Geo's 2018-2021 Prospect Database

Why have we not offered Mullins!?

Mullins wants nothing to do with Miami IIRC

I think he'll change his tune when we offer.
WHY?

240.gif

Advertisement
I met DE prospect Patrick Bethel and is father Randy Bethel at the rivals camp in orlando he is a legacy his father Randy played TE at the U.

Advertisement
Just a quick note on Victor:

He WAS at Stacy Coley's HS last season. He has since transferred to Coconut Creek, to play with elite CB prospect (and fellow 2016 kid) Malek Young. That's another name for this list. That kid is AMAZING.

Advertisement
Some of my favorites to watch out for are shaquille quarterman, already 6'2 242 will be the top MLB in the nation mark it down, Feleipe Franks top qb as of right now, devin bush jr, and also my top receiver is Drake Davis, I'm telling you guys, Golden should offer or build a relationship now, he is taller(6'5) and faster(4.3) than craig and he high points the ball well(43 in vert) and is physical, watch his highlights and tell me what you think
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1937039/highlights/109105375

Drake Davis offered today by UM, Bama, Maryland, Temple, Virginia, and Virginia Tech. I tried to warn you guys ahead of time even though he is in the 16 class, this boy is a beast though.

Crazy how skill positions in south florida continue to produce top guys year in and year out. Wish the O and D lines could keep up.

Yes, much harder to find, and the quality of the OLs, at least, seem to be much better than they were in the '80's. We were taking smaller guys back then, had trouble finding the big guys. Those guys were up north and the midwest. Often white, ethnic guys, and it was very hard to pull them to south Florida. When we went up against the bigger northern teams, we often had trouble running the ball especially when on the road. I know one year this became a serious topic of discussion among Johnson's staff. You can't believe how small our OLs were, even with some of the very good teams of the mid and late '80's. I remember the announcers during the Pitt game in '86 saying that, for a number one ranked team, Miami didn't run the ball well. Pitt kept on stuffing us and Ironhead Hayward gored our vaunted defense for over 200 yards. We won, but we were not very physical. We mainly won because of a superior passing attack and a tenacious quick defense that made plays (turnovers and mistakes by the offense).

Today, we seem to have more of the big guys, especially for OL, in the southern half of Florida. We had a very nice class despite the loss of that kid to Stanford. Very few of our dominating interior DLs came from south Florida. Maryland, Kennedy--out of state. Sapp, Brown--central Florida. Wilfork--south Florida. We haven't been able to get a Wilfork type out of south Florida in fifteen years, now.

A dominating interior DL seems to be relatively rare in south Florida. Even Valentine was from central Florida.

I met DE prospect Patrick Bethel and is father Randy Bethel at the rivals camp in orlando he is a legacy his father Randy played TE at the U.
the kid is CRAZY talented!!!!!!!!!!!!! Huge get
I

I think Randy came in as a DE. He was not the prototypical TE, not that tall, seemed more physical and probably as much of a blocker as WR. Still, he was a more than solid player for us. I think Chud was the starter and shared time with Randy. I remember when Randy was being recruited in '86 and he was very much a want. We used to get a good number of very good kids from Vero. They used to be a powerhouse. I don't know what's happened.

According to 247 he has an offer and might be an early lean.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Updated the list a bit.

Two cane legacies in 2016

Michael Irvin Jr, Michael Irvin's son and Quayshon Alexander, Kiy Hester's brother.

Last edited:
Updated the list a bit.

Two cane legacies in 2016

Michael Irvin Jr, Michael Irvin's son and Quayshon Alexander, Kiy Hester's brother.

Quayshon and Kiy got names that could hail from the slums of Shaolin. I like.

2014/2015/2016

Jesus. A retarded chimp could recruit a championship team from this state.

It's already happened. Just need an aging, probably incontinent doofus like Bobba roaming the sideline with his age spots, probably wearing Depends, and the hundred yard stare.

I think it was Butch Davis, when he was recruiting coordinator (and DL coach) under Jimmy, used to say he could create a national championship contender just from south Florida.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back