Go after Kevin Patrick

Where does 20% come from? Is he happy in Raleigh? What is NC's state income tax because Florida doesn't have any? Do you understand that someone might want to go back to their alma mater even if the money is only slightly better?

Do you see how you're making stuff up?

What are you some type of Fanook, where is this negativity coming from. Don't make this personal this is business you're not thinking with your big head.

NC State income tax is 5.75% So based on him currently making $500K bonus included that's only a $25K cost savings in relocation which will be easily negated by the increase in cost of living delta between North Carolina and South Florida.

Go Canes

Advertisement
What are you some type of Fanook, where is this negativity coming from.

Don't make this personal this is business you're not thinking with your big head.

NC State income tax is 5.75% So based on him currently making $500K bonus included that's only a $25K cost savings in relocation which will be easily negated by the increase in cost of living delta between North Carolina and South Florida.

Go Canes

You're just a potato Paranoid. Your post was based on nothing but Paranoid illogical bullchit. You don't know the guy, you don't know the family and you don't know what it would take. Maybe he doesn't like Raleigh. Maybe he loves Raleigh.

You don't even look at the big picture like where he went to school and how much that matters.

So take off the tinfoil helmet, quit chugging cack and porst less.

I'm surprised we haven't gone after him sooner. He had that USF D-Line NASTY when he was there. He's one of the best in the business.

That would be roughly a 20% raise. He's got a good situation at NC state so even though he's coming home to Miami he's gonna want more money especially considering it's more expensive to live in South Florida area that it is to live in North Carolina. KP is a smart business man ( built a multi-million $ medical billing business) as well as a very good dline coach.

An before you ask me how I know about his company here is a link.
http://gousfbulls.com/staff.aspx?staff=188

Go Canes
You have ZERO clue on what it would take for him to leave NCST.

Where does 20% come from? Is he happy in Raleigh? What is NC's state income tax because Florida doesn't have any? Do you understand that someone might want to go back to their alma mater even if the money is only slightly better?

Do you see how you're making stuff up?

Agree with this. Also, when you're making well over $300k per year, at that point, a minor raise/decrease in salary isn't going to make much of a difference. Especially if moving back to Miami is something that KP desires.

Advertisement
What are you some type of Fanook, where is this negativity coming from. Don't make this personal this is business you're not thinking with your big head.

NC State income tax is 5.499% So based on him currently making $500K bonus included that's only a $25K cost savings in relocation which will be easily negated by the increase in cost of living delta between North Carolina and South Florida.

Go Canes
FIFY

Agree with this. Also, when you're making well over $300k per year, at that point, a minor raise/decrease in salary isn't going to make much of a difference. Especially if moving back to Miami is something that KP desires.

$100k is minor. Ohhh ok

You're just a potato Paranoid. Your post was based on nothing but Paranoid illogical bullchit. You don't know the guy, you don't know the family and you don't know what it would take. Maybe he doesn't like Raleigh. Maybe he loves Raleigh.

You don't even look at the big picture like where he went to school and how much that matters.

So take off the tinfoil helmet, quit chugging cack and porst less.

I never said I knew the guy, As for my numbers that comes from common sense for any normal person with a family considering a job relo. Again I understand he is a UM HOFer but it's also about business. And as for not liking Raleigh the research triangle is gorgeous and it's one the best place to live in the whole country especially if you're pulling down 500 K/ year.

Go Cane

Advertisement
$100k is minor. Ohhh ok

You're speaking in hypotheticals. You have no idea what Kool was making at Miami and what KP was/is/could be offered at Miami. I'm saying if KP was making about $365k at NC St. and came to Miami at around $345 it's not as noticeable when you're making that much money.

How about you go sit in the corner continuing flinging crap all over the place talking about DTs that never really materialize into anything, Parrotnose?

I never said I knew the guy, As for my numbers that comes from common sense for any normal person with a family considering a job relo. Again I understand he is a UM HOFer but it's also about business. And as for not liking Raleigh the research triangle is gorgeous and it's one the best place to live in the whole country especially if you're pulling down 500 K/ year.

Go Cane

Keep porsting Paranoid.

Why only “Go Cane”? Are you only supporting one Cane?

Advertisement
well you have 17k posts since 2012 and yours have downgraded so

Oh no a downgraded post. Who ***ing cares? When you have no retorts, go on a tangent.

Side note: I am waiting for answers to my questions from you. Do you need me to repeat those questions?

Going from NCSt to UM is like going from JV coach to Varsity. Even if the money isn't a huge difference, you're going from a top 50 program to a top 15 program with legit aspirations for national titles. Nobody is winning jack **** at State unless you count Atlantic division runner up as trophy worthy. Job security here is second to none. We all know Richt isn't going anywhere until he retires and he has a reputation for keeping his assistants around (even if they don't sometimes deserve to be retained). NCSt is another 4 win season from shaking up their whole coaching staff again. There's literally no reason for Patrick not to come to Miami unless he's just so in love with living in Carolina, that he can't imagine moving.

Advertisement
Going from NCSt to UM is like going from JV coach to Varsity. Even if the money isn't a huge difference, you're going from a top 50 program to a top 15 program with legit aspirations for national titles. Nobody is winning jack **** at State unless you count Atlantic division runner up as trophy worthy. Job security here is second to none. We all know Richt isn't going anywhere until he retires and he has a reputation for keeping his assistants around (even if they don't sometimes deserve to be retained). NCSt is another 4 win season from shaking up their whole coaching staff again. There's literally no reason for Patrick not to come to Miami unless he's just so in love with living in Carolina, that he can't imagine moving.

Plus he went to school/played here.

I covered his NC state salary of $350+$95K in my initial post which is on the 2nd page. So my numbers are accurate.

Go Canes

The $95k are bonuses that are either met or not met. Do you know the details of his contract and whether he met those requirements to be granted said bonus? You also mentioned earlier that he was making $500k per year.

Go Cane

You are a monumental buffoon.

He also has 2 young daughters in school who play volleyball. Maybe there are educational and athletic opportunities in Dade County that far surpass Raleigh, NC.

Oh, but no parent has ever changed jobs to support and provide better opportunities for their children, right? It's "all about the business", according to your brilliance.

You point out the guy previously built up a business, and that he is is not exactly hurting for money, and then you act like this decision will be based solely on a few dollars.

And don't even get me started about how he would have "better tools" to work his craft in Miami.

Are you also one of those idiots who thinks that every recruit, no matter how well off his family is, needs to be paid off?

How about this, in this thread where we are simply discussing who SHOULD be hired, why don't you just keep your salary ideas to yourself?

Advertisement
Back