Georgia Tech Film Study

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportSourceA/status/916484926526062592

GT is one of the best 3rd and long teams in the country.
[MENTION=17436]Loose Cannon[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17151]RealDBC13[/MENTION]

Stats only tell part of the story. Your offense puts up video game stats against inferior competition with undisciplined players, and look quite average when you actually face a well coached team or draw some refs willing to call that high/low **** blocking for what it is. And you are complete garbage in 3rd and long against quality teams. You're going to lose 4 games a year, on average, with that 1950's offense. I bet you dollars to donuts you didn't make 25% of 3rd and 10+ in the losses.

Tennessee could have beaten them by more. Butch Jones is a terrible corch and I didn't care for their play calls.
You didn't watch the game did you? GT should have won by 20. We fumbled twice on stupid loose ball security and UT ended up scoring on both of them, we also missed two field goals from a kid who hasn't missed since then. We outplayed UT so bad it's not even funny, we lost that game because of ourselves. Anyone that knows football well and watched the game understands this. I have UT friends that even agree with this.

1. You guys frequently have ball security issues, including this year. Your own coach said after the Pitt game something like, "Thankfully we weren't playing a good team."

2. You didn't outplay Tenn. "so bad it's not even funny." You gave up 35 points after halftime to the S&P+ 77 ranked offense. They dominated your defense once they figured out to spread you out and out-athlete you. They were basically scoring at will by the end of the game. You should be thankful their coaching staff is so incompetent it took them that long to figure it out.

Advertisement
https://mobile.twitter.com/SportSourceA/status/916484926526062592

GT is one of the best 3rd and long teams in the country.
[MENTION=17436]Loose Cannon[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17151]RealDBC13[/MENTION]

Stats only tell part of the story. Your offense puts up video game stats against inferior competition with undisciplined players, and look quite average when you actually face a well coached team or draw some refs willing to call that high/low **** blocking for what it is. And you are complete garbage in 3rd and long against quality teams. You're going to lose 4 games a year, on average, with that 1950's offense. I bet you dollars to donuts you didn't make 25% of 3rd and 10+ in the losses.

Tennessee could have beaten them by more. Butch Jones is a terrible corch and I didn't care for their play calls.
You didn't watch the game did you? GT should have won by 20. We fumbled twice on stupid loose ball security and UT ended up scoring on both of them, we also missed two field goals from a kid who hasn't missed since then. We outplayed UT so bad it's not even funny, we lost that game because of ourselves. Anyone that knows football well and watched the game understands this. I have UT friends that even agree with this.

1. You guys frequently have ball security issues, including this year. Your own coach said after the Pitt game something like, "Thankfully we weren't playing a good team."

2. You didn't outplay Tenn. "so bad it's not even funny." You gave up 35 points after halftime to the S&P+ 77 ranked offense. They dominated your defense once they figured out to spread you out and out-athlete you. They were basically scoring at will by the end of the game. You should be thankful their coaching staff is so incompetent it took them that long to figure it out.

Ok

Our athletes, quick and fast linebackers, will beat their athletes. I'm not sure when we last lost to them - Tashard Choice running the ball?

take your dirty chop blocking offense and GTFOH

it's a disgrace to college football.

no, i'm not talking about cut blocks. i'm talking about illegal chop blocks that are disguised to get away with it. that's why everyone in the profession hates fatty mcjohnson and his scumsucking ways. fack him and fack you for defending the indefensible.

I have no problem with hard nosed tough football. but when I heard that sh*t stain at a coaching clinic talk about taking out players with his blocking scheme, it pretty much showed him for the miserable cur that he is.

Our athletes, quick and fast linebackers, will beat their athletes. I'm not sure when we last lost to them - Tashard Choice running the ball?

no, i'm not talking about cut blocks. i'm talking about illegal chop blocks that are disguised to get away with it. that's why everyone in the profession hates fatty mcjohnson and his scumsucking ways. fack him and fack you for defending the indefensible.

I have no problem with hard nosed tough football. but when I heard that sh*t stain at a coaching clinic talk about taking out players with his blocking scheme, it pretty much showed him for the miserable cur that he is.
So you're taking the word of others without any proof? Ok...... people complain about our blocking scheme because they don't like to put up with it. GT does not high/low on purpose. If so you would see tons of guys injured, but you don't. I wonder why that is? Maybe because it's a misconception. I challenge you to do your own research and find when we purposely high/low. Has it happened? Sure but I doubt on purpose. A few years ago a UGA DT got hurt from a high/low from us, but it was his own fault. Our center gets to the second level a lot to block LB's and safeties so what teams do is hold our center so he can't get a hat on someone down field. The DT did this for UGA and the LG went to cut right at the snap like he is suppose to do. If some guys wouldn't commit illegal holds then that wouldn't happen.

What a douche statement. Research intent? Are you ******* retarded?

What’s that entail? Interviewing GT players and coaches?

“Excuse me sir. Was that illegal dirty block intentional?”

Lmao. Dumb ****

Maybe we wire tap their sideline and catch them?

