Glad Willis returns next year

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
With both of our starting DT's more than likely heading for the league, I am relieved that Willis is returning next year. That will really help us transition to the following season with the youth we'll have at DT. It's good for him (up his stock for the draft) and great for us.

Advertisement
Based on how this year is going. RJ is gone Norton stays but I wouldn't be surprised if both stayed but RJ is most likely. If both leave I hope next year DL is DE - Gravin/DJ, or D-Jax DT - Bethel, DT - Willis, DE - JJ. I like this lineup. Silvera, Ford, Fines, and I hope they move Patchan back to DE.

Based on how this year is going. RJ is gone Norton stays but I wouldn't be surprised if both stayed but RJ is most likely. If both leave I hope next year DL is DE - Gravin/DJ, or D-Jax DT - Bethel, DT - Willis, DE - JJ. I like this lineup. Silvera, Ford, Fines, and I hope they move Patchan back to DE.

Way I see the D Line Shaking out in 2018:

WDE: Joe Jackson, Garvin, Rousseau
3 Tech DT: Willis, Bethel, (DJ Johnson??) Briggs, Martin
1 Tech Nose: Norton??, Ford, Silvera, Fines
SDE: DJack, Patchan, DJ Johnson

I see Patchan clearly moving back to SDE. With Langham showing so much promise he can fill the Njoku hybrid role. Also Brevin Jordan will be equal to or an improvement to the Herndon TE.

Advertisement
I dont think norton or mcintosh should or will leave early. They both are looking at best going in the 3rd round but more than likely 4th.

Ain't nothin wrong with having a 30 yr old grown man anchoring your line! I just wish we played UiF next year.

Advertisement
And you know his how? Did I miss something?
Based on the report he's on the scout team right now.

Long way to go for this guy but hopefully it works out

Soooo theres no quote of him saying hes gonna return next year and OP is just pulling this out of his ***? Fake News?

Richt mentioned that Willis is the toughest player on the scout team to go against yesterday. Are you insinuating that Willis is spending his season playing scout team with no intention of returning next year?

Soooo theres no quote of him saying hes gonna return next year and OP is just pulling this out of his ***? Fake News?

Richt mentioned that Willis is the toughest player on the scout team to go against yesterday. Are you insinuating that Willis is spending his season playing scout team with no intention of returning next year?

Yes

Advertisement

Yes

So what's he going to do next season?

Not that I am aware of.

Im definitely of the mindset (and always have been with Willis) that I don't count on him unless he's actually on the field.

I have to think if richt agreed to take him back it was with an understanding that he is playing next year. I doubt richt would take him back just to practice and bolt again.

Advertisement
I have to think if richt agreed to take him back it was with an understanding that he is playing next year. I doubt richt would take him back just to practice and bolt again.

I agree but what can Richt really do if he wants to go be an undrafted free agent? From all reports, the kid is the goods and if true, he will find a spot on an NFL roster.

i'd like to think richt had a talk with him and took him back at his word. sure, he can ***** richt over and bolt, but, I don't agree that he'll find a spot on a roster without playing his final year.

Not that I am aware of.

Im definitely of the mindset (and always have been with Willis) that I don't count on him unless he's actually on the field.
His dad said he was at the end of august

Advertisement
Back