Gleeson Insight

Advertisement
LOL. This is revisionist. Lets pull the Gleeson thread from when it was rumored he was going to be OC here under Richt and see what people had to say abou him. Richt Jr was the prevailing thought iirc.

Revisionist? NYstate? How can you say that? Are you talking about how he claimed Lashlee was a "coup" for Edsall to hire at UConn, and that he was far too good for UConn, but now that Miami is hiring Lashlee (after three successful years at UConn and SMU) he is only a "C grade" hire by Miami?

I can't imagine that NYstate would be a revisionist on anything. After all, he is completely honest about his homosexuality. Right? Right?

Though we could guess that Manny was a little more than tempted by reaching out 3 times.
This is my other question, did they ever speak? He definitely had to have real interest to call 3 times and I'm sure he could have eased his mind if they spoke. Or did he shun manure by not answering/returning his calls?

For you guys in the Gleeson Camp...Manny was in touch.
Here's what went down:

Hey Mike:

Sorry I've been so long getting back to you but I had surgery for a torn retina and have to lie face down for five days. Can't see anything. Long story short, when Sean was hired at OSU, Gundy passed over a guy who'd been there for nine years. The guy complained so much, Gundy made him asst. Head coach. End of the year, he threatened to take a job at UNLV if he wasn't made a co-coordinator. So Gundy relented and asked Sean to share the position, which, for obvious reasons, he wasn't thrilled about. Texas reached out to Sean but hired Ohio State's coordinator. Manny Diaz called three times but I think he got spooked by the rumors of dysfunction in Oklahoma which is a shame. Hence, Rutgers. Schiano is letting him pick his offensive staff and he's getting more money, a hundred percent guaranteed contract. Trying to remain optimistic because Miami would have been a helluva nice place to visit rather than Piscataway.

I was hoping for Sean to get the position.
As posted in another thread, Manny had him hired as the OC at Temple.
His offense would have been a great fit...
and a sideline pass every once in a while would have been nice.

Lashlee's our guy now.
!!!!!GO!!!!!
!!CANES!!

Gundy doesn't strike me as guy (or any decent HC really) who promotes a guy for being whiny and annoying.. Weird story.

Advertisement
What does that have to do with anything?

That was two years ago.

He’s done great work since then.

And I’m pretty sure I never commented on him back then.

Well, you called Lashlee a "coup" for Randy Edsall to hire, and you said that Lashlee was too good for UConn.

He's "done great work since then", but you've downgraded Lashlee to a C grade.

Just stop rewriting history. We have the receipts.

Advertisement
Gleeson would have been great and was one of my top choices as well, but I don't think Lashleee is a consolation prize. I have watched 6 full SMU games since he was hired (including 2 losses), he is a good hire for us. We might have caught lightning in a bottle!

Sorry you missed out on them sideline passes.

You don't have to convince me on the Lashlee hire.
I like it.

The thread isn't pro Gleeson or against Lashlee.
I'm just putting out there what i know.

Well, you called Lashlee a "coup" for Randy Edsall to hire, and you said that Lashlee was too good for UConn.

He's "done great work since then", but you've downgraded Lashlee to a C grade.

Just stop rewriting history. We have the receipts.

You don’t have ****.

You twisted my words like a 13 year HS gossip girl.

Bump the thread if you’re so confident.

More impressed with a guy being able to lie face down for 5 days.
My law partner had a detached retina this year. They put gas bubbles behind your eye to keep the retina in place while it heals. You can only get up for 10 minutes, very two hours. He said it was a nightmare. Fwiw

Advertisement
No.

I praised UConn for hiring Lashlee and said “while he has his flaws, he’s way too good for UConn. Coup for Esdall.”

Liar. That IS praise. You can't stick a small qualifier on there ("while he has his flaws") and then claim that your praise is not praise.

1. Way too good for UConn
2. Coup for Edsall
3. Oh, but "he has his flaws"

Sorry, but as Meatloaf once said, two out of three ain't bad.

That's praise.

You don’t have ****.

You twisted my words like a 13 year HS gossip girl.

Bump the thread if you’re so confident.

Bump the thread? You had it expunged.

I already bumped the thread once and you got ****y about it.

It's pretty sad when you claim that DIRECT QUOTES are "twisting your words".

Advertisement
Bump the thread? You had it expunged.

I already bumped the thread once and you got ****y about it.

Now you’re just flat out lying.

You never bumped the thread.

You quoted it in my “rate Lashlee’s hire” thread.

And a big LOL at me having the power to get rid of threads I don’t like.

Half the mods hate me.

Can you imagine if Manny did something like that? He'd be rightly crucified. Maybe this dude in question has ties to big donors or kompromat or something..

This is the guy:

Advertisement
Back