Gino Resigning

1686343759282.png

Advertisement
F@CK NO. ANOTHER CHEATER (BASEBALL, FIRST WIFE, J-LO AND IN BUSINESS) AND A POS OF SUB HUMAN BEING. INTEGRITY. DO WHAT YOU SAY AND SAY WHAT YOU DO. RAD CANNOT BRING IN SOMEONE LIKE THAT AND SAY WE ARE HERE TO CREATE CULTURE, WIN AND TEACH THE KIDS HOW TO LIVE. (I CANNOT FIND A BIGGER FONT, UNFORTUNATELY)
But how do you really feel?

He did step down, and I have that from multiple sources who are closer to the program than you are.

Guaran-*******-teed.

There was some pressure to make some changes, but Gino was not fired.
He was given an ultimatum which he declined. His “stepping down” would not have happened without that ultimatum.

Advertisement
He was given an ultimatum which he declined. His “stepping down” would not have happened without that ultimatum.

It has more dimensions to it than that, and you know it. Gino didn't just inherit money, he inherited an active family business. He had choices, real choices.

And, yes, before you chided people for their "misconceptions", I freely acknowledged that he had some pressure, but to be clear, his own personal job would have been safe otherwise. He was not fired, which was the implication you left with many of the other posters.

You can play semantics games all night, but it was not just a binary decision. His family situation allowed him to determine that some things just weren't worth the trouble. But it wasn't "my way or the highway" with Radakovich.

You are making things FAR too dramatic, and I have that on very solid sources (won't give any more detail than that).

He’s transferring…

So ******* what?

If my kid wanted to go to my alma mater for grad school, I'd let him.

He's a preferred walk-on, and don't act like it's anything more than that.

Did we get Amaury Wiggins? Do we have any other portal options at backup center?

Time for you to stop posting.

It has more dimensions to it than that, and you know it. Gino didn't just inherit money, he inherited an active family business. He had choices, real choices.

And, yes, before you chided people for their "misconceptions", I freely acknowledged that he had some pressure, but to be clear, his own personal job would have been safe otherwise. He was not fired, which was the implication you left with many of the other posters.

You can play semantics games all night, but it was not just a binary decision. His family situation allowed him to determine that some things just weren't worth the trouble. But it wasn't "my way or the highway" with Radakovich.

You are making things FAR too dramatic, and I have that on very solid sources (won't give any more detail than that).
Let’s just say he “entered the portal”.

Advertisement
He received several scholarship offers from D1 schools. It's not like he can't play at that level. I don't see a problem with him joining his hometown team.
Oh I don’t see a problem either! I was just bringing it up as far as the other guys comment about nepotism. It’s a good choice for him but I’m also not a fan of favoritism so he still needs to earn his spot like everyone else. I think it’s doable.

So ******* what?

If my kid wanted to go to my alma mater for grad school, I'd let him.

He's a preferred walk-on, and don't act like it's anything more than that.

Did we get Amaury Wiggins? Do we have any other portal options at backup center?

Time for you to stop posting.
Oh I wasn’t talking **** by any means dude! I was genuinely curious if you put that in the same ballpark as nepotism. I personally would’ve made the same decision if I were him.

Advertisement
Oh I wasn’t talking **** by any means dude! I was genuinely curious if you put that in the same ballpark as nepotism. I personally would’ve made the same decision if I were him.

OK, fair enough, you don't have a long track record of posting, so it can come off as trolling. Just being honest.

No, I don't put it in the same category. The people who know what's really going on will tell you that this is largely about giving Lou a shot to decide if he wants to be a GA and go into coaching. We took a Portal center who is SO **** GOOD that he scared off the incumbent center AND other Portal centers. We need backups. We need scout teamers. This concept that Lou is somehow stealing a scholarship slot from a 5-star is nonsense (I'm not saying you said it, but others have).

I have no problem with legacies. I only have an issue if a guy is given reps (as a player) or a job (as a coach/staffer) that is UNdeserved. If a guy is good AND he ia a UM alum or legacy, what's the problem? Nothing...outside of perception.

If Amaury Wiggins had picked UM, nobody would care about this. Why does ANYONE care if a UM legacy walks on? I could give you a long list of friends of mine from UM who post pix of their kids who go (or recently went) to UM. FANTASTIC. AMAZING. I've got one pair of friends (husband-wife) who met at UM and BOTH of their kids recently graduated from UM. Fills my heart with happiness.

No need to pick on Lou (again, not just you, but anyone). I went to undergrad with Mario and Luis, and if Luis's son wants to get a graduate degree from UM, that's absolute perfection.

Regardless of the "dictionary" of nepotism, I see a problem when the favoritism is not deserved. That is all.

He did step down, and I have that from multiple sources who are closer to the program than you are.

Guaran-*******-teed.

There was some pressure to make some changes, but Gino was not fired.
I get what he's saying though. This is something more on the semantics. It's one of those situations where he was thrown to the fire over some necessary changes and he refused to make them so he was essentially shown the door. From my understanding it was do this or you gotta go.

I get what he's saying though. This is something more on the semantics. It's one of those situations where he was thrown to the fire over some necessary changes and he refused to make them so he was essentially shown the door. From my understanding it was do this or you gotta go.

This makes the most sense. No one is going to buy a story where Gino decided to run the family produce business.

Advertisement
This makes the most sense. No one is going to buy a story where Gino decided to run the family produce business.
Especially since he's never taken part in that side of things and as big as it is you ain't gonna bring in someone who can essentially run the entire thing into the ground (pardon the pun) rather quickly.

Your comments were fine. Some posters would fight their own shadow if they could figure out a way to get it an account.

I hear ya. I'll DM you some things. The "you gotta go" didn't happen, but I understand that some people might believe the implication was there.

Advertisement
Back