George Pickens WR ....make him a Hurricane

Kid doesnt look fast or is it me? another 5 star WR that cant run away from people? how do they get these star ratings with no explosiveness is beyond me........4 star ok but if u have no explosiveness u will struggle to get separation at the D1 level unless your route running is savage.
Payton is sooo much more explosive , I like Payton better than him & Hasslwood

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cane shades on? Bc I’m not knocking Payton but hasslewood is sick
Hasslewood and Pickens both have some elite traits, I think Payton is the total Package watch his tape and tell me he doesn’t look sooo much explosive than those two

Hasslewood and Pickens both have some elite traits, I think Payton is the total Package watch his tape and tell me he doesn’t look sooo much explosive than those two
Hope ur right. I love Payton’s game too I just think Pickens and hasslewood are the goods

We haven't taken an unqualified recruit that we sent to prep school in a while. Nothing to lose. Great possession receiver but not a burner.

Did something change with prep schools? Is it me or are they not as big a factor as they were even 5 years ago? Feels like I haven’t heard of a big post grad prep school kid since like Carlos Hyde.

Advertisement
George Pickens is a monster of a transfer/ football player ......Explosive in his vertical leap and has great hands , ability to catch the ball out of his routes is immaculate ,great body position to fight off defenders ,
He is able to get separation through route running and does run a 44.5.4 . Great up side , he is a true Baller a slower but taller Jeff Thomas
Do you mean 4.?

Payton is more dynamic than Haselwood. If you flipped their star ratings this wouldn't even be an argument.

Haselwood is/will be a contested-catch possession guy. He reminds me of Jaelen Strong. Payton has separation skills and is a beast after the catch.

I hope he comes to the U. Why would you want to committ to a fan base that within two months will be calling you George ‘cotton’ Pickens. The funny thing is they will claim it’s becuase his routes are sliky smooth.

Advertisement
Payton is more dynamic than Haselwood. If you flipped their star ratings this wouldn't even be an argument.

Haselwood is/will be a contested-catch possession guy. He reminds me of Jaelen Strong. Payton has separation skills and is a beast after the catch.

Haselwood is faster than Payton

Blind man, look I like Payton but Haselwood is better at this point not sure Payton will ever catch up either

Advertisement

Here we go...spin it bro

Did something change with prep schools? Is it me or are they not as big a factor as they were even 5 years ago? Feels like I haven’t heard of a big post grad prep school kid since like Carlos Hyde.
Didn't we send Jobe to prep school? Not the first time a recruit has screwed us after we placed them. I think Lawrence Wright did the same to us after we placed him a prep in Pennsylvania. He went to UF. Don't know the whole story.

One difference in recruiting is almost complete disappearance of JUCO's from the recruiting scene. The portal is probably largely responsible. Also, JUCOs are problematic for several reasons. They are often dicey academically. The same reason that took them to the JUCO in the first place-weak academics--are still there when they are ready to leave the JUCO.

Yeah they recently got a new field I thought... The field there is really nice. My wife attended Thompson and says it’s really upgraded a lot since she was in school. Living in that area of the 205 coming from anywhere in South FL is tough. It’s a whole different atmosphere as in boring as ****. Literally got the Publix, Foodland, Zaxby’s and Neighborhood Walmart on 119 and that’s pretty much Alabaster in a nutshell lol.
Is Alabaster rural? Don't know Alabama at all. Just used to follow Hoover a bit around 20 years ago when the son of my friend from Grassy, IdahoCane, was their QB and took them to state championship. I also saw a TV documentary around that time and had the impression it was a nice suburb of Birmingham. Most of the best players from that documentary didn't seem to get top-flight college offers, as I recall.

IdahoCane played for us in the '60's, 'til his knees were essentially too damaged to continue. Maybe today knee injury recovery is better than late '60's.

I guess that coach, Rush Probst, left Hoover years ago.

Advertisement
Back