Gerald Willis and Nesta Silvera

Don't sleep on Jon Ford. Elite size at DT. Long, heavy and strong without being fat.

On top of that, he's flexible and sudden. He's not there yet as a football player (BBall guy), but Kool thinks he can be a first rounder under his coaching.

size, flexibility and other stuff doesn't matter much if he's not explosive. What limited action i did see, it's not there yet. Ford and Patchan need to have big springs in order for this group to succeed in the fall

Ford is naturally explosive and quick. He flashed some eye-popping things in practice. Next step for him is developing technique and just thinking less. That will allow him to play faster.

This spring will help him immensely. It is important to remember that he arrived late in camp.

Probably getting waaaay ahead of myself here, but I think Ford & Nesta complement each other perfectly. Can't wait to see them on the field together.

Advertisement
i think we need jon ford to step up and make that jump into being e big physical dominating presence

I totally agree. We need Bethel and Willis to be that quick shoot the gap DT's and Ford that force that pushes the OL back in the face of the QB. Want to see Nesta grow uo behind these guys. Gotta close on Briggs and another big and tall DT.

i think we need jon ford to step up and make that jump into being e big physical dominating presence

I totally agree. We need Bethel and Willis to be that quick shoot the gap DT's and Ford that force that pushes the OL back in the face of the QB. Want to see Nesta grow uo behind these guys. Gotta close on Briggs and another big and tall DT.

Nesta doesn't need to grow up behind anyone. Are y'all drunk on this board?? What about he's the best DT aside from Gerald Willis don't u get?

We will look fine at d tackle IF Dorian Gerald comes and is as good as his highlights say he is.

We will have this on our line if he comes:

WDE - Joe Jackson - Jon Garvin - Andrew Chatfield
DT - Gerald Willis - Pat Bethel - Nesta Silvera
DT - Dorian Gerald - Jon Ford - Michael Thompson????/Dennis Briggs
SDE- D jackson - Scott Patchan - Greg Rousseau

Advertisement
We can only hope that the lost starters gives us an edge with recruiting, given our razor thin depth and the promise of early playing time. We need a 300 lb beast along with Nesta. Tough order but hey...

Based Solely off guys currently on the roster or committed to us

SDE: Joe Jackson > Demetrius Jackson > Scott Patchan

3tDT: Gerald Willis > Pat Bethel > Tyreic Martin

1tDT: Jon Ford > Nesta Silvera

WDE: Jonathan Garvin > Scott Patchan > Gregory Rousseau

Advertisement
We will look fine at d tackle IF Dorian Gerald comes and is as good as his highlights say he is.

Oh bc Dorian is a "juco" him starting will make u feel better?? Get off the meth, Nesta is better than him by a mile and will start next season.

Garvin and Jackson are both weakside DE's, DJax will likely be the starter on the strong side as he is more stout against the run.

Joe Jackson will move to SDE.

We aren’t moving our best pass rusher to the strong side. Djax will play that position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Jackson and Jon Garvin will be on the field at the same time. That much I can Guarantee.

Advertisement

Oh bc Dorian is a "juco" him starting will make u feel better?? Get off the meth, Nesta is better than him by a mile and will start next season.

JUCO raves about him...he’s probably a SDE though.

Nesta doesn't need to grow up behind anyone. Are y'all drunk on this board?? What about he's the best DT aside from Gerald Willis don't u get?

I believe Nesta will stick so I won't start there, but maybe this will make you comprehend "rational" considerations:

1. Kid has not practiced and there nothing for any of us to know how he will perform against college players.

2. Outside of expectations you have absolutely no evidence he is better than Ford or Bethel at this point.

3. Until he gets to show his abilities on a college practice field its all hyperbole. Let the kid fight before you give him the belt.

Bethel is the wild card here. I think he can fill Moten’s spot but has the potential to be much much better.

Advertisement
Yeah, putting all our hopes on a guy who so far has been all hype and no substance, and a true freshman is not a good thing.

I have seen mentions of going to a 4-2-5 defense is that something that diaz has said he plans to do? I guess we played that a good amount of time this season anyhow

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If I recall we actually ran a play with 6 Dbs against Wisconsin, that alone got me hyped. Another elite CB would be nice for those back heavy sets.

Are going to be our starters at DT next season, and they will be the most violent disruptive force we've had in years at the position.

Joe Jackson and Jon Garvin on the outside and our dline won't miss a beat... looks like an upgraded starting unit I'm already excited for next season.

CFP playoff caliber team in 2018!! :rickflair2:

I'm definitely excited about next season already!! Miami will be fun to watch, I can't wait...

Advertisement
Back