Gilbert Frierson v. Booker T.

Frierson is a better prospect than Jobe was for us and seems way undervalued nationally IMO

6’-6’1” who’s long, athletic, playmaker, physically developed. Lots of potential

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We might have overhyped jobe a good bit, was he good? Yeah but as a football player frierson is up there too. Jobe was getting trucked and missing a bunch of tackes up at Cheshire bridge academy this year.

Advertisement
Frierson is legit.

I think he's just as good as Blades despite the lower ranking.

I think he's better than Blades.

One of my fav signees. Think he can play CB here but he would a freak of a FS. Can’t wait to see what he does this season.

I agree. If we get neither TC or Surtain, he may start out at CB out of pure need. But his best position is F S.

Why is everyone so down on Blades?

Because the STA staff only rotated him in, favoring Samuel and the other CB, so everyone thinks he's a camp warrior. Which is silly, since Blades was one of the top players during the all-star practice and made a starter. And the STA staff of today is not the quality STA staff we used to know from previous years, IMHO.

to be honest his camp circuit was up n down. He got done up pretty good locally..then performed better at national camps. When he has confidence he plays better.

Advertisement
Blades is one of my favorite recruits...Though he’s not big, IMO he’s a bully and Dog attitude. More I see if Frierson, more impressed I am. Mega Stud

Last edited:
Nice to see a new topic pop up on heritageinsight.com.

Kid looks very talented and appears to be a multi-dimension athelete. Always like to see a CB/S that played some WR in HS becuase usually that means they have decent hands.

Blades is one of my favorite recruits...Though he’s not big, IMO he’s a bully and Dog attitude. More I see if Frierson, more impressed I am. Mega Stud

Have you seen Blades in person? He is tall for a corner, has an excellent frame and clearly spends a lot of time in the weight room. I can't agree with you on him not being big.

Man AJ is a legit 6'0-6'1 and about 175/180 right now. The kid is put together already and he hasn't touched a college weight room or training table yet.

Advertisement
Back to Frierson: Pete pointed Frierson out to me last year at the Florida Fire tryout and he is another tall DB. Watch the film Demetrious Money posted if you have any doubts about his athletic ability or his football instincts. The second kick return where he used the Laveon Bell technique was impressive.

Gil is as good looking a prospect that I can remember. The kid is PUT TOGETHER like a pro already. His physicality & mentality will be unmatched.

KID IS A SAVAGE IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD !!!!

giphy.gif
He’s Jurassic Park bro

Advertisement
Blades ain't taking a backseat to nobody. He got that dog in him and has the talent and size to go with it. Frierson and Ivey are just as talented.

Even if we get PS2 and TC, they both will have to earn their spot.... our dbs this class are going to have to turn Super Saiyan blue to come out on top among this group.

One of the by products of landing TC and/or PS2 is that will allow Frierson to be at FS from the start. It’s been too long since we’ve had a freak back there. Him and Hall as our starting safeties in a few years would be a thing of beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my favorites. And he apparently has the mental makeup to go with the skills. AA free safety imo.

Btw, I'm looking at you D$!

Advertisement
Why is everyone so down on Blades?

Where’d you get that everyone is down on Blades? Some people might think Frierson is a better player/prospect, but, if your a UM fan, you love Blades too. Both have tremendous upside.

From the pics I’ve seen of Frierson he looks like he’s built like a 3rd year college player already. I didn’t like Gil as a CB at Paradise, but with those long arms, range, tenacity and ball skills he can be one of our next great Safeties.

Gil is forgotten a little bit because the rankings were off on him. He's an athletic freak. Ball skills, physical, not scared to tackle. Looking forward to having so many versatile and interchangeable athletes back there next year. Whew! Don't have to have nightmares about guys like Kacy Rodgers, Highsmith or Dallas Crawford ever again.

Advertisement
Back