Goat

Advertisement
What? Those patriots defenses used to be elite. And then he always had a better more physical o-line a could lean on the run game in the playoffs. Everything was on peyton arm.

Really? When their rushing leaders were Antowain Smith, Laurence Maroney, Benjarvus Green-Ellis, Steven Ridley, Legarrette Blount? When their receiving leaders were Troy Brown, Deion Branch, Reche Caldwell, Wes Welker, Julian Edelman? I know you can throw Randy Moss in there for a couple seasons, and Gronk is an all-time great tight end. But don't fool yourself into thinking Brady has been playing with an all-star offensive cast for his career. Their offense has been excellent because of him and no one else.

Edge left the colts in like 05. And brady had elite defenses. Brady was a **** game manager in those early years with the patriots. That dude aint better than peyton.

The only truly "elite" defense that either of them ever played with was the defense that carried a broken, awful Manning to a SB in Denver. Brady played with some good defenses in his early years but none were like that Denver defense. Only Dilfer benefited from a defense as much as Manning that year. That SB counts on Manning's all time record, but they won it in spite of him not because of him.

Advertisement
Really? When their rushing leaders were Antowain Smith, Laurence Maroney, Benjarvus Green-Ellis, Steven Ridley, Legarrette Blount? When their receiving leaders were Troy Brown, Deion Branch, Reche Caldwell, Wes Welker, Julian Edelman? I know you can throw Randy Moss in there for a couple seasons, and Gronk is an all-time great tight end. But don't fool yourself into thinking Brady has been playing with an all-star offensive cast for his career. Their offense has been excellent because of him and no one else.
Why do yall keep bringing up offense cast? They were a defensive team. They played defense and ran the ball.

Edge left the colts in like 05. And brady had elite defenses. Brady was a **** game manager in those early years with the patriots. That dude aint better than peyton.

I realize Edge was not on the Colts the whole time. Neither was Marvin Harrison. I’m referring to the duration of Manning’s time in Indy.

I’ll not arguing one over the other. There are probably 20 QBs who could be in anyone’s Top 5. And that’s just the SB era. I’d put Staubach, Stabler, Fouts, Marino, Elway, Montana, Young, Favre, Rodgers, Tarkenton, Kelly...you get the point.

Calling Brady a ‘**** game manager’ is ridiculous.

The end.

The only truly "elite" defense that either of them ever played with was the defense that carried a broken, awful Manning to a SB in Denver. Brady played with some good defenses in his early years but none were like that Denver defense. Only Dilfer benefited from a defense as much as Manning that year. That SB counts on Manning's all time record, but they won it in spite of him not because of him.
Those patriot defenses were elite. With law, seymour, mcginnest, bruschi, vrabel and all them guys.

Advertisement
Im gone leave it at this. When peyton had the neck issue and missed the season the colts ended up being the worst team in the league. Tom brady missed a year with a torn acl and the patriots still won 11 games.

I am not saying Peyton is better, but Brady beating Manning with a far superior team does not mean Brady is better than Manning. Otherwise we could say Malik Rosier is better than Logan Woodside.
Brady even said himself that if you put Aaron Rodgers in the patriots system that he would be a million times more decorated than himself

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m sorry that’s An awful barometer to judge qbs off of ... I mean ffs I’d rather have Phillip rivers, tony Romo or Matt Ryan before joe Flacco

QBs shouldn’t be judged solely off of Super Bowl wins but it’s a good tool to use to differentiate between the greats. How do you determine who is better between Rodgers, Brady, and Montana? Stats can only get you so far

Of course he would have preferred a ring. My point is more SB rings does not mean someone is better than someone else.

In and of itself, I agree. I’ve always thought Bob Greise to be the most overrated QB of the 70s. Sure, he won consecutive SBs. He threw the ball less than 25 times in both games COMBINED. Maybe less than 20 times.

I will add, for the sake of good conversion, the lack of a SB win is what diminishes the careers of Fouts, Marino, and other QBs. They put big numbers in their eras, and even won a lot of games, but never won a championship.

Advertisement
In and of itself, I agree. I’ve always thought Bob Greise to be the most overrated QB of the 70s. Sure, he won consecutive SBs. He threw the ball less than 25 times in both games COMBINED. Maybe less than 20 times.

I will add, for the sake of good conversion, the lack of a SB win is what diminishes the careers of Fouts, Marino, and other QBs. They put big numbers in their eras, and even won a lot of games, but never won a championship.

It will definetly be a mark on their record, but if they got lucky and landed on a stacked team they too could have been 5x SB champs.

It's a far superior team, because Brady's the quarterback.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Back