Golden Canes Section

getcaned

Sophomore
I've been a season ticket holder for too many years since the move from the orange bowl. through all the depressing years we have endured there. since the renovations at HRS I've noticed the Golden canes section and the adjacent sections are normally empty(yes, a few BIG games they were full). for all the space they take up it would be nice to see those seats filled. i'm sure those seats are sold yet almost always empty. for an appearance aspect TV wise and fan wise(recruits visiting etc) what do you think it would take the school to get those seats with actual people in them? those wealthy people obviously are like you Bentley driving guys here but still the seats remain empty. i'm sure there is a way to write it off to charity/tax donation or something where the wealthy individuals that own those seats can get a kick back from trying to make sure the seat is filled through the school. this was taken during the peak of the game this past Friday. It looks like this every week. Seems like wasted space and a bad visual.

20191011_215419.jpg

Advertisement
i believe they also get access to the club level with those seats so they could be up there as well

I want to sit in First Class everytime I fly.....BUT I'm NOT willing to pay that ridiculous price for the "privilege". Its not worth it to me.

So until they charge a reasonable price for those seats at Hard Rock they'll go unused or rarely filled.

I file it under this....NOT MY PROBLEM....because my seats are fine on the plane and at Hard Rock

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wonder if allowing players guests those seats would be okay. I had a gator player relative that got me seats in the swamp, horrible seats. Bleachers with tape marks for my location which was barely wide enough for a skinny person. I know players get an allotment and giving family nice seats would be a coup. Also recruits unless it would be a recruiting violation, doubt it would be so why not use it as a benefit in recruiting.

They should donate them to vet tix. That's what I did with the rest of my season tickets. I'm hoping to write that **** off come tax man time. I'm still on the fence whether or not I'll go to the Duke game. I'm definitely going to the FSU game. It'll give me a chance to see my pops and throw rocks at my old high school.

Most people are downstairs in the restaurant or upstairs in the club level. It’s not as bad as it looks. The section is just better suited for NFL.

Advertisement
Saw Frenk, James and Bass all sucking up to them Friday night. I was laughing thinking they're trying to do damage control and milking them for more donations. That's when we needed a banner! LOL
Funniest part was they were sloppy drunk all in their faces!

I wonder if allowing players guests those seats would be okay. I had a gator player relative that got me seats in the swamp, horrible seats. Bleachers with tape marks for my location which was barely wide enough for a skinny person. I know players get an allotment and giving family nice seats would be a coup. Also recruits unless it would be a recruiting violation, doubt it would be so why not use it as a benefit in recruiting.
But was it on campus?

Saw Frenk, James and Bass all sucking up to them Friday night. I was laughing thinking they're trying to do damage control and milking them for more donations. That's when we needed a banner! LOL

i mean i hope they were sucking off to them. we need those donations. they matter more than us.

i mean i hope they were sucking off to them. we need those donations. they matter more than us.
I know I just thought it was funny, especially them being sloppy. Honestly, it doesn't even matter until those higher ups are gone.

Advertisement
I could be wrong, but don't think there are as many of them as there used to be. If this season doesn't turns out to be a shart show, there will be even less of them.

I want to sit in First Class everytime I fly.....BUT I'm NOT willing to pay that ridiculous price for the "privilege". Its not worth it to me.

So until they charge a reasonable price for those seats at Hard Rock they'll go unused or rarely filled.

I file it under this....NOT MY PROBLEM....because my seats are fine on the plane and at Hard Rock

First of all, those seats are 100% sold, so it doesn’t matter what price they charge. The problem is that many golden canes don’t fill them. Actually, some of them are actually at the game, they are just not sitting in their seats. Some are with friends in another luxury suite, or in the lounge, and of course some don’t show.

These are people that are at minimum contributing at least close to $20,000 a year, many much more than that, so nobody’s gonna say shlt to them about them being in their seats or not.

First of all, those seats are 100% sold, so it doesn’t matter what price they charge. The problem is that many golden canes don’t fill them. Actually, some of them are actually at the game, they are just not sitting in their seats. Some are with friends in another luxury suite, or in the lounge, and of course some don’t show.

These are people that are at minimum contributing at least close to $20,000 a year, many much more than that, so nobody’s gonna say shlt to them about them being in their seats or not.
Wish they could be used by under privileged kids from Dade/Broward county since already paid for. Future Canes

Advertisement
Wish they could be used by under privileged kids from Dade/Broward county since already paid for. Future Canes

It’s really incumbent on the actual seat owners. I would do it. They should be filling those seats with someone, but clearly you can’t give them a hard time if you’re UM. Those people are the big money for the program.

Classic; "sucking up"— as if that isn't literally the job description of every athletic director in the nation—"glad-handing"—but when an AD our fans don't like does it, it's sucking up. What a joke.

They should eliminate anything named Golden. Name it anything, but something so cancerous related to the Canes program. Of all the second tier/blue light special coaches that have been hired he was the absolute worst. I hate that jersey scumbag and his jersey douche friend more than anyone related to Canes mediocrity. **** fat Al, his whole family and everything Doh’Nofrio that exists.

Go Canes!

As I said before... NOT MY PROBLEM ...nor do I care. I've got and like the seats that I have.

Hopefully someone else appreciated the information you provided.

Thanks

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back