Give Richt a pass in 2016. Yes or No

Advertisement
The only reason dudes are giving him a pass is because they know he's going to be here a long time, and they just can't bring themselves to accept we're going to continue underachieving as a program. So, for their own sanity, they need to blame it on Folden and the players.

Yes, providing he takes corrective steps to improve the program this offseason. He needs to hire and empower an experienced OC, and possibly replace OL coach Searles. He needs to hire coaches of the caliber of Diaz and Kuligowski. Who those coaches are I do not know. Find out and spend the money.

He needs to keep together what appears to be a stellar recruiting class.

I am as disappointed as the next poster but I am trying to be objective. There are so many positives with the program to guard against a knee jerk reaction. The renewed financial commitment to the program is hopefully just the beginning.

Now, if Richt pulls a "Golden' and makes no changes this offseason I'll get a pilots license and fly the banner myself.

Last edited:
The only reason dudes are giving him a pass is because they know he's going to be here a long time, and they just can't bring themselves to accept we're going to continue underachieving as a program. So, for their own sanity, they need to blame it on Folden and the players.

THIS

Advertisement
nope.

It may be his 1st year, but I've been seeing the same thing for at least the last 5 yrs.

Say what you want about what he did at UGA, the one thing he NEVER did is MORE with LESS.

It's groundhog day with this squad, except now the incompetent buffoon at the helm is on the offensive side of the ball.

He is Al Golden on offense. I've alrdy seen enough

I wanna see him with a real Quarterback first before I drop out on him

nope.

It may be his 1st year, but I've been seeing the same thing for at least the last 5 yrs.

Say what you want about what he did at UGA, the one thing he NEVER did is MORE with LESS.

It's groundhog day with this squad, except now the incompetent buffoon at the helm is on the offensive side of the ball.

He is Al Golden on offense. I've alrdy seen enough

He went 13-1 and almost went to the national championship in his SECOND season with trash @ss georgia

that's only 1 real season with "his" recruits

I'd say that's a massive overachievement

Richt is the highest paid head coach in UM history so **** no he doesn't get a pass and to all those posters talking about year 3 or 4 you have lost your ****** mind. Richt has next year to beat FSU and win the **** Coastal if not fly the **** banner.

Advertisement
Richt is the highest paid head coach in UM history so **** no he doesn't get a pass and to all those posters talking about year 3 or 4 you have lost your ****in mind. Richt has next year to beat FSU and win the **** Coastal if not fly the **** banner.

lulz

we're gonna magically have an fbs o line next year eh?

you're gonna see a crap load of true freshmen on this o line next season, some juco transfers as well

Yes.
Obviously something has to change on offense because whatever he is doing is not working. Honeymoon is very short in Miami and fans have the least patience of any fan base in the country. Better hurry up and turn this offense around.

Below was my sentiment when rumors about Richt started back in December. I stick by it. The new norm for this program is 8 wins. Richt ain't going anywhere for at least a decade and this time there won't be anything that gets him fired.

Lol at hiring another team's trash.

He couldn't win it all at Georgia so why not go to Miami where Blake and company will assure him that winning championships isn't important and he can be a lifer.

This program is dead

Advertisement
Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to believe, but I think Kaaya is the biggest issue.

After the FSU game, I thought it was the playcalling. But Kaaya is playing horribly. I *think* one major problem could be that he was more comfortable in a "check with me" system where his reads were predetermined. I think Kaaya is struggling with progression reads. Richt alluded to it in his presser. He said he needed to do a better job of getting Kaaya comfortable with cutting the ball loose.

Kaaya isn't processing information well. Period. There were clear examples of guys wide open and Brad not pulling the trigger.

At the end of the day, It's Richt's fault for not getting more out of Kaaya, but I think what we're seeing is Kaaya struggling with a "pro style" progression offense. We kinda just took it for granted that Kaaya would show mastery of the offense. Either things click for Kaaya, or we might have to scale things back to a one-read offense.

Richt came from a major SEC program where he coached for 15 years and won the conference a couple of times. And he's getting paid the most of any Miami coach ever (probably combined). It's not like he's coming from a sun belt school to P5 football. Hiccups and bumps were to be expected first year, but this is turning into an absolute dudaster. Maybe he's burnt out and should have taken a year off. Is he even trying?

Advertisement
Lose one game yes ! But the man already lost the team lost 3 in a row no emotion we look terrible we have a top qb last year under coley that now stinks under richt let that sink in

He beter strat showing improvement during the rest of this year or he will be under fire. Recruiting may suffer and fan support and attendance will probably do so likewise. But then again they paid him big and for a long time so he is going no where soon win or loose.

Advertisement
Back