Golden on WQAM: 09/22/14

dont worry guysm, Duke will put these coaches out of their misery. Duke's offense is WAAAAAYY better than Louisville and Nebraska. zero chance we hold them to under 500 yards.
I just hope Duke doesn't come in complacent at this point playing an ACC bottom dweller in UM. Dave Cu.ntsniff better not overlook us. We're feisty spoilers.

Advertisement
"Actually with regards to the run defense he said they have to stop the run anyway possible and if that means bringing more pressure and changing the fronts that's what they will do."
Of course, none of this could have been tried DURING THE GAME could it?. It's always best to get 4 good quarters of slaughter on film to help you prepare better for the next game...

Exactly, he said some similar bull**** about the offense following Louisville, can we not make some kind of adjustment at halftime to counteract what our opponent is doing?

We'll be 0-0 in the Coastal until Saturday night when we fall to 0-1. I wonder what mantra Folden will adopt after Coach Cutcliffe exploits his ****** defense scheme to the tune of 600 yards?

The thing that bothers me the most is that we have better players than every team on our schedule (except FSU) and Folden is ******** these kids. Al should be a good man, recognize he is failing these kids and move on to the used car lot on Broward and Powerline.

He said all the right things but we need serious action on changing the defense. The question is can he do it?

I think his tenure here is more than a reasonable sampling, performance or lack thereof say AMF (adios MF)

Advertisement
I truly think this guy is just hoping to get fired at this point. Nobody can be this pathetic in real life.

That's not as crazy as it might sound. He might actually realize he's not up to the task here. But he's not giving up that paycheck on his own.

That's my fear. I hope he experiences the same things Corch Irvin Mayas experienced at UF.ag at the end of his run there and resigns due to stress and anxiety related health issues.

Last edited:
Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 52s

Golden: "The tournament starts Saturday."

lolz

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 8s

Golden: "[Nebraska's] a really good offense, and we aided it. You can't aid a really good offense."

Advertisement
"it starts with me."

This is a quote that I have heard every loss in his tenure.

So, the guy knows how to talk about accountability. The problem is he does not know how to truly be accountable. I mean, he aint fixin ****. We've heard this same stuff every blow out, and yet, we run the same scheme defensively, with the same read and react bull**** that get's us killed.

Seriously, pay attention after Duke, he's gonna be like "It starts with me". The media should start every interview with..."Al you are not allowed to say it starts with me Ok?"

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 17s

Golden mentions Elder, Burns, Owens, Kamalu as guys that “did their job.” Others, tho “good-hearted” in tying to make a play, hurt us.

I truly think this guy is just hoping to get fired at this point. Nobody can be this pathetic in real life.

That's not as crazy as it might sound. He might actually realize he's not up to the task here. But he's not giving up that paycheck on his own.

It truly is a sad situation.

Since the PSU fiasco, its been clear he isn't happy here. Now, the majority of the fanbase is against him and I'm sure there are plenty of higher ups at UM that are starting to accept he isn't a good football coach.

I don't understand how you award a coach that type of extension after he starts the season losing to a 2-10 Maryland team and ends the season losing to a 3-8 BC team for a 6-6 record. It may be the death knell for this program.

Regardless, I have no sympathy for Al Golden whatsoever. Even if he gets fired, he's going to be paid handsomely on Miami's dime for quite a while.

Advertisement
When Golden was first hired I questioned why him? Let me say this first to be fair to him, he was the right hire at the time.. He got us through a very difficult period, he was proactive, and took the necessary steps with very little repercussion... He's also recruited fairly well with the overhang, but with the results on the field I'm not sure how long he can continue to bring in the talent.. If you looked at his career as a Defensive Coordinator or Head Coach, his defenses haven't been good... Eventually at Temple he had a top ranked D, but who was he playing? I think the toughest team he played was Penn State and at that time they weren't very good... I'm ok if we lose from time to time, you can't win them all... But when offenses continue to Steamroll right past our D, then it's time to make adjustments... If he can't make those adjustments I say Farewell....

Advertisement
wtf

Christy Chirinos ‏@ChristyChirinos 29s

When asked about fan anger toward D'Onofrio, he said same people wanted James Coley fired, didn't believe in Brad Kaaya.

"it starts with me." So, the guy knows how to talk about accountability.

Talk is all it is. He knows he has job security from having the NCAA mess dropped in his lap.. So he takes the blame.

What is Donna going to do, fire him?

Advertisement
Back