Goat

Counterpoint.....

Manning had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Edgerrin James for most of his career....

Brady was winning Superbowls with Deion Branch and David Givens as his top WR's and Kevin Faulk as his running back.

Seems Relevant.

You've never seen Brady win without Belichick's leadership, defense, and roster management.

Seems relevant.

Advertisement
An excellent choice.....but......was he truly the "boss".....or just a cog in the Angela/Mona/Alyssa Milano machine?

Alan Thicke is my GOAT. A multi-tool force that was impossible to gameplan for. RIP you magnificent *******. RIP.
Danza was just the wingman for Danny Devito...I wonder if that show would now be called "Uber"

The cancellation of Thicke of the Night was a sad day for North American cultural literacy...On the upside, progeny Robin Thicke can now be seen guessing whether the masked singing rhinoceros is Kim Kardashian or Betty White.

So you agree it was dumb point to be brought up about being "lucky to get Goff".

Think it was more Brady was lucky to get the Rams poor defense, even though they were effective in the SB. The only reason Tom Brady should be happy to get Goff is Brees is a far better QB and can adjust better than Goff; that's the part that comes into the winning aspect. Goff looked lost during the SB, Brees likely would've looked better.

You've never seen Brady win without Belichick's leadership, defense, and roster management.

Seems relevant.

Brady also has had defenses that are littered with future hall of famers and had Moss and Gronkoswki. Brady didn't exactly take scrubs to all of these SBs. New England's offenses also highlight slot receivers like Wes Welker and now Julian Edelman.

Danza was just the wingman for Danny Devito...I wonder if that show would now be called "Uber"

The cancellation of Thicke of the Night was a sad day for North American cultural literacy...On the upside, progeny Robin Thicke can now be seen guessing whether the masked singing rhinoceros is Kim Kardashian or Betty White.

Hahaha. They'd probably go the lame route with a fictitious name. A show about the antics of "Lyfter" drivers in Brooklyn.

Robin Thicke actually sounds verrrry much like his late great father in cadence and accent. I'm undetermined if it makes me happy or sad when I hear the voice contemplating if the masked peacock is a magician....or a famous chef.....or Bella Hadid.

Advertisement

Seems relevant.

No but I am going to keep repeating this.....

I saw the Patriots score 589 points in 2007......Brady got hurt and they scored 410 points the following year with Casell.

Entire same offense was back...Welker & Moss playing at Pro Bowl levels, entire offensive line....

2007 Brady 4806 Yards 50 TD 8 Int 68.9 Comp% 117.2 Rating 88.5 QBR 8.3 Yrds/attempt 21 Sacks 589 Points Scored
2008 Cassell 3693 Yards 21 TD 11 Int 63.4 Comp% 89.4 Rating 65.3 QBR 7.2 Yrds/attempt 47 Sacks 410 Points Scored

But keep telling me it is all "coaching".

Think it was more Brady was lucky to get the Rams poor defense, even though they were effective in the SB. The only reason Tom Brady should be happy to get Goff is Brees is a far better QB and can adjust better than Goff; that's the part that comes into the winning aspect. Goff looked lost during the SB, Brees likely would've looked better.

No, it was lucky for Brady to get Goff. Of course they don't play each other, but Brady's team played Goff's team. It helps to win a game when the other QB/offense is so incompetent that they score 3 points. And of course, as I've been saying this entire thread, a lot of that production (or lack thereof) goes to Belichick. Belichick = GOAT. Brady = Excellent QB. Not the best QB that's ever played. And really not that close.

Hahaha. They'd probably go the lame route with a fictitious name. A show about the antics of "Lyfter" drivers in Brooklyn.

Robin Thicke actually sounds verrrry much like his late great father in cadence and accent. I'm undetermined if it makes me happy or sad when I hear the voice contemplating if the masked peacock is a magician....or a famous chef.....or Bella Hadid.
Definitely miss Alan Thicke...much more than I miss Kirk Cameron or any of the other Seavers....But, this much can be said about Alan Thicke's death....He died in the best possible manner - Fast.

No but I am going to keep repeating this.....

I saw the Patriots score 589 points in 2007......Brady got hurt and they scored 410 points the following year with Casell.

Entire same offense was back...Welker & Moss playing at Pro Bowl levels, entire offensive line....

2007 Brady 4806 Yards 50 TD 8 Int 68.9 Comp% 117.2 Rating 88.5 QBR 8.3 Yrds/attempt 21 Sacks 589 Points Scored
2008 Cassell 3693 Yards 21 TD 11 Int 63.4 Comp% 89.4 Rating 65.3 QBR 7.2 Yrds/attempt 47 Sacks 410 Points Scored

But keep telling me it is all "coaching".

You've shown that Tom Brady is better than Matt Cassel. Well done.

Advertisement
No, it was lucky for Brady to get Goff. Of course they don't play each other, but Brady's team played Goff's team. It helps to win a game when the other QB/offense is so incompetent that they score 3 points. And of course, as I've been saying this entire thread, a lot of that production (or lack thereof) goes to Belichick. Belichick = GOAT. Brady = Excellent QB. Not the best QB that's ever played. And really not that close.

