Tears Geo says JD has been hired

This is disappointing, but JD better get to work.

Seems like he will step back and hire a pitching coach so that’s gonna be the most important hire this off-season, we just can’t keep falling behind in that department, we’re not anywhere close to the teams in Omaha this season in that regard.

A good hitting coach is a must too, we have to change our approach moving forward.

Yes this hire sucks, but it’s over and time to see what happens.

This isn’t the old days where you need to wait 2-3 years for recruits to pan out, go out and get impact transfers now and lessen the damage our massive departures are going to leave.
Ppl
I refuse to believe that Terry Bradshaw was the Royals hitting coach.
Wouldn't he be a better pitching coach?

Advertisement
My nephew is camping at FSU today (he lives in the panhandle). And man…. I’d send him to our nemesis ten times out of ten from what I’ve heard out of Jarrett in this short amount of time.

As a baseball and UM guy, this hurts my core. But family is family and there’s no way I’d send him into the **** show that UM baseball is becoming.

I got punched in the mouth around here for defending Link this year, but yikes, we better watch out. The man can run a program.

Advertisement
My nephew is camping at FSU today (he lives in the panhandle). And man…. I’d send him to our nemesis ten times out of ten from what I’ve heard out of Jarrett in this short amount of time.

As a baseball and UM guy, this hurts my core. But family is family and there’s no way I’d send him into the **** show that UM baseball is becoming.
At least send him to UCF instead of Tallanasty. He’ll face good comp in Big “12.”

If anyone actually took the time to look into Rad's history, people would know he is **** poor at hiring HCs and besides football, really doesn't give a **** about other athletic programs.

Everyone was enamored with the hire because he came from Clemson, but besides fundraising, I believe most in the long term will be very disappointed with him as AD at UM.
He's a **** of a fund raiser and a businessman mentality running the athletic department. Our baseball program is terribly funded and the scholarship issue already hurts this program more than 95% of college baseball.

When big money tells you who to hire or the funds stop coming, you do it. There was really no choice. Pollard couldn't have succeeded here with dried up funds and no alumni backing and it sounds like he and Rad discussed that - Duke is 100% the better job for Pollard with 10% the expectations.

Let the alumni have their fun and have their say one more time and let JD fail and then we can possibly go out and hire a real baseball coach. Rad came here with the football coach already decided on who it was going to be, he didn't plan on touching the baseball coach hire but he had to and he did what he was told to do again.

I hope it works and I hope they come together and figure it out but it's going to take JD out of his comfort zone and involve hiring guys that aren't connected to UM, or it should. I promise you none of these former players have the formula to take this back over the hump and modernize with the rest of college baseball before it gets far worse. Poach from the ones that have already proven their formula works.

Advertisement
I got punched in the mouth around here for defending Link this year, but yikes, we better watch out. The man can run a program.
I was right there too. 1 more year of taking some lumps and then watch out. And they will be better next year just prob not top 25. It won’t just be talent either. They will be well coached. Just hired a very good Pc. To me an upgrade from Ristano. An FSU alum but has some great college experience elsewhere including just coming from Dallas Baptist.

siap

John H. Ruiz, CEO LifeWallet and Attorney at Law
@JohnHRuiz

Let it play out- very good coaching staff coming as well. Substantial MLB experience coming to the U!!!
Quote Tweet

hou1VwyI_mini.jpg

Mike Ryan (Ruiz)

@MichaelRyanRuiz
·
21h
Been thoroughly unimpressed with Dan Radakovich so far. This was the first major coaching search he’s headed up in Miami. He couldn’t convince his top choice to leave Duke. Decided to promote someone on staff… meanwhile the reigning coach of the year wanted to be here & keep JD twitter.com/michaelryanrui…

This is his response to everything; actually that’s been anyone who’s involved response. “Let it play out.”

I’ve now heard “remember E before W” & “Let it Play Out” way too many times here.

Maybe, but what it really says is the AD is just a symptom, not the issue. Until you find the person who has the moxie to be a politician and get the money with no strings attached out of Miami’s wealthiest, then this will continue to be what happens. Thank god basketball has been insulated from the local politics and back slapping.
I think its bc hoops was never really a priority tbh until recently. hopefully, the boosters dont get into it with hoops while L is here and beyond where it turns into what football and baseball has become.

at miami tho, the AD is always a figurehead. doesn't matter who the AD is imo. like you said, you need someone to tell the boosters shut the **** up and let me work. this inst a democracy. its a dictatorship. I make the decisions. you dont like it, kiss my *** but you wont bc you love UM and will still give me money to do what I need to do without your bull****

Advertisement
This is his response to everything; actually that’s been anyone who’s involved response. “Let it play out.”

I’ve now heard “remember E before W” & “Let it Play Out” way too many times here.
tells you why he shouldn't be involved w any decision making. you knew they were all for keeping it within the family. this program as a whole is far worse than USC at its lowest. they at least went outside and hired. we just hire guys who took a class at UM. that seems to be the only requirement that is a sticking point.

Advertisement
He's a **** of a fund raiser and a businessman mentality running the athletic department. Our baseball program is terribly funded and the scholarship issue already hurts this program more than 95% of college baseball.

When big money tells you who to hire or the funds stop coming, you do it. There was really no choice. Pollard couldn't have succeeded here with dried up funds and no alumni backing and it sounds like he and Rad discussed that - Duke is 100% the better job for Pollard with 10% the expectations.

Let the alumni have their fun and have their say one more time and let JD fail and then we can possibly go out and hire a real baseball coach. Rad came here with the football coach already decided on who it was going to be, he didn't plan on touching the baseball coach hire but he had to and he did what he was told to do again.

I hope it works and I hope they come together and figure it out but it's going to take JD out of his comfort zone and involve hiring guys that aren't connected to UM, or it should. I promise you none of these former players have the formula to take this back over the hump and modernize with the rest of college baseball before it gets far worse. Poach from the ones that have already proven their formula works.

Don't disagree with this at all. The issue here is, is this proves nothing truly of real signifigance has changed at UM. Sure, money is there now for facilty upgrades and NIL, however, if we are simply going to be recycling Miami bros who don't deserve the job or giving unwarranted extensions, all we are doing is putting lipstick on a pig.

And unfortunately, from those who I spoke with about Rad prior to the hire, he simply will toe the same old company line that has been the downfall of UM athletics for decades now.

I was right there too. 1 more year of taking some lumps and then watch out. And they will be better next year just prob not top 25. It won’t just be talent either. They will be well coached. Just hired a very good Pc. To me an upgrade from Ristano. An FSU alum but has some great college experience elsewhere including just coming from Dallas Baptist.
Add me to that list - it's what you have to do. It took guts to end the streak by blowing it up and not playing kids that weren't his or had no future, but it will work. Just ask the Cubs, the Astros, etc.

Advertisement
Back