Gimmick Offense

DiegoCane

All-ACC
550 yards, 40 pts vs Bama tonight
537 yards, 42 pts vs Bama last year

I know we won't see this exact thing from Richt but I pray we see the tempo he ran at FSU.

Advertisement

I know we won't see this exact thing from Richt but I pray we see the tempo he ran at FSU.

Yup. Yet the idiots in the SEC think the way you beat him is by running the ball 3 yards and a cloud of dust. SMFH. Spread them out and pass and use quick guys on the edge and his defense can't stop a nose bleed.

W

Yup. Yet the idiots in the SEC think the way you beat him is by running the ball 3 yards and a cloud of dust. SMFH. Spread them out and pass and use quick guys on the edge and his defense can't stop a nose bleed.

Did you happen to notice Elliott run for a sht ton of yards? That's how they ended up beating Bama. They ran the ball for almost 300 yards. They didn't beat them with their 18 completions.

You beat bama with tempo and having guys good enough to block, and athletes on the outside

Advertisement
One of my buddies tried telling me that spread offenses are only good during the regular season and they get dominated by good defenses during title games. LOL

Word?

W

Did you happen to notice Elliott run for a sht ton of yards? That's how they ended up beating Bama. They ran the ball for almost 300 yards. They didn't beat them with their 18 completions.

Ohio State runs the power spread. Yeah they ran for a ton of yards but they didn't do it from the I formation. They spread Alabama out. You don't beat Bama by lining up with a fullback and attempting to bludgeon them until they tire out. LSU, the team year to year that you could say recruits to about the same level as Alabama hasn't learned that lesson yet. Les Miles is stubborn as ****.

Last edited:
W

Ohio State runs the power spread. Yeah they ran for a ton of yards but they didn't do it from the I formation. They spread Alabama out. You don't beat Bama by lining up with a fullback and attempting to bludgeon them until they tire out. LSU, the team year to year that you could say recruits to about the same level as Alabama hasn't learned that lesson yet. Les Miles is stubborn as ****.

Ohio St's offensive line took over that game and put Bama on their butts. Florida also ran that same offense under Myer with Tebow and I would call it a power scheme for sure. It may spread you out but it is predicated on being able to run the ball through power.

You absolutely need to spread teams like Bama out. As Richt found out, you won't beat Bama by trying to out-Bama them. Miles has found out the same thing. Those two dopes tried to play football in a phone booth with Bama and regularly got sodomized for their troubles.

Spread them out. Work in some tempo. And they are very beatable. It also helps to have a QB who poses a threat in the run game.

Advertisement
You absolutely need to spread teams like Bama out. As Richt found out, you won't beat Bama by trying to out-Bama them. Miles has found out the same thing. Those two dopes tried to play football in a phone booth with Bama and regularly got sodomized for their troubles.

Spread them out. Work in some tempo. And they are very beatable. It also helps to have a QB who poses a threat in the run game.

Most important, IMO.

They play enough man that mobile QBs give them real problems.

Spread em out teams with solid defense can beat bama. unfortunately there aren't many good teams that have a decent defense.

Ohio ST didn't win because they had a mobile QB. They had a balanced attack and played an overall better game. Ohio ST ran the ball very well and they did that because they played physical not because of the spread.

Clemson had a much more mobile QB and they still lost.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ohio ST ran the ball very well and they did that because they played physical not because of the spread.

THANK YOU!!!

All of bamas recent losses have been to teams that spread them out and play up-tempo.... OSU, Auburn, A&M, Ole Miss...

OSU and Auburn play a very physical brand of offense. Their offense depends on a physical running game to be effective. You guys think because a team spreads you out sometimes that they aren't physical. And both of those teams have won championships recently because of that physical style of play.

Ohio ST ran the ball very well and they did that because they played physical not because of the spread.

THANK YOU!!!

All of bamas recent losses have been to teams that spread them out and play up-tempo.... OSU, Auburn, A&M, Ole Miss...

OSU and Auburn play a very physical brand of offense. Their offense depends on a physical running game to be effective. You guys think because a team spreads you out sometimes that they aren't physical. And both of those teams have won championships recently because of that physical style of play.

Im not saying they dont play physical. Sure they do. A physical SPREAD team. The physical Pro style teams play right into bamas strengths.

Ohio ST didn't win because they had a mobile QB. They had a balanced attack and played an overall better game. Ohio ST ran the ball very well and they did that because they played physical not because of the spread.

Clemson had a much more mobile QB and they still lost.
Wrong, but that's ok. OSU won because they made Bama play defense in space. Spread. If they attempted to line up in tight formations and run it down Bama's throat out of the I they would have suffered the same fate Michigan State did. The same fate LSU does every year.

OSU ran Cardale Jones regularly and effectively in that game and also threw the ball very well. If you think they lined up in a phone booth in the I and just bludgeoned Bama to death then we watched a different game.

"Spread" doesn't always mean finesse or Air Raid.

It's a lot easier to be physical against Bama when you get them out of the phone booth.

That's the point.

Advertisement
Back