Gerald Willis back

1.5 career sacks

I like the guy but he better tighten up or these freshmans are going to snatch his chain.

Mcintosh and norton played 13 games last year and had 2 sacks a piece. Willis was a backup and played less games and had 1.5. That stat doesnt really work in your favor.

1.5 career sacks doesn't work in my favor?

I never said that he stinks but he's not a special player or what we hoped he would be based off what we saw last season.

So you dont think mcintosh and norton are good? They dont have good sack numbers either.

Advertisement
Come on man...Willis is the most disruptive guy?

If you actually knew what you were looking at you would know what I'm talking about but continue

Brock has a keener sense for football than anyone else on the board. It's time you fools stop questioning him and begin praising his intelligence. Every post of his should be followed by a celebration of praise, just to make sure he knows he's appreciated and we don't lose him.

I'm going to officially decommit from canesinsight real soon.Got to feed the fam
Thank Christ.

Brock was never a take.

I think Norton is the most disruptive up front man....Just turn on the FSU tape dude balled!

If you actually knew what you were looking at you would know what I'm talking about but continue

Brock has a keener sense for football than anyone else on the board. It's time you fools stop questioning him and begin praising his intelligence. Every post of his should be followed by a celebration of praise, just to make sure he knows he's appreciated and we don't lose him.

I'm going to officially decommit from canesinsight real soon.Got to feed the fam
Thank Christ.

Brock was never a take.

Jag

Advertisement
1.5 career sacks

I like the guy but he better tighten up or these freshmans are going to snatch his chain.

Mcintosh and norton played 13 games last year and had 2 sacks a piece. Willis was a backup and played less games and had 1.5. That stat doesnt really work in your favor.

I never said that he stinks but he's not a special player or what we hoped he would be based off what we saw last season.

So you dont think mcintosh and norton are good? They dont have good sack numbers either.

Neither one is special imo. Both are better than Willis.

Advertisement
1.5 career sacks

Now this is an interesting hot take from you, Rok. What, in your mind, classifies as a special DT?

Now this is an interesting hot take from you, Rok. What, in your mind, classifies as a special DT?

Norton, McIntosh, Thomas were clearly the three best, most consistent players on the DL in 2016. I just don't know that I see anything that sets them apart from the other really good DL in the country. They're obviously **** good (as evidenced by the amount of snaps they played) but I'm not sure they're going to explode through the ceiling like we expect from someone like J. Jackson. Just a different type of athlete imo.

I like him as a player. Thought it was a big blow when he got hurt against FSU.

Still, we have some younger guys like Garvin, Bethel, Johnson, Ford who could challenge Willis, Harris, D. Jackson, Molten.

Willis is the most disruptive dt we got, it's just that McIntosh and norton are more discipline on the field and play under control more

Come on man...Willis is the most disruptive guy?

lol

I see brocks post be downvoted like 7 times lol n i laugh then i add to it just because everyone else did even when he didnt even write anything bad its just too funny

br0ke writes whatever the wind blows

in between oprah and jemele hill I don't know how he gets the time to post here

Willis' run and pass play ratios indicate that he was the hardest DT to effectively block last year. Against FBS opponents he got in on 5 TFL, 10 tackles between the LOI and 2 yards downfield, and 2 sacks.

Advertisement
I like him as a player. Thought it was a big blow when he got hurt against FSU.

Still, we have some younger guys like Garvin, Bethel, Johnson, Ford who could challenge Willis, Harris, D. Jackson, Molten.

Willis is the best disruptive dt we got, it's just that McIntosh and norton are more discipline on the field and play under control.

The only thing working against your theory is a season full of concrete evidence to the contrary.

Other than that, I think you are on to something.

Time for some DL POWER RANKINGS

Thomas
Norton
Jackson
McIntosh
Harris
Willis
DJack
Molten
Garvin
Bethel
Johnson
Ford
Martin
Fines
Patchan

Willis' run and pass play ratios indicate that he was the hardest DT to effectively block last year. Against FBS opponents he got in on 5 TFL, 10 tackles between the LOI and 2 yards downfield, and 2 sacks.

But anything i say on here no matter if it is a fact or not just get sh*tted on. I know what I'm talking about. Willis was very effective

Last edited:
Advertisement

This of how I think of players when "labeling them".

Special: Courtez Kennedy/Warren Sapp/Vince Wilfork.
-They CREATE highlight plays multiple times throughout the game and through the year.
-Opposing Offense will avoid this player, only going towards them in hopes to catch them off guard.
-Has the 4+ out of the "6 Traits" advantage in every matchup (Size/Athleticism/Technical Skills/Knowledge of the Game/Reaction-Predictability)
-You expect them to finish the year as an All-American, and get drafted in the first round
-You expect them to get double teamed on nearly every snap, pass or run.
Out of position comparison: Devin Hester

Elite: William Joseph*
-They CAPITALIZE on mistakes by the offense, and never miss an opportunity to make plays when put in position.
-The opposing offense keeps them in mind when game planning.
-Has 4 out of the "6 Traits" advantage in most matchups (Size/Athleticism/Technical Skills/Knowledge of the Game/Reaction-Predictability)
-You expect them to finish the year as an All-Conference player, and can make an argument for them to be a first round pick.
-You expect them to get 3+ sacks and QB pressure(from the DT position) OR be a force at stopping the run consistently
Out of position comparison: Denzel Perryman

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back