Golden Canes Section

Advertisement
The ncaa doesn't allow high school age kids on the field. My son doesn't play football but does play baseball. I guess it's like a football recruit going to a basket ball game as a recruiting trip. It's just too bad that a kid who isn't planning on playing a college level sport can't go on the field with his parents. I now have to worry about taking my sons friends to games if I buy the tickets. I didn't realize what I was getting into. One of my sons friends who's parents were killed a few years ago has been contacted by GT. I've kinda taken the kid under my wing but now I don't even know if I can help him without crossing him up with the ncaa. Apparently once a booster always a booster.
Unless you meet this criteria at this link, you can bring whomever you want.

Who is considered a Booster

Yes, with parking being worse than the Orange Bowl. Same parking in someone yards but most could only hold a few cars and blocking in was worse plus farther from their swamp. Hotter then any OB game since no sea breeze and being a sardine is not conducive to comfort. If we had an on campus stadium it is too far south to draw from WPB or Broward. Most uncomfortable I have ever been at a game.
It's almost like you prefer watching a game in a state of the art NFL stadium instead of sitting in bleachers.

Advertisement
Unless you meet this criteria at this link, you can bring whomever you want.

Who is considered a Booster

From the Student Athlete Handbook.

"As a student-athlete, there are limitations on the interactions that may occur with any individual that the NCAA identifies as a Representative of the University of Miami’s Athletics Interests (i.e. an “athletic booster”).

BOOSTER: An individual who is a member of the institution’s athletics booster club, has made donations to the booster club or the athletics department, is involved in any manner in recruiting prospects or in providing benefits (e.g. summer jobs) to enrolled student-athletes, or is otherwise involved in promoting the institution’s athletic program.

 The NCAA stipulates that once an individual has been identified as a representative of the University of Miami’s athletics programs he or she retains this status forever (even if the individual no longer contributes to the athletics program).  In addition, a student-athlete becoming friends with an athletic booster and/or employee of UM does not change their status as far as NCAA rules are concerned.  You may NOT receive an extra benefit from any individual that is based directly or indirectly on the fact that you are a student-athlete at the University of Miami. Any individual who provides an extra benefit to a student-athlete that is contrary to the NCAA legislation automatically becomes an athletics representative."

Basically, if you buy a Student Athlete a hamburger from McDonalds or even give them a ride, it could be considered a violation. I know at one time, players had to fill out a form for any questionable contacts or benefits they received. Giving the family of a player some sort of benefit, can also be considered a violation. Since buying season tickets also includes a donation to the Hurricane Club that makes you a booster. If in doubt, call the Athletic Department with any questions.

I think pretty much anyone who gave $50 to up categories for gaytor tickets is now considered a booster. I gave more than that because I was thinking about tax relief but that's how broad the stroke is for becoming a booster.

its always been this way. anyone who donates (or buys season tickets bc a donation is involved) is considered a booster. youre not a big booster obviouslky if youre only giving 50 bucks, but still considered a booster nonetheless

From the Student Athlete Handbook.

"As a student-athlete, there are limitations on the interactions that may occur with any individual that the NCAA identifies as a Representative of the University of Miami’s Athletics Interests (i.e. an “athletic booster”).

BOOSTER: An individual who is a member of the institution’s athletics booster club, has made donations to the booster club or the athletics department, is involved in any manner in recruiting prospects or in providing benefits (e.g. summer jobs) to enrolled student-athletes, or is otherwise involved in promoting the institution’s athletic program.

 The NCAA stipulates that once an individual has been identified as a representative of the University of Miami’s athletics programs he or she retains this status forever (even if the individual no longer contributes to the athletics program).  In addition, a student-athlete becoming friends with an athletic booster and/or employee of UM does not change their status as far as NCAA rules are concerned.  You may NOT receive an extra benefit from any individual that is based directly or indirectly on the fact that you are a student-athlete at the University of Miami. Any individual who provides an extra benefit to a student-athlete that is contrary to the NCAA legislation automatically becomes an athletics representative."

