Gino Resigning

Beeeeotch, we about to have Big 10 money AND Jordan Brand money...
Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

Advertisement
He’s coming off 2 down years but I’d be shocked if Dan McDonnell didn’t try hard to get the job. I’m not sure why things have slid recently but he’s had a lot of success prior to that.
He’s not happy there. The school has not held up their end of the bargain when they extended him and made him one of the highest paid guys a handful of years ago. Apparently facility upgrades haven’t happened and aren’t even close to getting started.

Advertisement
Word is Rad told him to fire the whole staff and Gino declined.

If I attack someone who says that, does that mean I'm defending the staff?

In any event, Gino has millions of things to take care of outside of baseball.

Good luck to my former UM classmate, Gino DiMare, you will always be one of the Cane greats, thank you for everything you and your father gave to our alma mater, and all the best for you and your family throughout your life.

Advertisement
Regardless wether you like Gino or not his family has been a godsend to the university. When you’re running an athletic program correctly there are multiple facets that those in charge of the teams must do successfully. The bottom line here is Gino underperformed in the W-L part of his job and change had become necessary! I don’t care who, what, why, the change had to made!!! Hopefully Rad hits a “home run” with the hire.

Advertisement
O’Connor would be great but part of his success if Mac his assistant. Guys an animal. I used to sit in on his hitting talks at camps that I worked with him and he’d get me fired up

Advertisement
He’s not happy there. The school has not held up their end of the bargain when they extended him and made him one of the highest paid guys a handful of years ago. Apparently facility upgrades haven’t happened and aren’t even close to getting started.
I went to a game at Louisville this season. I was surprised how bad the overall facility was. There is definitely tension between him and UL.

Advertisement
Back