Gerald Willis and Nesta Silvera

KrazyCane

SAVAGE
Banned
Are going to be our starters at DT next season, and they will be the most violent disruptive force we've had in years at the position.

Joe Jackson and Jon Garvin on the outside and our dline won't miss a beat... looks like an upgraded starting unit I'm already excited for next season.

CFP playoff caliber team in 2018!! :rickflair2:

Advertisement
Garvin and Jackson are both weakside DE's, DJax will likely be the starter on the strong side as he is more stout against the run.

Willis has always had injury issues. Silvera has not signed the dotted line yet and that is a lot to put on a freshman at a grown man's position. But if you are correct kudos to you.

Advertisement
Totally agree. Depth will be a bit of an issue if we have multiple injuries, but top 4 on DL will be elite and top 8 will be more than enough to win ACC.

I'm hopeful it works out that way. But Willis has had a very bumpy career. Silvera looks like a beast, but he'll still be a true freshman.

Both could step up and be great. But we shouldn't be in a position where if even 1 of the 2 doesn't, we could be in big trouble.

OP must live inside a hyperbolic chamber because the hyperbole that emanates from his keyboard never stops.

That said, it has the makings of a small, disruptive DL if things fall in our favor.

Don't sleep on Jon Ford. Elite size at DT. Long, heavy and strong without being fat.

On top of that, he's flexible and sudden. He's not there yet as a football player (BBall guy), but Kool thinks he can be a first rounder under his coaching.

Advertisement
Is there anyone Kool targets in recruiting who isn't a project? Jesus f'king christ.

Don't sleep on Jon Ford. Elite size at DT. Long, heavy and strong without being fat.

On top of that, he's flexible and sudden. He's not there yet as a football player (BBall guy), but Kool thinks he can be a first rounder under his coaching.

size, flexibility and other stuff doesn't matter much if he's not explosive. What limited action i did see, it's not there yet. Ford and Patchan need to have big springs in order for this group to succeed in the fall

Grade A 2 Deep

WDE - Joe Jackson - Jonathan Garvin

DT - Gerald Willis - Pat Bethel

DT - Jon Ford - Nesta Silvera

SDE - Demetrius Jackson - Scott Patchan

The Issue is we can't afford any injuries cause our depth behind the 2 deep, makes me nervous

3rd String -

DE - Greg Rousseau: would love to RS

DT - Tyreic Martin: Not sure yet if he's a Miami Caliber guy

DT - Dennis Briggs: Freshman would love to RS

DE - Andrew Chatfield: Freshman

Last edited:

size, flexibility and other stuff doesn't matter much if he's not explosive. What limited action i did see, it's not there yet. Ford and Patchan need to have big springs in order for this group to succeed in the fall

Ford is naturally explosive and quick. He flashed some eye-popping things in practice. Next step for him is developing technique and just thinking less. That will allow him to play faster.

This spring will help him immensely. It is important to remember that he arrived late in camp.

Advertisement

Theoretically, Ford should make a huge leap going into his sophomore year if he works hard in the weight room. Technique he should get in spring and fall working with one of the best. McIntosh and Norton did.

I don't want to put too much on Silvera, but that kid has a Division 1 ready body, quick burst and a nastiness we have not seen around Coral Gables since Big Vince. I'm not expecting a Christian Wilkins freshman season, but the kid is finding the field a lot. Wilkins had 1 start in 2015 and had 84 tackles. LoL, that's more than McIntosh and Norton combined this year.

I think we will be fine if these guys are who we hear they are. I.e. Willis was the best DT on the team, nesta is nesta, and ford/bethel progress. The problem is we really have no room for error and can't afford an injury.

Advertisement
If Nesta is starting... we are in trouble. We need to stop relying on freshman in the trenches.

Yup. Great talent but the trenches are for men you don't want to rely on a freshman. Does bama or Georgia have starting Dt's or Offensive lineman? No.

If Nesta is starting... we are in trouble. We need to stop relying on freshman in the trenches.

Clemson did and Houston did in 2016. It’s a totally new day and age in football. He probably won’t start but regardless he’s an elite talent and will receive a lot of playing time

I have seen mentions of going to a 4-2-5 defense is that something that diaz has said he plans to do? I guess we played that a good amount of time this season anyhow

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Willis is going to be a target for every team we play, f'ing with him to draw penalties and maybe an ejection.

Advertisement
Back