Gino Resigning

“After evaluating this past season and talking extensively with my family, I have decided it is in my best interests and the best interests of the program to step away as head coach,” DiMare said in a statement. “I would like to thank President Frenk and Dan Radakovich for their support, and Blake James for giving me the opportunity to become the head coach at Miami. I want to thank my coaches and staff for all their hard work, and especially the players – the relationships I have built with them are something I will cherish forever.”

Advertisement
This ain't Blake James. Dan is a tremendous AD and demands only the best for his Alma mater. Dimare has been a flop doing less with more for too long. It was time.

Yeah, and I was actually in the room a year ago when another alum brought up another team (and its relative lack of success) and Dan was very clear about giving that coach another year, and then reevaluating.

I'm still not thrilled with the 2023 outcome, but I thought that MAYBE the slight improvement in outcome would lead to Gino's return, but I also knew that the porster complaints of "nepotism" and a lifetime contract for Gino was also WRONG.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1686255915119.jpeg
Maybe he heard a better option further south? I think his son plays at FIU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Best of luck to Gino and his family for all their generosity and commitment to the school - they are true Canes.

There should be plenty of qualified candidates. Rad pleasantly surprised me on holding the programs to a high standard. Now, he gets his first test on a major program search/new hire.

Advertisement
Back