers like these are being thrown around, it is used for posturing before lawsuits or settlements. Al was probably advised by the school a while back to start keeping track of all negative impacts resulting from this NCAA crap so damages can quantified if it ever goes to court or settlement. UM is on the offensive now, so Al's comments are to be expected.

I agree, but the "40" is definitely calculated.

Unlike his predecessor, Al Golden doesn't just throw things out there without having thought them through.

Advertisement
Back