Glad Willis returns next year

I have to think if richt agreed to take him back it was with an understanding that he is playing next year. I doubt richt would take him back just to practice and bolt again.

I agree but what can Richt really do if he wants to go be an undrafted free agent? From all reports, the kid is the goods and if true, he will find a spot on an NFL roster.

I've highlighted the problem. All anyone has on Willis is reports. A 5* that didn't pan out at UF. Came to Miami for a second chance and had to take a season off and rock with the scout team. The only game film of him was a little relief duty last year, and aside from a few flashes of the potential he possesses, was pretty underwhelming stuff.

Advertisement
If he leaves for the NFL without playing next year, he will go undrafted. He needs us and game tape more than we need him.

While RJ and Norton have played well but they're far from dominant. If they leave they're making a mistake. Both have awesome size and athleticism but I've seen too many guys that were just as good and made more plays than them get drafted later. See Grady Jarrett

Advertisement
Every year since Willis transferred I have the same high hopes for him and it never pans out. Next year I really hope he shows up with his 5 star potential but I'll belive it AFTER I see it.

And you know his how? Did I miss something?
Based on the report he's on the scout team right now.

Long way to go for this guy but hopefully it works out

Soooo theres no quote of him saying hes gonna return next year and OP is just pulling this out of his ***? Fake News?

Richt mentioned that Willis is the toughest player on the scout team to go against yesterday. Are you insinuating that Willis is spending his season playing scout team with no intention of returning next year?

Yes

Willis said he will be back and pete said he is planning on being back. Where is he going? He isn't going to get drafted.

blackvern hoping he isn't back thinking fsu will have a better chance next year if we don't have him.

Based on the report he's on the scout team right now.

Long way to go for this guy but hopefully it works out

Soooo theres no quote of him saying hes gonna return next year and OP is just pulling this out of his ***? Fake News?

Richt mentioned that Willis is the toughest player on the scout team to go against yesterday. Are you insinuating that Willis is spending his season playing scout team with no intention of returning next year?

Yes

Willis said he will be back and pete said he is planning on being back. Where is he going? He isn't going to get drafted.

SHow me where Willis said that..and yall act like people dont leave early for the draft... He's not gonna go from an undrafted free agent to a 3rd round pick in 1 year with all his issues... that man gonna be 23 next year...I highly doubt he comes back,, but we wills ee

Advertisement

Yes

SHow me where Willis said that..and yall act like people dont leave early for the draft... He's not gonna go from an undrafted free agent to a 3rd round pick in 1 year with all his issues... that man gonna be 23 next year...I highly doubt he comes back,, but we wills ee

Said it on twitter or somewhere else that he was coming back. If he was leaving for the draft he would not have enrolled back in school just for one semester.

At this time last year, we thought he'd be playing this yet. Never know with this guy, but there's no doubt that the INTENTION is for him to be back next year.

While RJ and Norton have played well but they're far from dominant. If they leave they're making a mistake. Both have awesome size and athleticism but I've seen too many guys that were just as good and made more plays than them get drafted later. See Grady Jarrett

They wouldn't be the first.

Advertisement
NFL is much less willing to take chances with high picks on big men who declare early. Been way too many busts with fat guys taking a contract and getting lazy. The more film and data they have on big men the more comfortable they are drafting them high.

NFL is much less willing to take chances with high picks on big men who declare early. Been way too many busts with fat guys taking a contract and getting lazy. The more film and data they have on big men the more comfortable they are drafting them high.

Hopefully Norton and RJ are the players that FINALLY don't make idiotic decisions.

How many players have to be burned for younger guys to finally see the lesson..?

... good news—if he can get his s**t together. At this point, still a long shot to really get it turned around and to be an asset to the program.

Beyond that, I think a few guys will surprise and stick around. Richt will pull a Butch, a la 2001 and hammer these guys that the Canes can be a contender for the Playoffs and 2018 can be a special year (like he did with Ed Reed and Bryant McKinnie, who were both planning to go pro after the 2000 season.)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back