Georgia Tech Film Study

Advertisement
Bump! So this offense worries you all to death!

So since our linebackers are the worst in the ACC we should get blown out? Pure sarcasm, no it will not be a cake walk, but an opportunity for us to get better.

The problem with GT is that you can think you're dominating them and you look up, and because of their stupid offense, you're winning 14-7 in the 3rd quarter.

Honestly I'm pretty happy with this matchup. Could be much worse like playing Syracuse, VT, or any team that can throw with the miscommunication and coverage issues we had with Knowles in the secondary and assuming we could be without Redwine.

Diaz, Richt, and everyone on our D has seen enough of GT to be prepared. Just preach patience, gap accountability, and tackling and we won't have any problems.

Also, don't look at their defensive numbers and assume they are stout.. obviously they are going to be ranked that way based off time of possession. They give up chunk plays and they are vulnerable on the backend.

Advertisement
Honestly I'm pretty happy with this matchup. Could be much worse like playing Syracuse, VT, or any team that can throw with the miscommunication and coverage issues we had with Knowles in the secondary and assuming we could be without Redwine.

Diaz, Richt, and everyone on our D has seen enough of GT to be prepared. Just preach patience, gap accountability, and tackling and we won't have any problems.

Also, don't look at their defensive numbers and assume they are stout.. obviously they are going to be ranked that way based off time of possession. They give up chunk plays and they are vulnerable on the backend.

I agree after watching their Tennessee game they are definitely vulnerable.

It's a great offense. It's not as **** as the spread-em-out, fun and gun offenses that are so popular today, but the triple option is a fantastic college offense.

If there were any team in major college football running this offense today with halfway decent athletes, they would be blowing teams out left and right.

There's a reason teams used to run this stuff a lot more - because it WORKS.

Advertisement
I hate playing against this offense every year, we need to make a fair share of negative plays to put them behind the chains.

The reason why I think we could lose this game is their passing attack out of the option. They stick daggers into teams with that crap. Their defense isn't a joke either this year, kinda like the tougher than expected Duke defense.

Advertisement
Richt and Diaz know everything GT will throw against them. Our LBs and safeties need to start tackling better and we will win easily. All of FSU's big run were a result of missed tackles and over pursuit.

The key to beating Gtech is scoring early. If you can go up 2 tds early it'll frustrate PJ. He'll start throwing more passes and going for it on 4th down. Which is exactly what you want them to do. The worst thing you can do is let them get up early and control the clock.

Tenn.'s DC was clearly instructed his DL to give up 2 to 3 yards every play to avoid the cut/chop block. Which was dumb. It gave GT a full head of steam almost every play. You can't just surrender the leverage like that and hope to be successful. Which is why they weren't.

Advertisement
their offense is literally 7-8 plays

7 to 8 base plays with about 15 to 20 plays off those base plays. Makes their offense pretty strong because they can use the same personnel to run all 7-8 plays. Puts the defense in a bind.

The reason why I think we could lose this game is their passing attack out of the option. They stick daggers into teams with that crap. Their defense isn't a joke either this year, kinda like the tougher than expected Duke defense.

I was watching their film, they are small DL similar to Duke. I think we need to spread them out and attack their LB's ability to cover in space. Also they don't have much depth on the DL... hopefully by 3rd quarter we have worn them out with quick scores, forcing them to abandon the run.

They should have been called on high/low chop blocks pretty much on every play! Especially inside against the 1 technique. Dirty ********

It's a great offense. It's not as **** as the spread-em-out, fun and gun offenses that are so popular today, but the triple option is a fantastic college offense.

If there were any team in major college football running this offense today with halfway decent athletes, they would be blowing teams out left and right.

There's a reason teams used to run this stuff a lot more - because it WORKS.

Wrong. It only works against lesser talent. Miami destroyed the Nebraskas and Okalahomas of the world who used to run this crap.

Advertisement
Back