Gilbert Frierson v. Booker T.

Gil is as good looking a prospect that I can remember. The kid is PUT TOGETHER like a pro already. His physicality & mentality will be unmatched.

KID IS A SAVAGE IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD !!!!

Does he prefer playing corner or does he see himself as a safety? Thanks

Advertisement
Frierson is a better prospect than Jobe was for us and seems way undervalued nationally IMO

6’-6’1” who’s long, athletic, playmaker, physically developed. Lots of potential

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We might have overhyped jobe a good bit, was he good? Yeah but as a football player frierson is up there too. Jobe was getting trucked and missing a bunch of tackes up at Cheshire bridge academy this year.

I don't know how anyone could watch friersons tape and Jobes tape and not come out thinking we got the better player. Georgia was pushing harder for him than Tyson at one point.

We tend to undervalue the kids who are committed, but even more so the kids who committed very early. Glad we started a thread on Gil. We should talk more about the kids we have signed and ready to rep the U

I’ve always liked Frierson better than Jobe. Frierson is an elite elite DB. I see him as a superstar FS

I've said this before...Gil is the nephew of my head coach. Gil would come down and volunteer to work with the kids a few times per season the last two. He's a great kid and will be a good man that will be one of our top volunteer and community service players.

One of my favorites in the class.

As a player...Michael Jackson. Will fill his spot in 2019 with ease, IMO. Can tackle. Has good ball skills. Size. He's had a man's body since his sophomore year. Better athlete than most nationally at DB.

Advertisement
I've said this before...Gil is the nephew of my head coach. Gil would come down and volunteer to work with the kids a few times per season the last two. He's a great kid and will be a good man that will be one of our top volunteer and community service players.

As a player...Michael Jackson. Will fill his spot in 2019 with ease, IMO. Can tackle. Has good ball skills. Size. He's had a man's body since his sophomore year. Better athlete than most nationally at DB.

Loved this post right up till you compared him to Jackson. I think Gil's potential far outflanks Jackson.

Loved this post right up till you compared him to Jackson. I think Gil's potential far outflanks Jackson.

I think Michael Jackson is a first round player...second round as a floor, Good Brother Chise. So, its high praise from me.

Michael Jackson barring injury maybe a top 3 round player. Comparing him to Mike Jack might not be a diss. But ive been one of the only that have ALWAYS been high on Jackson. I like dbs with that particular frame..Frierson has it..those long armed dbs. Which is why a class with Frierson, Blades, and one of Campbell/Surtain would be scary as they all have crazy reaches.

Advertisement
Gil is forgotten a little bit because the rankings were off on him. He's an athletic freak. Ball skills, physical, not scared to tackle. Looking forward to having so many versatile and interchangeable athletes back there next year. Whew! Don't have to have nightmares about guys like Kacy Rodgers, Highsmith or Dallas Crawford ever again.

You forgot Robert Knowles...

Advertisement
Back