Golden bails on Hurricane Hotline tonight

its the Urban Myer condition.

after a loss and a fan base to answer to it neaks up on you and you only get better when you in a bs game

Advertisement
Matt Porter @mattyports · 17m

Per UM, Al Golden won't be on Hurricane Hotline tonight. Blake James will, at 7, followed by Art Kehoe, Jon Feliciano and Anthony Chickillo.

Either a family matter or the school is protecting him like the Secret Service

A couple of changes, but basically the same set up as after Louisville. Ok, lets take what bomb said as being the reason. Is it one of his parents or his wife's? If it is one of his folks, I **** well expect him to be on the next plane to Newark or Philly out of MIA or private out of Opa Locka to Colts Neck. I would expect he would desiginate another coach (if not to the media) as acting HC and take care of my #1 priority. If it is her's, than she (with their children), should leave to wherever they are, but he continue on with his schedule, make the necessary contingency plans (acting HC, flight arrangements made) and wait for word. Right now, he appears to be avoiding the large media events and cherry picking his exposure, i.e. being a coward as whatthehell described.

Does Golden's contract have a media "face of the program" clause in it? After the PSU fiasco, this latest dodge could possibly be a breach of contract issue.

I can dream, can't I?

its the Urban Myer condition.

after a loss and a fan base to answer to it neaks up on you and you only get better when you in a bs game

Except with Meyer it legitimately makes him ill to lose. It ruins his life.

Fat Al is so used to it it doesn't phase him. He just can't take the tough questions from fans that he may not have a bull**** stat/excuse for.

Perhaps he should just step down to deal with the "personal issues".

Shoot I wouldn't be against giving him a reasonable buyout for him to put his amply first.

Advertisement
2 Losses = doesn't make his scheduled appearance on Hurricane Hotline
2 Wins = "oh hey guys great to be here at Hurricane Hotline"

I guess the mysterious family illness only comes out after a loss.

864858237.gif

When was this?

A question was asked about bar milo and since he can't answer it he did that

Advertisement
There is an illness in his family. I saw someone suggest that a parent is very sick and they are dealing, but I couldn't say.

Maybe he can take time off to deal with that and use that as an excuse to leave the program.

Advertisement
****, what's being lost here and I'm not sure I saw anyone mention it, but Kehoe will be on. While I don't believe he's very good at his job, he gets a lot of respect from me for doing the show.

I think he should resign immediately so he can focus his full attention on this illness in his family.

Advertisement
So, if I understand, Al has "family issues". Where did it say it was "health" related? It could be that his wife told him to fire Coach D and when he refused, she kicked him out of the house. His penalty clause with her would be 50% plus child support......

Advertisement
Back