Golden Canes Section

Advertisement
This is a big issue, every year the cost has gone up significantly for most sections. The Golden Canes and Living room box has been the same for a few years but you're talking 25k and 55k, people that pay that can afford to not care.

What does that money get you? Let's say you have a family of 5?

Only donations not attached to the tickets are tax deductible, I believe it's still 80%
Right, but what I'm saying is, I have the cat 4 donation and now I have the donated tickets. I gave the first two home games away before I realized I could donate them to other vets. It's a win win if I get over the standard deduction. I'm hoping everything I did to get the Floriduh, fsu, and duke tickets has become tax deductible. I'm still ****ed that I couldn't take my son to the spring game side line access and the home game side line access I would have had. I would have made the trip down just for that on both occasions. I get the rule but I don't think my son will be playing college baseball.

I get that, I'm mainly referring to the people that actually do buy tickets and don't show up. I know a lot of areas where the seats are sold but no one is there, which means they're not even selling or giving them away. It's crazy to me, like what's the point? I get the season tickets are cheaper than just the big games in most areas but not the premium ones.

there are a lot of alums who buy tickets, but dont live in miami. my friend does exactly that and know many others that do the same. the premium ones, if theyre not in their seat or in the lounge areas, then theyre not there. prolly working so they can keep us well funded on our way to 7-6

Advertisement
Right, but what I'm saying is, I have the cat 4 donation and now I have the donated tickets. I gave the first two home games away before I realized I could donate them to other vets. It's a win win if I get over the standard deduction. I'm hoping everything I did to get the Floriduh, fsu, and duke tickets has become tax deductible. I'm still ****ed that I couldn't take my son to the spring game side line access and the home game side line access I would have had. I would have made the trip down just for that on both occasions. I get the rule but I don't think my son will be playing college baseball.
Gotcha, yes any of those donations would be and that's great to donate to vets and if they are deductible. It never made much of a difference for me but hopefully it will work out for you. Not sure what you're referring to about your son playing baseball and the rules?

I've been a season ticket holder for too many years since the move from the orange bowl. through all the depressing years we have endured there. since the renovations at HRS I've noticed the Golden canes section and the adjacent sections are normally empty(yes, a few BIG games they were full). for all the space they take up it would be nice to see those seats filled. i'm sure those seats are sold yet almost always empty. for an appearance aspect TV wise and fan wise(recruits visiting etc) what do you think it would take the school to get those seats with actual people in them? those wealthy people obviously are like you Bentley driving guys here but still the seats remain empty. i'm sure there is a way to write it off to charity/tax donation or something where the wealthy individuals that own those seats can get a kick back from trying to make sure the seat is filled through the school. this was taken during the peak of the game this past Friday. It looks like this every week. Seems like wasted space and a bad visual.

View attachment 99403
Once Blake is gone I will call Alfonso Restrepo and start donating again.

Look, we need our own stadium.

Hard Rock is a great place to see a game but it's not a college football venue.

Gotcha, yes any of those donations would be and that's great to donate to vets and if they are deductible. It never made much of a difference for me but hopefully it will work out for you. Not sure what you're referring to about your son playing baseball and the rules?
The ncaa doesn't allow high school age kids on the field. My son doesn't play football but does play baseball. I guess it's like a football recruit going to a basket ball game as a recruiting trip. It's just too bad that a kid who isn't planning on playing a college level sport can't go on the field with his parents. I now have to worry about taking my sons friends to games if I buy the tickets. I didn't realize what I was getting into. One of my sons friends who's parents were killed a few years ago has been contacted by GT. I've kinda taken the kid under my wing but now I don't even know if I can help him without crossing him up with the ncaa. Apparently once a booster always a booster.

Advertisement
The ncaa doesn't allow high school age kids on the field. My son doesn't play football but does play baseball. I guess it's like a football recruit going to a basket ball game as a recruiting trip. It's just too bad that a kid who isn't planning on playing a college level sport can't go on the field with his parents. I now have to worry about taking my sons friends to games if I buy the tickets. I didn't realize what I was getting into. One of my sons friends who's parents were killed a few years ago has been contacted by GT. I've kinda taken the kid under my wing but now I don't even know if I can help him without crossing him up with the ncaa. Apparently once a booster always a booster.

Similar scenario. I ran into Jim Morris in the offseason a few years ago, and he said let him know anytime I need tickets......but that he couldn't give one to me for my daughter because she was a high school student. And she didn't even play a sport.

Similar scenario. I ran into Jim Morris in the offseason a few years ago, and he said let him know anytime I need tickets......but that he couldn't give one to me for my daughter because she was a high school student. And she didn't even play a sport.
I get and understand the need for the rule and everything but it's too broad a stroke. There are far more kids that aren't even going to college or going to play a college sport than there are kids who are going to play a sport in college. And from what I've heard/read, it's a no exceptions kinda thing.

Wow, that's crazy. Especially since it can be proven that you paid for the access and he's your son; although NCAA gonna NCAA. It really is nuts what can be a violation, every season ticket holder is considered a booster and every interaction at a game, any kind gesture, etc.

Advertisement
Wow, that's crazy. Especially since it can be proven that you paid for the access and he's your son; although NCAA gonna NCAA. It really is nuts what can be a violation, every season ticket holder is considered a booster and every interaction at a game, any kind gesture, etc.

yup. athletes cant even take a pencil from another student or teacher. had a class with a TnF member and he didnt have a pencil for an exam and the prof offered him one, but he couldnt take it bc of the NCAA nor from anyone else. kinda crazy

yup. athletes cant even take a pencil from another student or teacher. had a class with a TnF member and he didnt have a pencil for an exam and the prof offered him one, but he couldnt take it bc of the NCAA nor from anyone else. kinda crazy
What? That's ridiculous, it's not something that other students don't have. I thought the rule was always about the athlete getting something "extra" or something regular students don't get.
The whole NCAA needs to be blown up.

Advertisement
What? That's ridiculous, it's not something that other students don't have. I thought the rule was always about the athlete getting something "extra" or something regular students don't get.
The whole NCAA needs to be blown up.

No, it's literally any kind of "gift". A player's girlfriend's parents are in town, wants to take them to dinner......the player technically can't accept the free meal. My brother ran the EA Sports on-campus tournaments back in the 2000's. If any scholarship athlete from any sport placed and qualified for a prize, her or she had to turn it down.

When you hear the phrase "extra benefits", it means anything not included as part of the athlete's scholarship.

No, it's literally any kind of "gift". A player's girlfriend's parents are in town, wants to take them to dinner......the player technically can't accept the free meal. My brother ran the EA Sports on-campus tournaments back in the 2000's. If any scholarship athlete from any sport placed and qualified for a prize, her or she had to turn it down.
That's crazy but not surprised.

But was it on campus?
Yes, with parking being worse than the Orange Bowl. Same parking in someone yards but most could only hold a few cars and blocking in was worse plus farther from their swamp. Hotter then any OB game since no sea breeze and being a sardine is not conducive to comfort. If we had an on campus stadium it is too far south to draw from WPB or Broward. Most uncomfortable I have ever been at a game.

Advertisement
Back