Garvin
Bethel
Johnson
Ford
Martin
Fines
Patchan
You should be alot higher on patchan he's talented

I'll be a lot higher on Patchan when he proves he's capable of playing.

I'm assuming this is like a "right now" list?

Because I'd have to think if it was like a who has the most potential to be great, DJ and Garvin would be higher with Harris and DJack being lower, and whatever else.

Advertisement
Time for some DL POWER RANKINGS

Thomas
Norton
Jackson
McIntosh
Harris
Willis
DJack
Molten
Garvin
Bethel
Johnson
Ford
Martin
Fines
Patchan

Because I'd have to think if it was like a who has the most potential to be great, DJ and Garvin would be higher with Harris and DJack being lower, and whatever else.

Oh yes.

Harris, Molten, Willis, DJack better bring it because Kool will want to see what these young bloods can do I'm sure.

Time for some DL POWER RANKINGS

Thomas
Norton
Jackson
McIntosh
Harris
Willis
DJack
Molten
Garvin
Bethel
Johnson
Ford
Martin
Fines
Patchan

Oh yes.

Harris, Molten, Willis, DJack better bring it because Kool will want to see what these young bloods can do I'm sure.

Well I'm not sure if I'd include Willis or Moten in that. Well, at least not Moten. After Norton, Moten is really the only guy we have to play the 1tech spot. I'm sure McIntosh or Willis could if we absolutley needed them to, and if Norton leaves this year, one of those two might slide down to man that spot next year...assuming they dont also leave.

But Harris and Djacks are going to have to play their asses off and limit the **** out of theirr mistakes. Garvin is apparently having a Joe Jackson like spring and will hopefully continue that through summer. IF he keeps it up, he won't start, but it will be impossible to keep him off the field too much. And thats not even mentioning the highest ranked DL recruit we've gotten in like 4 yrs -DJ Johnson. **** man, we're going to be so **** loaded at DE its going to be crazy.We can afford to get some developmental/project DEs in this recruiting class. But we absolutely need some solid DTs, and Silvera is going to be great.

Think I got a little to excited there. I need to calm down, theres still 4.5 months to go.

Advertisement
1.5 career sacks doesn't work in my favor?

I never said that he stinks but he's not a special player or what we hoped he would be based off what we saw last season.

So you dont think mcintosh and norton are good? They dont have good sack numbers either.

Neither one is special imo. Both are better than Willis.
Now this is an interesting hot take from you, Rok. What, in your mind, classifies as a special DT?

This of how I think of players when "labeling them".

Special: Courtez Kennedy/Warren Sapp/Vince Wilfork.
-They CREATE highlight plays multiple times throughout the game and through the year.
-Opposing Offense will avoid this player, only going towards them in hopes to catch them off guard.
-Has the 4+ out of the "6 Traits" advantage in every matchup (Size/Athleticism/Technical Skills/Knowledge of the Game/Reaction-Predictability)
-You expect them to finish the year as an All-American, and get drafted in the first round
-You expect them to get double teamed on nearly every snap, pass or run.
Out of position comparison: Devin Hester

Elite: William Joseph*
-They CAPITALIZE on mistakes by the offense, and never miss an opportunity to make plays when put in position.
-The opposing offense keeps them in mind when game planning.
-Has 4 out of the "6 Traits" advantage in most matchups (Size/Athleticism/Technical Skills/Knowledge of the Game/Reaction-Predictability)
-You expect them to finish the year as an All-Conference player, and can make an argument for them to be a first round pick.
-You expect them to get 3+ sacks and QB pressure(from the DT position) OR be a force at stopping the run consistently
Out of position comparison: Denzel Perryman

Beautifully defined.

So right now, Willis is neither special nor is he elite. It would be awesome if you created more definitions and have a mod sticky it. Then these stupid mother ****ers on here will have no excuse to define players incorrectly.

Special, Elite, Great, solid, average, jag, liability

1.5 career sacks doesn't work in my favor?

I never said that he stinks but he's not a special player or what we hoped he would be based off what we saw last season.

So you dont think mcintosh and norton are good? They dont have good sack numbers either.

Neither one is special imo. Both are better than Willis.
Now this is an interesting hot take from you, Rok. What, in your mind, classifies as a special DT?

This of how I think of players when "labeling them".

Special: Courtez Kennedy/Warren Sapp/Vince Wilfork.
-They CREATE highlight plays multiple times throughout the game and through the year.
-Opposing Offense will avoid this player, only going towards them in hopes to catch them off guard.
-Has the 4+ out of the "6 Traits" advantage in every matchup (Size/Athleticism/Technical Skills/Knowledge of the Game/Reaction-Predictability)
-You expect them to finish the year as an All-American, and get drafted in the first round
-You expect them to get double teamed on nearly every snap, pass or run.
Out of position comparison: Devin Hester

Elite: William Joseph*
-They CAPITALIZE on mistakes by the offense, and never miss an opportunity to make plays when put in position.
-The opposing offense keeps them in mind when game planning.
-Has 4 out of the "6 Traits" advantage in most matchups (Size/Athleticism/Technical Skills/Knowledge of the Game/Reaction-Predictability)
-You expect them to finish the year as an All-Conference player, and can make an argument for them to be a first round pick.
-You expect them to get 3+ sacks and QB pressure(from the DT position) OR be a force at stopping the run consistently
Out of position comparison: Denzel Perryman

Jerome Brown and Russell Maryland called and asked "WTF?! Not even elite with William "fricking" Joseph?!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Norton and McIntosh are projected 2-4th round draft choices, they are elite. This projection makes them among the top 2-6 percent of all DTs in div1A. That's an A to A+ grade. That's elite.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back