Basically, if you buy a Student Athlete a hamburger from McDonalds or even give them a ride, it could be considered a violation. I know at one time, players had to fill out a form for any questionable contacts or benefits they received. Giving the family of a player some sort of benefit, can also be considered a violation. Since buying season tickets also includes a donation to the Hurricane Club that makes you a booster. If in doubt, call the Athletic Department with any questions.
Tickets now do not include a donation.

They should eliminate anything named Golden. Name it anything, but something so cancerous related to the Canes program. Of all the second tier/blue light special coaches that have been hired he was the absolute worst. I hate that jersey scumbag and his jersey douche friend more than anyone related to Canes mediocrity. **** fat Al, his whole family and everything Doh’Nofrio that exists.

Go Canes!

1571345592867.png

Advertisement
Tickets now do not include a donation.

That was changed last year, but if you are a long time season ticket buyer, then you are considered a booster. Same goes for any of the prior donations you may have made. to the Athletic Department or individual Student Athlete Player(s) during your life. Even if you didn't buy season tickets, but made a donation to the Hurricane Club you are considered a booster.

there are a lot of alums who buy tickets, but dont live in miami. my friend does exactly that and know many others that do the same. the premium ones, if theyre not in their seat or in the lounge areas, then theyre not there. prolly working so they can keep us well funded on our way to 7-6

I still have my club level season tickets, even though I live on the other side of the country.

its always been this way. anyone who donates (or buys season tickets bc a donation is involved) is considered a booster. youre not a big booster obviouslky if youre only giving 50 bucks, but still considered a booster nonetheless
At first I was all happy.. you know, yay! I'm a Miami booster! Then I started reading the fine print and how it affects my son and his high school age friends I like to do things for. Take a couple of them out on the boat with their girls, buy them some gaytoraide.. I'd be the South Carolina trailer park version of Nevin Shapiro. Wouldn't the NCAA just love that ****.

Advertisement
you really said that while not donating a fraction of what they do? come on. they have lounge access w their tickets. go up to the lounge and youll see where theyre at.

1. :ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg: at you presuming to know what I donate.

2. Even if I only donated $1, it would still technically be a fraction of what they do. :bobross:

3. Hard to support the players and add to the home game atmosphere while you're inside eating caviar and drinking white claws. :diaf:

1. :ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg: at you presuming to know what I donate.

2. Even if I only donated $1, it would still technically be a fraction of what they do. :bobross:

3. Hard to support the players and add to the home game atmosphere while you're inside eating caviar and drinking white claws. :diaf:

do you donate 25k min?

Yet inexplicably they donate just under 20k a year and well beyond in many cases. Guess they just don't like money and are frivolous with it.

Of course they care, but to a lot of people it's a social and networking opportunity. The game, they can watch it inside as well as outside.

Throwing money at a program while not really caring about the quality of its product does nothing but enable the suck to continue.

Advertisement
do you donate 25k min?

Do you?

Is there a donation minimum that must be met before you're allowed to express dissatisfaction with the product or conversely be above reproach in regards to your monetary fandom and enabling of the continuous suckage?

Do you?

Is there a donation minimum that must be met before you're allowed to express dissatisfaction with the product or conversely be above reproach in regards to your monetary fandom and enabling of the continuous suckage?

i dont, which is why i know i dont matter. i wish my tuition dollars counted towards that haha, but sadly, they do not. regardless, the more you donate, the more receptive the school is to you. its why the golden canes get chartered flights and we dont.

Not necessarily a perk, but the Golden Canes have a meeting, not sure if it is annually or not, with Fake James where they can ask questions and presumably get an answer that keeps the money rolling in. I was able to eavesdrop on one a couple of years ago and was not that impressed with the answers I heard him give them. Sounded like the same old isht to me.

Advertisement
Back