Gino Resigning

you are talking about the current manager of a professional baseball team, none other than Boston, correct?

he's going to resign from Boston and take an NCAA job? this statement is worse than the guy that said Miami fans would walk to Tropical Park toting their tailgating wares through areas with no sidewalks.
It seemed very far fetched until I saw his salary - currently paid $800k per year in Boston. MLB manager salaries have been dropping in recent years as front offices have taken over.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It seemed very far fetched until I saw his salary - currently paid $800k per year in Boston. MLB manager salaries have been dropping in recent years as front offices have taken over.

Salaries have been dropping but I think that Cora’s salary has to do with the fallout from spy gate stuff.

Advertisement
Does the nepotism go for any sport and any age? In your opinion (assuming you don’t only follow Miami baseball), do you think it’s wrong for the football coach to be “recruiting” his nephew?

God-*******-damnit, the football coach is not "recruiting" his nephew.

There's been multiple major league managers named I've heard tossed around. I could definitely see Cora having first choice if he wants to come back home.

Question for you, I know that there is bouncing back and forth between the NFL and college for football coaches, but that's been very rare for baseball, since the collegiate and professional games and skillsets are so different, so does this seem to be...becoming MORE COMMON? We just saw UCF reached out to Joe Girardi, is this something that a lot of colleges are now doing (reaching out to MLB guys)?

Weird, wild stuff...

Advertisement
Question for you, I know that there is bouncing back and forth between the NFL and college for football coaches, but that's been very rare for baseball, since the collegiate and professional games and skillsets are so different, so does this seem to be...becoming MORE COMMON? We just saw UCF reached out to Joe Girardi, is this something that a lot of colleges are now doing (reaching out to MLB guys)?

Weird, wild stuff...
I only speak on the stuff I know hermano. Baseball ain't my thing. I enjoy the game & I understand it. But it's not my sport obviously. So I'm the last one to ask that to. I only knew about all this cause I was bored and being supportive last week so I went to watch the game and sat with rad.

I only speak on the stuff I know hermano. Baseball ain't my thing. I enjoy the game & I understand it. But it's not my sport obviously. So I'm the last one to ask that to. I only knew about all this cause I was bored and being supportive last week so I went to watch the game and sat with rad.
Nonetheless, we appreciate your recent participation and honesty. And if I recall, your post over the weekend after the TX game, about no in game adjustments, was timely and spot on.

Advertisement
Back