Give Richt a pass in 2016. Yes or No

Advertisement
Richt is a veteran coach. No ****** pass for him.

The Richt era will not last as long as the Golden era did.

Advertisement
Yes...

If he doesn't hire an OC at the end of the season, then we're in trouble.

Averaging a measly 18 points per game over the last 3. You won't win any games being that anemic in today's college football.

He obviously gets a pass. I usually give a coach by year 3 before I make a complete judgement (the Va Tech game where Logan Thomas looked like a Heisman candidate sealed my decision on Golden). But I'm not exactly thrilled with how everything's going right now.

Advertisement
Pass until year 4 once he has his ten 5 stars, and 30 four stars to have the talent to beat our fellow coastal opponents. Until then, unreasonable to expect us to score more than 21 points.

Last edited:
Yes

Saban first year in Alabama

Carroll first year at USC

Would be a no, but God our players are not helping him out!

He needs to be better at playcalling 100% agree with that.... But

You can't simply ignore things that are out of his control

we lead power 5 in dropped passes.

We have the worst offensive line I've seen at Miami in over ten years easily. We gave up 8 sacks tonight smfh. You can't call plays around 8 sacks we were screwed from the beginning

We have a qb who can't stand in the pocket under pressure and has made very costly interceptions (fsu endzone comes to mind) .

We are a blocked pat and a unc td that shouldn't have counted away from being 6-1. Yes those are ifs but that's how close it would be from posters on here excited about the season... But now trying to get rid of him

Richt has his deficiencies but our players deserve some blame as well

Coaches standardly get 3 years at universities to judge

Richt is 7 games in.

I mean **** people 15 years at Georgia is his resume give him some **** time

Last edited:
A pass...no. 4 million a year should have a tremendous amount of accountability that goes along with it. BUT...he does deserve a chance. And that's how I'm viewing year 1. Year 2 better be redemption.

And I didn't read OP post before posting...so no, I can't follow directions if I didnt read them. Sorry OP. :-/

I'm pretty sure that's the definition of a pass

Nope. A pass would be me being ok with him losing every game for the rest of the season.

A chance is exactly that, a chance to turn things around before I jump on my soapbox. I'm not anti coach right now. I'm barely mad at the losses. BUT how we lose is pretty important to me. Not being able to score more than 20 points in each of the last three games is alarming. I'm keeping in mind the last two staffs and how things would go downhill after an FSU loss.

So no pass, but tighten up.

Advertisement
A pass...no. 4 million a year should have a tremendous amount of accountability that goes along with it. BUT...he does deserve a chance. And that's how I'm viewing year 1. Year 2 better be redemption.

And I didn't read OP post before posting...so no, I can't follow directions if I didnt read them. Sorry OP. :-/

I'm pretty sure that's the definition of a pass

Nope. A pass would be me being ok with him losing every game for the rest of the season.

A chance is exactly that, a chance to turn things around before I jump on my soapbox. I'm not anti coach right now. I'm barely mad at the losses. BUT how we lose is pretty important to me. Not being able to score more than 20 points in each of the last three games is alarming. I'm keeping in mind the last two staffs and how things would go downhill after an FSU loss.

So no pass, but tighten up.

A pass means not calling for his head

Nope the whole "O" staff is a cluster.

OC - negative value as game planner and play caller
QB coach - no experience, no value
RB coach - little value as RB coach
OL coach - no value, give us chicken something
TE coach - no value

Offense needs a complete overhaul and dude needs to hit the recruiting trail hard. This team is paper thin and talent is down at key positions.

Advertisement
Lol absolutely not.

Why would you give someone making 4 million dollars to coach football a pass?

Pretty much the entire offense returned from the previous season and they are somehow worse. Not to mention we are literally playing maybe the easiest schedule in our schools history. Beyond pathetic start to the Richt era.

Our talent is objective and Richt didn't recruit it, so I think you give him a pass this year.

Advertisement
Back