Gleeson Insight

NJshoreCane

Go Bust Someone Else’s Balls
Premium
For you guys in the Gleeson Camp...Manny was in touch.
Here's what went down:

Hey Mike:

Sorry I've been so long getting back to you but I had surgery for a torn retina and have to lie face down for five days. Can't see anything. Long story short, when Sean was hired at OSU, Gundy passed over a guy who'd been there for nine years. The guy complained so much, Gundy made him asst. Head coach. End of the year, he threatened to take a job at UNLV if he wasn't made a co-coordinator. So Gundy relented and asked Sean to share the position, which, for obvious reasons, he wasn't thrilled about. Texas reached out to Sean but hired Ohio State's coordinator. Manny Diaz called three times but I think he got spooked by the rumors of dysfunction in Oklahoma which is a shame. Hence, Rutgers. Schiano is letting him pick his offensive staff and he's getting more money, a hundred percent guaranteed contract. Trying to remain optimistic because Miami would have been a helluva nice place to visit rather than Piscataway.

I was hoping for Sean to get the position.
As posted in another thread, Manny had him hired as the OC at Temple.
His offense would have been a great fit...
and a sideline pass every once in a while would have been nice.

Lashlee's our guy now.
!!!!!GO!!!!!
!!CANES!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here's what went down:

Hey Mike:

Sorry I've been so long getting back to you but I had surgery for a torn retina and have to lie face down for five days. Can't see anything. Long story short, when Sean was hired at OSU, Gundy passed over a guy who'd been there for nine years. The guy complained so much, Gundy made him asst. Head coach. End of the year, he threatened to take a job at UNLV if he wasn't made a co-coordinator. So Gundy relented and asked Sean to share the position, which, for obvious reasons, he wasn't thrilled about. Texas reached out to Sean but hired Ohio State's coordinator. Manny Diaz called three times but I think he got spooked by the rumors of dysfunction in Oklahoma which is a shame. Hence, Rutgers. Schiano is letting him pick his offensive staff and he's getting more money, a hundred percent guaranteed contract. Trying to remain optimistic because Miami would have been a helluva nice place to visit rather than Piscataway.

Lashlee's our guy now.
!!!!!GO!!!!!
!!CANES!!
So Manure thought there was dysfunction (pot meet keddle) and that Gleeson was part of the reason?

Here's what went down:

Hey Mike:

Lashlee's our guy now.
!!!!!GO!!!!!
!!CANES!!

By far, the funniest part is the bit about Manny being spooked by dysfunction in another school's football program.

Hilarious.

Advertisement
Advertisement
tenor-2.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
LOL. This is revisionist. Lets pull the Gleeson thread from when it was rumored he was going to be OC here under Richt and see what people had to say abou him. Richt Jr was the prevailing thought iirc.
What does that have to do with anything?

That was two years ago.

He’s done great work since then.

And I’m pretty sure I never commented on him back then.

Here's what went down:

Hey Mike:

Lashlee's our guy now.
!!!!!GO!!!!!
!!CANES!!

Gleeson would have been great and was one of my top choices as well, but I don't think Lashleee is a consolation prize. I have watched 6 full SMU games since he was hired (including 2 losses), he is a good hire for us. We might have caught lightning in a bottle!

Sorry you missed out on them sideline passes.

I think many is scarred from eons lol. Being the reason he spooked from Gleeson. I like gleeson because he is a run first spread guy. Lashlee is a great hire though

Advertisement
Back