George Pickens WR ....make him a Hurricane

Advertisement
Well, every school left in the mix right now for Pickens- Auburn, Miami, Georgia - says the same thing about academics but no one is backing off because of it. Clearly where there is a will, there is a way.

It's no Stockholm, it's just realism. Things have gone a certain way with almost every high profile recruit for years now, and nothing's really happened that would change that yet. Maybe Manny will win a bunch of games and there will be tons of buzz a year from now, but there just isn't right now.

Go ahead and say he coming, I hope you're right. But it makes a lot more sense to assume he's not...sad as that is to say.
Do you know him or any of these high profile recruits you speak of? Do you know what this buzz entails? Reality you speak of is each kid is unique and has there own factors that go into their decisions. You guys make their minds up for them. That's not reality its yall not understanding the landscape and what has previously kept each of these kids from saying Miami is the place for me. Be real with yourself first and foremost if this recruiting staff matters so much and find out the kids actual mindset if possible before you decide yours.

Advertisement
Do you know him or any of these high profile recruits you speak of? Do you know what this buzz entails? Reality you speak of is each kid is unique and has there own factors that go into their decisions. You guys make their minds up for them. That's not reality its yall not understanding the landscape and what has previously kept each of these kids from saying Miami is the place for me. Be real with yourself first and foremost if this recruiting staff matters so much and find out the kids actual mindset if possible before you decide yours.

That's kind of the point, there's no way to find out their mindset. Sure, if you know the kid you might get some insight, but this board is full of people who hear this or that from a kid and it turns out to be wrong.

Even when their coaches or friends speak there's no way to know if what they're saying is correct. Did the kid really say that? Did the kid ask them to say something that's not true? Did they misunderstand what they heard? If the kid is getting offered money is that something he's going to share with anyone? Most importantly, does the kid even know what he wants to do?

So it's nice to talk about getting the real story instead of me making up my own, but there's really no way to do that. And not just because I don't know the kids, but because they don't know themselves.

That's kind of the point, there's no way to find out their mindset. Sure, if you know the kid you might get some insight, but this board is full of people who hear this or that from a kid and it turns out to be wrong.

Even when their coaches or friends speak there's no way to know if what they're saying is correct. Did the kid really say that? Did the kid ask them to say something that's not true? Did they misunderstand what they heard? If the kid is getting offered money is that something he's going to share with anyone? Most importantly, does the kid even know what he wants to do?

So it's nice to talk about getting the real story instead of me making up my own, but there's really no way to do that. And not just because I don't know the kids, but because they don't know themselves.
That's serve my point too though. If they dont know what they're going to do (which is easily 85%) then it's common sense that it's pointless to say they're not coming here. NOT EVEN THEY KNOW THAT. The people that do know the vast majority wouldnt betray the kid and his family like that by cheating him out of his moment. So just give the kid his time and his shine and well see how it goes. We all got opinions and that's kool. But opinion is far from fact. Let's just show a positive face and see where it goes.

Ill just say this, if he doesnt get eligible, he wont be at a JUCO neither but he will be on a FBS campus in september.

Advertisement
That's serve my point too though. If they dont know what they're going to do (which is easily 85%) then it's common sense that it's pointless to say they're not coming here. NOT EVEN THEY KNOW THAT. The people that do know the vast majority wouldnt betray the kid and his family like that by cheating him out of his moment. So just give the kid his time and his shine and well see how it goes. We all got opinions and that's kool. But opinion is far from fact. Let's just show a positive face and see where it goes.

Since I'm making this up, all I can do is go by how these types of situations have gone in the past. It's been very rare that we land a guy who is "undecided" at this point in the process. I may be mistaken, but I think it's been years since we've landed a kid on signing day that we weren't sure of going in. Until we start to land kids who announce on signing day, I'll assume we aren't getting them. And sadly, I'll be mostly right.

You can call that pessimism, I'd call it realism.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back