Golden Canes Section

I went with my friend who’s a golden cane. Seats are 1st row on the 48 behind the bench. The lounge area club access is filled with carving stations and food and drink, TVs, bars. A lot of people are there not sitting in the seats.

Advertisement
Just another example of the people with influence over this program not giving a f@ck.

Yet inexplicably they donate just under 20k a year and well beyond in many cases. Guess they just don't like money and are frivolous with it.

Of course they care, but to a lot of people it's a social and networking opportunity. The game, they can watch it inside as well as outside.

It's greedy UM. They want way too much money for those seats ever since the remod of the stadium. It's a joke. Every home game since, with the exception of Notre Sham, it has empty seats.

Advertisement
It's greedy UM. They want way too much money for those seats ever since the remod of the stadium. It's a joke. Every home game since, with the exception of Notre Sham, it has empty seats.
This is a big issue, every year the cost has gone up significantly for most sections. The Golden Canes and Living room box has been the same for a few years but you're talking 25k and 55k, people that pay that can afford to not care.

Advertisement
I went with my friend who’s a golden cane. Seats are 1st row on the 48 behind the bench. The lounge area club access is filled with carving stations and food and drink, TVs, bars. A lot of people are there not sitting in the seats.
You forgot to add or maybe figured it's implied. All that in the lounge club access is free. Including the Drinks. I got tickets in those seats for the Wisconsin OB game a couple years back. They included all the free food and drinks and sideline access behind the bench all the way down to the Canes smoke entrance to the field. It was pretty awesome experience. It's like a high end restaurant in there with table service. I didn't expect that at all. I can see why some of them stay in there. The 72 club is beyond sweet.

They should donate them to vet tix. That's what I did with the rest of my season tickets. I'm hoping to write that **** off come tax man time. I'm still on the fence whether or not I'll go to the Duke game. I'm definitely going to the FSU game. It'll give me a chance to see my pops and throw rocks at my old high school.

With the standard deduction being so high, very few people are able to write off charitable contributions anymore.

Advertisement
With the standard deduction being so high, very few people are able to write off charitable contributions anymore.
You're probably right. I had a unicorn year for me and am now a cat 4 donor to Miami. I'm searching for deductions like a meth addict. If I still lived in Miami I'd be going to the games instead.

You forgot to add or maybe figured it's implied. All that in the lounge club access is free. Including the Drinks. I got tickets in those seats for the Wisconsin OB game a couple years back. They included all the free food and drinks and sideline access behind the bench all the way down to the Canes smoke entrance to the field. It was pretty awesome experience. It's like a high end restaurant in there with table service. I didn't expect that at all. I can see why some of them stay in there. The 72 club is beyond sweet.
Nothing is “free”

You're probably right. I had a unicorn year for me and am now a cat 4 donor to Miami. I'm searching for deductions like a meth addict. If I still lived in Miami I'd be going to the games instead.
Only donations not attached to the tickets are tax deductible, I believe it's still 80%

Advertisement
Just another example of the people with influence over this program not giving a f@ck.

you really said that while not donating a fraction of what they do? come on. they have lounge access w their tickets. go up to the lounge and youll see where theyre at.

This is a big issue, every year the cost has gone up significantly for most sections. The Golden Canes and Living room box has been the same for a few years but you're talking 25k and 55k, people that pay that can afford to not care.

i dont think its a lack of caring. theyre there just in the lounges (i dotn blame them). if you walk around the 100s, youll see tons of people in the bar area where they have a million tvs and the beer garden area. theres tons to do in the stadium that doenst involve being in your seat. i prefer to be in my seat, but ****, even i move around to other areas (visiting friends for a bit) so my seat will look empty at times.

i dont think its a lack of caring. theyre there just in the lounges (i dotn blame them). if you walk around the 100s, youll see tons of people in the bar area where they have a million tvs and the beer garden area. theres tons to do in the stadium that doenst involve being in your seat. i prefer to be in my seat, but ****, even i move around to other areas (visiting friends for a bit) so my seat will look empty at times.
I get that, I'm mainly referring to the people that actually do buy tickets and don't show up. I know a lot of areas where the seats are sold but no one is there, which means they're not even selling or giving them away. It's crazy to me, like what's the point? I get the season tickets are cheaper than just the big games in most areas but not the premium ones.

Advertisement
Back