I was more referencing lucky for Brady's individual production to face the Rams since their defense wasn't that good this year. But since Brady fans like to hinge team success solely to Brady, then yes, he got luckier playing Goff.

And we're in agreement, the Patriots success is more attributed to Belichick in terms of GOAT status. Having said that, Brady's still an elite QB and is deserving of being a 1st ballot HOFer when his time rolls around. But the Brady slurpers make the majority that often praise him, have to then take a negative stance against him.

You've shown that Tom Brady is better than Matt Cassel. Well done.

Seriously, it just proves even more that Belichick's the GOAT coach that he was able to pull out 11 wins with a crap QB in Cassel. These guys make the argument for us. No one's saying Brady's a scrub of a QB, he's just not the clear definitive GOAT. He is a Mount Rushmore QB right there with Montana, Manning, etc..

Context is a wonderful thing as well. Montana is considered one of the all-time greats for his performances and having 4 super bowl rings. Terry Bradshaw also has 4 super bowl rings and no one even mentions him in that discussion. Aikman has 3 rings and was the QB for one of the greatest dynasties, yet no one puts him in the discussion. Marino doesn't have one single ring to his name and people put him well above Bradshaw and Aikman. Team structure and coaching matter, gents.

IDK a couple of your statements seem over the top and take away from what I think is an otherwise valid argument....

Calling the Rams offense incompetent for that game is fine, but prior to that game Mcvay was the wizz-kid, offensive mastermind and the rams that averaged the second most points in the league this year at 32 only scored 3 is also a big credit to the defense. If the Rams scored TD's on 3 straight possession, you still think Brady has those numbers? Of course not, they then start pushing the ball downfield and the whole gameplan changes.

Then you say "not that close" for Brady being considered the GOAT... even opposing players say how well Brady is able to diagnose a defense. Belichick is known for his defenses, not like there has been one OC the entire time for Brady, and his record of having the ball inside of two minutes down by a score is insane.

Advertisement
Yes. Because in basketball, individual talent has a higher impact on the game. Coaching is more focused in football where game planning is more effective and having a good-to-great QB (which Brady fits the latter). Bellichick and Flores out-schemed Sean McVay. Once they couldn't get the running game going, their offense was stuck. Bellichick shut down the (2nd if we count KC which there's debate there) best offense in the league and held them to 3 points. Brady did enough to not to lose the game and managed the game; but that shouldn't enforce him as the GOAT QB.
Lmao
Whatever
If it isn’t Brady WHO is it????
Let me know what QB has won more games let me know who has been more clutch, let me know who has made the fewest mistakes, let me know who has gone to more SBs and who has won more and who is more durable and who has maintained a level of excellence that we have seen before???

I will be waiting......forever😂

You need to give credit where it’s due....checking into the right play v Wade is no small task...avoiding sacks etc...you downplay the check down and the simple plays but that’s why he is the GOAT....if it was so easy Kirby freeman like you say and EVERYONE else would do it....brees couldn’t two weeks ago dude.

I do t want to call you a dumbass but.....

Context is a wonderful thing as well. Montana is considered one of the all-time greats for his performances and having 4 super bowl rings. Terry Bradshaw also has 4 super bowl rings and no one even mentions him in that discussion. Aikman has 3 rings and was the QB for one of the greatest dynasties, yet no one puts him in the discussion. Marino doesn't have one single ring to his name and people put him well above Bradshaw and Aikman. Team structure and coaching matter, gents.
Montana 4 Brady 6
Bradshaw 4 but look at his performances they were pedestrian
Aikman again look at it...and I’m a cowboys fan but there is NO Comparison
You are in dreamland buddy

if brady were on the dolphins he'd have 0 superbowls and likely be retired already due to injury. how does that make him the Goat if he would be awful on any other team?
Gee how do you KNOW that?
What are the lottery numbers tonight?
Easy to say

Advertisement
Montana 4 Brady 6
Bradshaw 4 but look at his performances they were pedestrian
Aikman again look at it...and I’m a cowboys fan but there is NO Comparison
You are in dreamland buddy

Thanks for your in-depth analysis. Truly riveting, buddy.

Lmao
Whatever
If it isn’t Brady WHO is it????
Let me know what QB has won more games let me know who has been more clutch, let me know who has made the fewest mistakes, let me know who has gone to more SBs and who has won more and who is more durable and who has maintained a level of excellence that we have seen before???

I will be waiting......forever😂

You need to give credit where it’s due....checking into the right play v Wade is no small task...avoiding sacks etc...you downplay the check down and the simple plays but that’s why he is the GOAT....if it was so easy Kirby freeman like you say and EVERYONE else would do it....brees couldn’t two weeks ago dude.

I do t want to call you a dumbass but.....

How about I call you Brady's cuck then?

Lol
Brees couldn’t even beat Goff at HOME two weeks ago
He looked like ****
And NE would have run right over NO fyi
Rams D was a more
Formidable task

Advertisement
Back