PJ “Great dirty chop block son. You wiped out his knee just like we talked about”

So you're taking the word of others without any proof? Ok...... people complain about our blocking scheme because they don't like to put up with it. GT does not high/low on purpose. If so you would see tons of guys injured, but you don't. I wonder why that is? Maybe because it's a misconception. I challenge you to do your own research and find when we purposely high/low. Has it happened? Sure but I doubt on purpose. A few years ago a UGA DT got hurt from a high/low from us, but it was his own fault. Our center gets to the second level a lot to block LB's and safeties so what teams do is hold our center so he can't get a hat on someone down field. The DT did this for UGA and the LG went to cut right at the snap like he is suppose to do. If some guys wouldn't commit illegal holds then that wouldn't happen.

How so?

Advertisement
Every year I dread the GT game, being forced to deal with a finely-tuned system from the 1970's. The winning formula I've observed is stout defense on first and second down, getting them in 3rd and long, so they have to throw the ball. Field position matters more in this game than many because Johnson will go for it on 4th and 3 or less in our half of the field. They try to control the clock with long, slow and frustrating drives--Achilles heal is being forced to score quickly. As others have said, if we can get up by two touchdowns, it's very hard for them to come back...

Miami, also, needs to come up a couple of turnovers. Just like last year in the ATL. hUh.

It's a great offense. It's not as **** as the spread-em-out, fun and gun offenses that are so popular today, but the triple option is a fantastic college offense.

If there were any team in major college football running this offense today with halfway decent athletes, they would be blowing teams out left and right.

There's a reason teams used to run this stuff a lot more - because it WORKS.

Wrong. It only works against lesser talent. Miami destroyed the Nebraskas and Okalahomas of the world who used to run this crap.

But Miami had LEGITIMATE TOP 10 defenses against those ' run oriented ' offenses back in the day.. This year Miami is far away from being a Top 10 defense. Let alone a Top 20 defense. Especially against the run! hUh.

are you mentally deficient? I said I was PRESENT when the words tubby uttered at the clinic came out of his mouth.

and are blaming the Georgia DT for getting his legs swiped? what gray matter, or lack thereof, infests that lump 3 feet above your ***?

please leave the planet. your mom should have swallowed you that night, instead of letting you dribble out of her mouth into her snatch

Advertisement
GT is as dirty as it comes and that includes fans. Don’t know where it’s from but it’s on Twitter. EDIT: it’s from GTStorm

Attachments

• B7C0C46F-4C03-49A7-A66B-DB2401C1365B.jpg
    B7C0C46F-4C03-49A7-A66B-DB2401C1365B.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

How so?

Yes, how so? It's the DT's job to keep the OL off the linebackers.

I don't wanna see redwine at safety getting ran over.. just keep him off the field this game

#20 and #5 this is their type of game

GT is as dirty as it comes and that includes fans. Don’t know where it’s from but it’s on Twitter. EDIT: it’s from GTStorm

Those guys aren't being serious. It's called sarcasm because that's the type of stuff they hear from other fan bases with not evidence. However, I don't like them doing that playing or not. I really hope no one gets injured. I just believe people have miss conceptions about what GT does with no proof to back it up. They just hear what others say and run with it. I've yet to find someone give me proof of what people say about GT blocking. I do understand the frustration with it though. I just saw Miami hurt a guy the week before last with a cut block, but by no means do I think it was on purpose.

Advertisement

How so?

Yes, how so? It's the DT's job to keep the OL off the linebackers.

I probably could have said it better. Basically because he held the offensive center it caused the high/low block. He was ILLEGALLY holding, so it might be his job to keep the center from getting to the next level but you can't illegally do it to get your job done. If anything you should hit him to delay him from getting to the next level.

Anyone else notice that the Tenn DL was 1 yard off the LOS? Last year Miami would crowd the LOS with 7 guys on most of the negative plays. I expect to see lots of Pinckney shooting gaps. Miami has to stop the FB dive/belly and QB follow with the DTs and ILBs. Miami has to create turnovers to get more offensive possesions. OLBs (2 of them as we likely play a 3/4 base) have to kill the QB and hope that the ILBs/CBs/Ss can get the pitch man.

Advertisement
The key is shutting down the dive play. We have the monsters inside to make that happen.

SIMPLE rules: shut the dive (first option), make the QB pitch the ball, stay disciplined with the defensive assignments. Our DL will create penetration and that WRECKS the option play.

Exactly
Lb need to carry out their assignments
DE set the edges
Tackles fill and penetrate
We know they will run for a bunch, but make them earn it, and third and long them

Bump! So this offense worries you all to death!

So since our linebackers are the worst in the ACC we should get blown out? Pure sarcasm, no it will not be a cake walk, but an opportunity for us to get better.

You still here? I thought the board was mush and everyone was a softass ***** as you put it? That was after declaring you weren't watching any more Canes games this season. You're what makes the interweb so great. Keep it up.

Go Canes!

What I want to know is during 1:40 in the clip when their RB hits the hole, why was forward progress not called when he was clearly not going anywhere. When Akers was running through the hole in the fourth against us, it seemed like they stopped the play conveniently right after we stripped the ball

Bump! So this offense worries you all to death!

So since our linebackers are the worst in the ACC we should get blown out? Pure sarcasm, no it will not be a cake walk, but an opportunity for us to get better.

You still here? I thought the board was mush and everyone was a softass ***** as you put it? That was after declaring you weren't watching any more Canes games this season. You're what makes the interweb so great. Keep it up.

Go Canes!

Yup! I changed my mind! I missed it after a few weeks. Got a problem then meat me somewhere.

Advertisement
Back