Georgia Tech Film Study

We've lost poked like guttersnipes trying to stop the option the 2 or 3 times Toledo and Puke ran it on us, and those QBs are far from proficient at running it.

We will have our hands full especially if we continue to be so undisciplined in our assignments. That fat old lady looking bytch Paul Johnson is licking his ghey chops looking at our players overpursuing and running themselves out of plays.

Not sure what this guy posts so much... you are as clueless as they come. Comparing Toldedo and Duke’s “option” to GT. What a moron.

Advertisement
Our Offense struggled to score on their Defense last year. This year won't be any different. Hopefully, Rosier starts right where he left off from FSU.

Georgia Tech actually played right into Manny Diaz's hands. I know everyone says gap discipline beats the option, and while that's true, the way you beat Georgia Tech is TFL's. They are averaging about 80 yards passing per game. 2nd and 13 or 3rd and 11 are drive killers for a team like them. They can pass the ball occasionally on 2nd and 1 when everybody is expecting another run, but on 3rd and 11, they're complete ****.

Half right. TFL are key but they need to be caused by a disruptive DL. Yeah, the option does not work very well when they face 2 and long or third and long. They fall behind and you have their out of their game.

Yeah, 3rd and 12 is 3rd and 12. It doesn't make a **** if it came from a DT or a nickle blitz or a **** penalty. Don't hijack my post just to try to make yourself look smart.

Every year I dread the GT game, being forced to deal with a finely-tuned system from the 1970's. The winning formula I've observed is stout defense on first and second down, getting them in 3rd and long, so they have to throw the ball. Field position matters more in this game than many because Johnson will go for it on 4th and 3 or less in our half of the field. They try to control the clock with long, slow and frustrating drives--Achilles heal is being forced to score quickly. As others have said, if we can get up by two touchdowns, it's very hard for them to come back...

Advertisement
99 going to have to stay at home and not break contain like he did versus FSU.

On the bright side, [MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION], I don't expect to see many DE's in coverage this week.

Our linebackers better stop taking bad angles & reading their press clippings.

Advertisement
We just need to score every time we have the ball or at least have prolonged drives. 3 and outs will really hurt our d on the back end once they start getting gassed. This comment applies to every football game but especially versus gt

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportSourceA/status/916484926526062592

GT is one of the best 3rd and long teams in the country.
[MENTION=17436]Loose Cannon[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17151]RealDBC13[/MENTION]

Stats only tell part of the story. Your offense puts up video game stats against inferior competition with undisciplined players, and look quite average when you actually face a well coached team or draw some refs willing to call that high/low **** blocking for what it is. And you are complete garbage in 3rd and long against quality teams. You're going to lose 4 games a year, on average, with that 1950's offense. I bet you dollars to donuts you didn't make 25% of 3rd and 10+ in the losses.

Stats only tell part of the story. Your offense puts up video game stats against inferior competition with undisciplined players, and look quite average when you actually face a well coached team or draw some refs willing to call that high/low **** blocking for what it is. And you are complete garbage in 3rd and long against quality teams. You're going to lose 4 games a year, on average, with that 1950's offense. I bet you dollars to donuts you didn't make 25% of 3rd and 10+ in the losses.

Tennessee could have beaten them by more. Butch Jones is a terrible corch and I didn't care for their play calls.

You don't know much about GT I guess. IMO no fan of any team really knows the other team well. They normally just say what they have heard about a team without any true facts.

Advertisement
It's a great offense. It's not as **** as the spread-em-out, fun and gun offenses that are so popular today, but the triple option is a fantastic college offense.

If there were any team in major college football running this offense today with halfway decent athletes, they would be blowing teams out left and right.

There's a reason teams used to run this stuff a lot more - because it WORKS.

Wrong. It only works against lesser talent. Miami destroyed the Nebraskas and Okalahomas of the world who used to run this crap.

Lol. Did you not see the 2014 game?

Our athletes, quick and fast linebackers, will beat their athletes. I'm not sure when we last lost to them - Tashard Choice running the ball?

Tennessee could have beaten them by more. Butch Jones is a terrible corch and I didn't care for their play calls.
You didn't watch the game did you? GT should have won by 20. We fumbled twice on stupid loose ball security and UT ended up scoring on both of them, we also missed two field goals from a kid who hasn't missed since then. We outplayed UT so bad it's not even funny, we lost that game because of ourselves. Anyone that knows football well and watched the game understands this. I have UT friends that even agree with this.

Advertisement
Our athletes, quick and fast linebackers, will beat their athletes. I'm not sure when we last lost to them - Tashard Choice running the ball?

In 2014 you were playing a defense led by an idiot who thought it was a good idea to face the triple option with three down linemen and the linebackers 9 yards off the ball. The sad sack of it is, though, as bad as Al Golden and Mark D'Onofrio were, you only managed to beat their trash defense once in four tries. Last year grown men walked into your backfield, raped your QB and took the ball from him twice in 45 seconds. Don't tell me what games I've watched. Our coach is 13-2 against your gimmick *** team, and I'll take our chances with a defense that keeps you in 3rd and long.

The Miami Hurricanes destroyed the option and drove it out of college football. Our DNA knows how to stop it.

In 2014 you were playing a defense led by an idiot who thought it was a good idea to face the triple option with three down linemen and the linebackers 9 yards off the ball. The sad sack of it is, though, as bad as Al Golden and Mark D'Onofrio were, you only managed to beat their trash defense once in four tries. Last year grown men walked into your backfield, raped your QB and took the ball from him twice in 45 seconds. Don't tell me what games I've watched. Our coach is 13-2 against your gimmick *** team, and I'll take our chances with a defense that keeps you in 3rd and long.

I'm not saying GT will win. You asked a question and I gave an answer. I think this game will be closer if you think Miami will blow us out but that's JMO.

Advertisement
Back