Gerald Willis

Please enlighten me on Willis reasoning for not playing this year? Like what did he tell Richt for it to be okay to sit out and come back for '18?

"Leave of absence" is a catch-all. Might have had some emotional issues. Could be anything.

There is a stigma attached to mental illness, and rightfully so, so sometimes people don't want to cop to that sort of thing. That's pure speculation though based on past red flags in Willis's history.

True. I wish the young man well, and I hope that he is successful in dealing whatever challenges he may be facing. If he comes back and can be productive, that's even better.

Advertisement
Hmmmm......

[TWEET]898778746194284544[/TWEET]
[TWEET]898780570657988608[/TWEET]

I wonder if he will return for the season or just sit out and play next year when mcintosh and norton are possibly gone?

I wonder if he will return for the season or just sit out and play next year when mcintosh and norton are possibly gone?

He's not enrolled in school this semester so (unless that changes in the next week or so), he can't play this year.

Tbh him being out in the LA area makes me think he is in some sort of rehab program right now.

This was always my thought. He want to highlight on the line so if he sits out a year the worst that can happen is 1 of the 2 (Norton & McIntosh) may return and he can stay into '19. Kind of a smart move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
He may have family or emotional issues .If it was academics it would be a suspension same if it was a violation of team rules. Hope he comes back.

Advertisement
Why did he bounce? I haven't heard from Pete or any source as to the official reason.

Read between the lines. Leave of absence. Not removed from roster. No announcement that he was kicked off the team or kicked out of school. Sudden relocation to Los Angeles. Tweets about him coming back soon.

This is clearly a personal issue--Family issue, emotional/mental treatment, or drug rehab.

Advertisement
IMO I think he's taking the time off to get back to 100% health

Same here. But what does that say about the staffs assessment of his injury? Does it make sense that the coaches were going to thrust him into action before he was 100% comfortable with his knee?

Advertisement
IMO I think he's taking the time off to get back to 100% health

Same here. But what does that say about the staffs assessment of his injury? Does it make sense that the coaches were going to thrust him into action before he was 100% comfortable with his knee?

I feel you, but I mean he's probably medically cleared to play, but he just doesn't have the confidence in it yet. Or maybe he just has a bunch of small injuries that you can normally play on but they're all adding up making it hard to recover while still playing. Idk might be something else all together.

I have no doubts that Norton, becasue of his size speed combo, is gone but RJ is no guarantee. While they both played well, neither of them dominated consistently. We're all just assuming that they will and that's great but stuff happens. With the type of edge rushers and lack of depth at DT we have on this team I can see them both coming off a lot on 3rd and longs/against spread teams to get guys like Trent, Garvin and Patch more PT. I like both of them a lot but let's pump the breaks a bit on the early departures.

if it was a medical issue, wouldn't he be better of getting pt and treatment by UM Drs and staff instead of some people he doesn't know or just met?

what franchise said.

Advertisement
Back